[Plug-In] Community Applications

Updated this morning to latest CA. Running on 6.1.9. Did a search for an app, this was the result.

d0c05daee5.jpg

ok...  I'm very confused as to what's happening, as none of this happened for me.  Restart the server or enter this from the console and try again. 

rm -rf /tmp/community.applications

rm -rf /tmp/community.applications

Did that. Now I get this just on the Apps page, no search at all.

Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 351 Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 351 Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 351 Warning: Illegal offset type in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/exec.php on line 351

If anyone is having problems with this can you email me /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/templates.json

PM me for my email address as I cannot replicate this at all

PM'd you the file.

Thanks.  There is some extraneous entries at the end of it, but it still looks like a valid json file, but while I'm at work, pretty much all I can do is VPN into my server and see if it works (which it is - on both my servers 6.2b20 and 6.1.9).  Not going to attempt comparing the two files over my phone.

If anyone else is capable of sending me the file, I'd appreciate it.  Also, does the problem disappear after a reboot.

If I want to install cAdvisor, do I need to change any of the mappings? Asking here since it is linked from this plugin in the resource monitor.

width=200http://i.imgur.com/vYe3stt.jpg[/img]

All paths are already correct as is (no modification needed, and you'll probably break things if you touch them)  There is no appdata for cAdvisor.  Only thing is modify the host port (9243) if it happens to conflict with something else (pretty much I picked it out of a hat so you should be good).

Guess I should add a note that says no modifications at all needed.  I don't want to bypass dockerMan completely and install it manually, because I do want it to be able to handle cAdvisors GUI, etc through the dashboard and what-not.

EDIT: You actually gave me an idea though.  On 6.2, I can set those mappings to be hidden so that nobody will even know that they are there under normal circumstances

If I want to install cAdvisor, do I need to change any of the mappings? Asking here since it is linked from this plugin in the resource monitor.

All paths are already correct as is (no modification needed, and you'll probably break things if you touch them)  There is no appdata for cAdvisor.  Only thing is modify the host port (9243) if it happens to conflict with something else (pretty much I picked it out of a hat so you should be good).

Guess I should add a note that says no modifications at all needed.  I don't want to bypass dockerMan completely and install it manually, because I do want it to be able to handle cAdvisors GUI, etc through the dashboard and what-not.

EDIT: You actually gave me an idea though.  On 6.2, I can set those mappings to be hidden so that nobody will even know that they are there under normal circumstances

Thanks! :)

Yeah, that is a good idea.

What more information on the resource monitor do it get by installing cAdvisor? I did install it, but forgot to check before. I tried to delete it, but nothing got removed.

Found a "bug", If you click the "update applications" button, there is no way to cancel it. So if I press it, then I x out the webpage because I want to undo it, the unraid gui will not load before 2-3 minuttes.

It should still be possible to access the unraid gui, when the plugin is doing that update. If it is possible to fix, it would be perfect :)

Thanks! :)

Yeah, that is a good idea.

What more information on the resource monitor do it get by installing cAdvisor? I did install it, but forgot to check before. I tried to delete it, but nothing got removed.

Found a "bug", If you click the "update applications" button, there is no way to cancel it. So if I press it, then I x out the webpage because I want to undo it, the unraid gui will not load before 2-3 minuttes.

It should still be possible to access the unraid gui, when the plugin is doing that update. If it is possible to fix, it would be perfect :)

After cAdvisor is installed, within the resource monitor click on one of the icons for the apps and see for yourself.  cAdvisor itself uses no resources (or next to nothing), and is something like a whopping 40meg in the docker.img, so its well worthwhile to have it installed, (and even if you never look at it, you'd never even notice the fact that its installed)

As far as the Update Applications is concerned:

#1 - The only time you ever need to hit that button is if you KNOW that there's a new application that hasn't yet been added to the appfeed.  The appfeed itself is updated every two hours with all the latest and greatest, and CA checks everytime it loads to see if there's an update to the feed.  If there is, then it automatically downloads the feed.  This whole process takes around 5 seconds tops.

#2 - Update applications does take a bit to run.  There is no way to actually stop it short of outright killing the process.  There are fail-safes however built into it.  It will not try and take forever to download the particular repository, but will abort the download if it takes too long.  In this case, a note pops up stating which downloads it aborted.

#3 - Ultimately, the base problem here (and this issue is not limited to CA, but is across the board with unRaid) is that emhttp (the webUI engine) is completely a "single threaded" program.  It does one thing at a time, and any other requests are processed in turn.  This means that once it starts a process, that process runs to completion before the UI will respond to another request.  For another example, max out your internet download speed with something like NZBGet.  Now download a new docker app.  While its downloading (and taking its sweet time because of the limited bandwidth available), try and open a new tab and go back to CA or anything else with the webUI.  You won't be able to until the docker download is completed.  Closing the tab won't abort the installation.

All this being said, I have been planning some upgrades to the Update Applications button (more exactly to how the system downgrades itself to doing the same routing as what Update Apps button does).  But in the meantime, just don't hit the button.  Its there for a reason, but 99.9% of the time when people hit it, they are hitting it for the wrong reason.  (Why the pop up more or less says Don't Hit This).  To be quite honest, if I was in control of the application feed (and I'm not), the button wouldn't be there at all.

After cAdvisor is installed, within the resource monitor click on one of the icons for the apps and see for yourself.  cAdvisor itself uses no resources (or next to nothing), and is something like a whopping 40meg in the docker.img, so its well worthwhile to have it installed, (and even if you never look at it, you'd never even notice the fact that its installed)

As far as the Update Applications is concerned:

#1 - The only time you ever need to hit that button is if you KNOW that there's a new application that hasn't yet been added to the appfeed.  The appfeed itself is updated every two hours with all the latest and greatest, and CA checks everytime it loads to see if there's an update to the feed.  If there is, then it automatically downloads the feed.  This whole process takes around 5 seconds tops.

#2 - Update applications does take a bit to run.  There is no way to actually stop it short of outright killing the process.  There are fail-safes however built into it.  It will not try and take forever to download the particular repository, but will abort the download if it takes too long.  In this case, a note pops up stating which downloads it aborted.

#3 - Ultimately, the base problem here (and this issue is not limited to CA, but is across the board with unRaid) is that emhttp (the webUI engine) is completely a "single threaded" program.  It does one thing at a time, and any other requests are processed in turn.  This means that once it starts a process, that process runs to completion before the UI will respond to another request.  For another example, max out your internet download speed with something like NZBGet.  Now download a new docker app.  While its downloading (and taking its sweet time because of the limited bandwidth available), try and open a new tab and go back to CA or anything else with the webUI.  You won't be able to until the docker download is completed.  Closing the tab won't abort the installation.

All this being said, I have been planning some upgrades to the Update Applications button (more exactly to how the system downgrades itself to doing the same routing as what Update Apps button does).  But in the meantime, just don't hit the button.  Its there for a reason, but 99.9% of the time when people hit it, they are hitting it for the wrong reason.  (Why the pop up more or less says Don't Hit This).  To be quite honest, if I was in control of the application feed (and I'm not), the button wouldn't be there at all.

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers  :P

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers  :P

Decent idea actually.  I click it a lot during testing (sometimes not on purpose), and I usually use it as an excuse to go have a smoke.  So I can see how other people would do the same thing.

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers [emoji14]

Decent idea actually.  I click it a lot during testing (sometimes not on purpose), and I usually use it as an excuse to go have a smoke.  So I can see how other people would do the same thing.

I click on it every time I make a change to one of my repo xmls to see if it looks fine. It only takes about 30 seconds for me

Ah, thanks!

What about adding so you need to press a confirm button to start the update? I have pressed it more then twice then I was supposed to click the resource monitor, but maybe it is only me and my clumsy fingers [emoji14]

I click on it every time I make a change to one of my repo xmls to see if it looks fine. It only takes about 30 seconds for me

Your mileage varies.  Usually, my bandwidth is consumed by other containers running so it takes it a bit

BTW, you realize that you're able to set up a "web-hook" into the appfeed so that whenever you make a change or addition into your repository the feed will automatically run a special scan just for you and then be available to the community at large within a minute or two

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41413.msg392752#msg392752  (But if you do this, I would chat up KodeStar on lsio's IRC channel for assistance as you do it - not sure if the instructions are 100% up to date)

EDIT: Confirmation button on forced updates done.  Will be released on the next release (sometime next week unless bugs show up elsewhere)

Can I ask for a bit of help with cAdvisor in this thread?

When I click on a docker, the webpage will never load, and I end up getting a "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" message.

If I click on "log" in the docker page for cAdvisor, it will not load.

Do you need any more information, some logs or some screnshoot to be able to help me?

EDIT: Confirmation button on forced updates done.  Will be released on the next release (sometime next week unless bugs show up elsewhere)

Perfect! :)

When I click on a docker, the webpage will never load, and I end up getting a "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" message.

Do you need any more information, some logs or some screnshoot to be able to help me?

I guess that here is as best a place as any, since it's me who's pushing it (but it is out of smdion's repository)

I guess start with another screen shot of the volume mappings and the port.  Are you able to hit it from the dashboard and selecting the WebUI for cadvisor?

I guess that here is as best a place as any, since it's me who's pushing it (but it is out of smdion's repository)

I guess start with another screen shot of the volume mappings and the port.  Are you able to hit it from the dashboard and selecting the WebUI for cadvisor?

width=200http://i.imgur.com/BBDkgyk.png[/img]

width=200http://i.imgur.com/ktyaiEL.png[/img]

width=200http://i.imgur.com/th127Xq.png[/img]

If I press the webpage from CA, this is what happends.

width=200http://i.imgur.com/8VqX3zI.png[/img]

Everything matches mine perfectly.  And the dashboard shows that its running.  I know that in my testing with cAdvisor it would occasionally take a minute to boot up the GUI.  I would try again it again.

Failing that (and I doubt that this will make a difference), remove the container and image through dockerMan, then search CA for cadvisor and install that (its identical except for a different host port)

No idea what's up with the log not displaying, but it seems to be a recurring theme with 6.1.9 every once in a while

Everything matches mine perfectly.  And the dashboard shows that its running.  I know that in my testing with cAdvisor it would occasionally take a minute to boot up the GUI.  I would try again it again.

Failing that (and I doubt that this will make a difference), remove the container and image through dockerMan, then search CA for cadvisor and install that (its identical except for a different host port)

No idea what's up with the log not displaying, but it seems to be a recurring theme with 6.1.9 every once in a while

I have waited for 10 minuttes, still not working.

Just tried that, not working either.

Do you have any idea that makes the webui not show up? I have set a webui on the docker, but there is not option to go to the webui then I click the docker.

width=200http://i.imgur.com/ktyaiEL.png[/img]