[Plug-In] Community Applications

yep.jpg

If you're like me (hopefully not), you've probably got a ton of excess appdata folders for applications which you no longer have installed, and probably will not install again.

Added in a module which goes through the list of your previously installed applications, find's the appdata folder locations, compares it to the appdata list for your installed applications and then prompts you to delete the orphaned ones.

This will not touch any appdata that might happen to be used for a plugin, a VM, etc.

Hi Squid I just ran the clean appdata module. It found 2 appdata folders from old apps. So i selected them to delete.

Unfortunately it deleted all my appdata folders. Looking at the module it still says i have one folder listed

SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/      however that isnt there in my appdata?

edit ..

Just selected the above to be deleted again and message i get is

Are you sure you want to delete these folders? /mnt/cache/appdata/

is it is deleting everything in my appadata. I let it then folder again. Then ran module again this time i said i have no orphaned appdata folders. I then started emby which created the emby appdata folder again.

I checked the module again and it once again tells me i have one orpaned appdat  SABnzbd: /mnt/cache/appdata/

Any idea why this is happening on my system?

edit 2....

ok I remember. i guess at one time SABnzbd  put its files in the root of my appdata folder. As i manually deleted these files with krusader your module thought they are still present and deletes all files in appdata :-(

1appdata.png

ok... There was a possibility I just never considered...  The key here is that as you've recalled, SAB used to be pointed at /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/cache/appdata/sab

CA went through, saw that sab is no longer installed (and the last installation of it had the incorrect mapping), so CA dutifully (after you said yes to the confirmation prompting to delete the entire appdata) deleted it.

It winds up coming back prompting to delete it because other docker apps have recreated the appdata share.

Sorry.  I just never considered an app completely misconfigured like that as a possibility  :(  I'll add some checks to prevent this from happening again.

In the meantime, I hope that you have a backup of the appdata folder, and I would suggest going to CA's previous apps section and clicking on the red-x next to sab to get rid of that template so that this cannot happen again.

I know i should have read the delete confirmation but just rushed straight through!!! :(

Unfortunately I dont have a backup of my appdata (i deleted it when housekeeping on server then forgot to make a fresh one) but will definately make once again, makes me see how important that is.

I have just  deleted the old sab template so it won't be checked by the module and will rebuild all my dockers tomorrow.

The good thing is now people wont be able to do what I did lol

Anyway thanks Squid for all the great work you put in here for us all, its very much appreciated :)   

56-0.png

- Fix typos

- Prevent appdata cleanup from deleting parent folders (due to severely misconfigured previously installed docker template)

- Add support and project links back to table mode (not sure how / when they got removed)

- More forgiving cacheonly appdata determination on backup module

- Prevent a redundant download on popup changelogs and descriptions

I know this is not a CA issue directly but I have my backups for CA run nightly. It's a good tool to reset Sabnzbd before my offpeak downloads start as I have found it flaky start stop on a schedule. Last night after the backup / start/stop Sabnzbd dumped it's queue and orphaned all the jobs. Granted I was able to get them back with one push. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen? Didn't see it till next morning an missed a offpeak download session.

I know this is not a CA issue directly but I have my backups for CA run nightly. It's a good tool to reset Sabnzbd before my offpeak downloads start as I have found it flaky start stop on a schedule. Last night after the backup / start/stop Sabnzbd dumped it's queue and orphaned all the jobs. Granted I was able to get them back with one push. Not sure if anyone else has had this happen? Didn't see it till next morning an missed a offpeak download session.

Intermittent reports of Python and sab causing issues.  What *may* have happened is that after sab failed to respond to the stop command, docker automatically forcibly killed the container, with a side effect of the problems you noticed.  I always suggest to switch to NZBGet and never look back

I am getting a Malwarebytes warning on the CA page.

Looked at the appfeed, and there is only a single reference to macupdate.com, and that is the icon that PhAzE is using for PlexMediaServer.  In itself, that's not an issue since it's only an icon that's being pulled, but to fix it, PhAzE has to adjust the plugin template to pull the icon from somewhere else

getting a weird error when I first updated the plugin:

dmacias' plugin Repository https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/tree/master/plugins

By error, did you mean that you hit "Update Applications" and then it stated that it cannot download the plugin repository?

Normal -> happens to me all the time on that repository.  I think its because of all the .png's etc that are in the same folder as the plugin templates, and the download routine times out before it completes the download

But, there is generally zero reason (as the pop up states) to ever have to hit update applications (That button is there is specific reasons, and getting the up to date applications is not one of them, as the application feed is always up to date (within 2 hours))

On the other hand, if you got that error, along with "reverting to legacy mode", that means that for whatever reason, the routine was unable to download the application feed, and reverted to a legacy mode, and was unable to successfully download that repository (for the reasons above).

Looked at the appfeed, and there is only a single reference to macupdate.com, and that is the icon that PhAzE is using for PlexMediaServer.  In itself, that's not an issue since it's only an icon that's being pulled, but to fix it, PhAzE has to adjust the plugin template to pull the icon from somewhere else

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33341.msg478119#msg478119

I actualy didn't setup the original XML files for CA, not really sure who did.  Anyways, that Plex icon is coming from macupdate.com.  I've copied the image to my git repo and updated the XML link to point to there.  I'll check all the other plugin xml files too and do the same but probably not until later today.  The problem should be fixed now.

I actualy didn't setup the original XML files for CA, not really sure who did.  Anyways, that Plex icon is coming from macupdate.com.  I've copied the image to my git repo and updated the XML link to point to there.  I'll check all the other plugin xml files too and do the same but probably not until later today.  The problem should be fixed now.

I probably originally did, but since you forked them off of me (as instructed), I'm not able to correct it.

Is it possible to backup the appdata using the plugin to a remote share added to unassigned devices.

I have a usb flash drive attached to my router and would prefer to backup appdata there rather than my array.

Away from computer for a couple of days but I believe that I included support of ud mounted shares but since I don't use the plugin never tested.  If the share appears in the destination disk drop down then it should work.  Let me know

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Is it possible to backup the appdata using the plugin to a remote share added to unassigned devices.

I have a usb flash drive attached to my router and would prefer to backup appdata there rather than my array.

Away from computer for a couple of days but I believe that I included support of ud mounted shares but since I don't use the plugin never tested.  If the share appears in the destination disk drop down then it should work.  Let me know

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the share doesnt appear in the list. When mounting the remote smb share using the unassigned plugin it creates the remote share as a mount point

/mnt/disks/DSL-AC68U-83E8_ASUS

I can select this as a disk in the app backup module but then when asking for which share i cant get any further.

It would be great if you could make the module be able to backup appdata to shares off the server. :)

Ok.  You'll have it by Saturday

You didn't say WHICH Saturday.  ;D ;D ;D

Are you angling for a position at limetech?  ;D

jonathan it's squid, on saturday it'll be....

-- Update to community applications 2016-06-25k

Fixes all the balls up from 2016-06-25 to 2016-06-25j

;D