unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc5-x86_64 Available

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Another set of bug fixes.

We did add ability to make use of custom user 'thumbnail' images.  To use this, create a 48x48 png file named after each user name, for example, if you have a user named "cathy", create a file named "cathy.png", and then copy to

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/users/cathy.png

You might need to create 'users' if it doesn't already exist.

The thumbnail will then show up on the Users page.  In a future release we'll add a control to do this right in the webGui but I thought I'd point out the partial feature.  For an example, see attached LimeTech staff.

Changes
=======

Version 6.0-rc5
---------------
- bonding: fix to bring ethX i/f down before adding to bond; remove dhcp delay
- emhttp: fix disk/share status indicators
- emhttp: fix flash share comment not showing up, added flash share 'fsColor'
- emhttp: fix possible deadlock if http connection closed with output still pending
- emhttp: fix single-disk cache pool not mounting after format
- linux: enable kernel options:
  CONFIG_NFT_MASQ: Netfilter nf_tables masquerade support
  CONFIG_NFT_REDIR: Netfilter nf_tables redirect support
  CONFIG_NFT_MASQ_IPV4: IPv4 masquerading support for nf_tables
  CONFIG_NFT_REDIR_IPV4: IPv4 redirect support for nf_tables
- slack: fix ntp configuration handling
- syslinx: fix bug where Xen menu options are present in 'default' syslinux.cfg file
- webGui: added symlink to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/diagnostics in /usr/local/sbin
- webGui: file browswer: don't let user traverse up the tree beyond the mount point
- webGui: add rollover status indicator text for array status and user/disk share status
- webGui: add disclaimer to Diagnostics page (3rd party plugins may or may not expose personal information)
- webGui: custom user thumbnail/avatars support
- webGui: fix docker image file delete
- webGui: VM Manger changes (see github)

Capture.JPG.f0c82c49332c0e4e8773806d384e096d.JPG

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you mind posting the changelog as part of or in addition to the OP please?

Cheers!

Updated the OP.  You can see the complete change log in webGui Plugins page after 'check for updates' you click the blue Info button next to the version.

Also can view the Changes by clicking same named link on the download page referenced in OP.

still no change with the docker dns issue..

Please try these commands and post output:

cat /etc/resolv.conf
cat /etc/hosts
hostname

Then pick one of your containers with no dns and type:

docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/resolv.conf
docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/hosts
docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/hostname

replacing <container-name> with the actual container name.

still no change with the docker dns issue..

mr. balls, please try these commands and post output:

cat /etc/resolv.conf
cat /etc/hosts
hostname

Then pick one of your containers with no dns and type:

docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/resolv.conf
docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/hosts
docker exec <container-name> cat /etc/hostname

replacing <container-name> with the actual container name.

give me a little while, i've cycled them bridge to host and host to bridge and they're all active.

just working on something on the server.

Did the Docker DNS bug get squished?

No.  We cannot reproduce.  Open to any and all suggestions about how to make it happen  :-*

my setup is

sKt9p0c.png

i have several dockers.......

and two VM's also using br0 as i need them to get DHCP from my router.

how to get no connection for dockers, reboot or stop/start the array.

once in a while there are no issues, but pretty much everytime i reboot or stop/start i have to cycle my dockers from bridge mode to host mode and back again to get them connected to the outside world.

Did the Docker DNS bug get squished?

No.  We cannot reproduce.  Open to any and all suggestions about how to make it happen  :-*

my setup is

sKt9p0c.png

i have several dockers.......

once in a while there are no issues, but pretty much everytime i reboot or stop/start i have to cycle my dockers from bridge mode to host mode and back again to get them connected to the outside world.

OMG I haven't been paying attention to this "issue" ... but i think I had it when trying to get plex and rutorrent to be connectable outside through my router. I'm not touching anything right now because it works but I'll keep an eye. Right now I'm not using rutorrent because it kills my ratio, and plex is running in Host mode because last time I tried bridge just wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why.

Do your VM's ever exhibit lost dns?

Do you have your containers 'autostarting' (I presume yes).  If you set them to not autostart, then go and start them manually, do you see the dns problem?  Sorry, I know this is a pita but info would be much appreciated.  Also if you manage to get one to fail (no dns) please try that set of command I posted earlier  8)

Edit: Also, for your container Network type, are you setting this to "Host" or to "Bridge"?  When the dns bug happens, does it happen to ALL your containers, or only a subset of them?  If subset, any correlation to how Network type might be set?

I updated to RC5 after dinner as I previously stated I would.

I haven't run into any issues, but just beginning to use the system. My dockers based off phusion 0.9.16 base image are up and seem to be running fine, eggdrop connected to IRC and nzbget was able to pull and check RSS feeds. My HTPC was able to stream media from unRAID to the DLNA targets.

Hi guys,

Can anything be done in dynamix to make sure that the lightbox pop ups work on iOS?

Right now when you finger to scroll through (for example) the update progress lightbox, the page behind the lightbox is what scrolls.

Do your VM's ever exhibit lost dns?

not that i've ever seen, only one has outside access, my docker builder server.

Do you have your containers 'autostarting' (I presume yes).

Yes, most , but not all.

If you set them to not autostart, then go and start them manually, do you see the dns problem?

the ones that aren't autostart, it's hit and miss if i manually start them whether they have connection or not.

Also if you manage to get one to fail (no dns) please try that set of command I posted earlier

I will, but am still not able to reboot just yet, working on something on the docker VM. it maybe tommorow before i can reboot.

contrary to what some people think, i do occasionally sleep, lol.

Also, for your container Network type, are you setting this to "Host" or to "Bridge"?  When the dns bug happens, does it happen to ALL your containers, or only a subset of them?  If subset, any correlation to how Network type might be set?

Hi guys,

Can anything be done in dynamix to make sure that the lightbox pop ups work on iOS?

Right now when you finger to scroll through (for example) the update progress lightbox, the page behind the lightbox is what scrolls.

Did you submit a defect report on this issue?  Can't promise this will be addressed before 6.0.  We don't "officially" have support for mobile device browsers at this time, although I have never had issues from my Nexus 6.

Also, for your container Network type, are you setting this to "Host" or to "Bridge"?  When the dns bug happens, does it happen to ALL your containers, or only a subset of them?  If subset, any correlation to how Network type might be set?

all my containers are set to bridge, i rarely, if ever use host in my containers (the only one i've done recently that used host was serviio).

and there's no discernible pattern that i've been able to identify, sometimes it's every docker that doesn't have connection, sometimes it's just one or two, and other times, it's just one or two that do have connection.

i have a core set of dockers

koma, sickbeard, sabnzbd, couchpotato, headphones, htpcmanager, readerself and deluge and any number of containers coming and going depending on what i'm currently working on.