[support] limetech's docker repository

[sOLVED]  Just tried to update the Plex server from this page...I get "Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-n5wd-144kb.jpg[/img]

When I execute the update, this happens:

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-r1jn-115kb.jpg[/img]

Is this a known problem? 

EDIT:  Fixed the problem by stopping the docker service (settings>docker>enable: >no>apply, then deleting the docker image (checkbox), then recreating and reinstalling all the apps (use the "my xxxx" templates, makes it real quick so you don't have to recreate the paths!).

I'm having the same problem as you.  Where is the deleting docker image (checkbox)?  Also, What are the my templates you are talking about?

[sOLVED]  Just tried to update the Plex server from this page...I get "Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

I'm having the same problem as you.  Where is the deleting docker image (checkbox)?  Also, What are the my templates you are talking about?

This has been addressed many, many times here on this forum, including in the announcement thread for the upgrade.

Please search the forum for "layers from manifest". I just did and got 30 results.

See the link in my sig about how to search this forum.

Even though Squid has already replied, I am posting this anyway in an attempt to help people help themselves.

So I fixed the previous problem, but now I have a question.  For many months now, my plex has stated a new version is available.  How do we get that updated?  Seems like the docker should be updated?  Or is this something I should do from within Plex?

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-8ywq-48kb.jpg[/img]

If you don't want to see the notification, you can go to plex settings and change the update channel to public. That way it will only notify you if there is a new public version, which the limetech docker installs.

Pretty new to UnRaid (still have 2 weeks left on the trial :) ) I installed Plex Server Docker via the Community Applications plugin. Now I see there is a "upgrade link" whenever I login to the Plex Server webui. How do I update Plex in this system?

Do I have to wait for the plugin author to release an update and then it will update via community applications? Or do I have to manually update somehow?

Pretty new to UnRaid (still have 2 weeks left on the trial :) ) I installed Plex Server Docker via the Community Applications plugin. Now I see there is a "upgrade link" whenever I login to the Plex Server webui. How do I update Plex in this system?

Do I have to wait for the plugin author to release an update and then it will update via community applications? Or do I have to manually update somehow?

Go to "Docker" in your menu bar in Unraid > Look for plex > under the "version" is should say update > click to update

My VMs and docker got hosed in the last update, and I was told it was best just to start over. My first docker to put back was plex.

I can't currently play anything. I get the error messages of "There was a problem playing this item" and "Couldn't create playback session for this item"... I know this has something to do with transcoding as I have found it mentioned on other forums, however I am trying to find out what the best way to fix this on Unraid would be.

Thanks!

My VMs and docker got hosed in the last update, and I was told it was best just to start over. My first docker to put back was plex.

I can't currently play anything. I get the error messages of "There was a problem playing this item" and "Couldn't create playback session for this item"... I know this has something to do with transcoding as I have found it mentioned on other forums, however I am trying to find out what the best way to fix this on Unraid would be.

Thanks!

Don't know about the transcoding, but if you kept your original appdata, you might have simply forgotten to map the media folders back in the template

Thanks!

Don't know about the transcoding, but if you kept your original appdata, you might have simply forgotten to map the media folders back in the template

Squid thanks for helping!

I don't know if I am following you correctly, here is a screenshot of the container

Shot_1.png

Hey guys I'm having a real issue here since the last update. Also don't know how to downgrade.. but my plex install will not add newly added content during a library scan. I've added several titles I know are named correctly and they won't populate. Also If I reset the docker app my server settings vanish and my plex page is as if it's detecting a new server, it resets the server name to TOWER and I have to "claim it". All settings and information is reset and I need to reestablish outside connection and everything. The friendly name of my "old" server (before reset) shows up as unavailable. All existing library data is available and playable but nothing new will show up and I can't restart the server or docker.

Now I think it might be something less Plex specific.. My deluge container just completely cleared its queue and I'm at square one. No other docker apps seem to be affected. Scratching my head as to how this can happen without any significant changes on my behalf.

EDIT*

K pretty sure it's my "sandisk ultra fit" USB. -disregard- I'm using another USB so far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.  I just switched over from Needo's container and I'm unable to access my Plex server either via the Web UI link on the docker page ("This site can't be reached - 192.168.1.23 refused to connect") or through the Plex web app (I can login but it says a server cannot be found).  I had this with Needo's version too for the last week too which is why I wanted to try Plex through this container and take advantage of the official support.  Needo's version had worked for me for a long time until a week or 2 ago I suddenly could no longer access the Plex server and checking the unRAID log I found BTRFS errors all over the place.  Through the general support forum I was able to fix those (see here - https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54135.0 ) and after moving all appdata, etc. back to the cache pool I no longer get any errors running BTRFS scrubs or in the log.  But since I'm still not able to access Plex I'm wondering if the issue here might be something else? 

When I switched over I obviously didn't want to lose my previous PMS config so I changed the default config host path in the template to point to what I was using before -- /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex.  Otherwise I just used the default Limetech container values.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Also not sure if it's relevant but I am a Plex Pass member though for this server I am fine sticking with the public version and update channel.  (This is my backup server which I host remotely and share with family.  I have a separate Windows based Plex server with the Plex Pass version for home use). 

Hi folks,

Having some issues! I reset my Plex account password (on the Plex.tv) site and ever since then I've been unable to find my plex server. I can reach the Plex GUI but it shows no servers. I assumed it was an authentication issue so removed the Preferences.xml file as per Plex's support guidance which should normally force it to re-authenticate etc.

I can, however, see the server from my Plex iOS app. I cannot now login to my Plex account from the Plex Web GUI OR the iOS app, but I can login directly at plex.tv.

But no joy! Any ideas? I was originally on the linuxserver.io docker but have installed to the LimeTech official image using the same paths and default settings (i.e. host settings etc..)

Thanks,

Alex.

Hi - I think the issue is that I can no longer see my server as it needs to be re-authenticated from the local address (i.e. 127.0.0.1). It doesn't show at serveraddress:32400 (only the GUI which says no server).

I think this happened as I reset the password from the plex.tv account page which required re-authentication. I then removed the cert info from the Preferences.xml as per the Plex forum guide for this issue, hence it needs to be re-authenticated.

I may be wrong, but how can I access the local loopback address of a docker?

Hi there.  I just switched over from Needo's container and I'm unable to access my Plex server either via the Web UI link on the docker page ("This site can't be reached - 192.168.1.23 refused to connect") or through the Plex web app (I can login but it says a server cannot be found).  I had this with Needo's version too for the last week too which is why I wanted to try Plex through this container and take advantage of the official support.  Needo's version had worked for me for a long time until a week or 2 ago I suddenly could no longer access the Plex server and checking the unRAID log I found BTRFS errors all over the place.  Through the general support forum I was able to fix those (see here - https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=54135.0 ) and after moving all appdata, etc. back to the cache pool I no longer get any errors running BTRFS scrubs or in the log.  But since I'm still not able to access Plex I'm wondering if the issue here might be something else? 

When I switched over I obviously didn't want to lose my previous PMS config so I changed the default config host path in the template to point to what I was using before -- /mnt/cache/appdata/Plex.  Otherwise I just used the default Limetech container values.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Also not sure if it's relevant but I am a Plex Pass member though for this server I am fine sticking with the public version and update channel.  (This is my backup server which I host remotely and share with family.  I have a separate Windows based Plex server with the Plex Pass version for home use).

Anyone?

Any thoughts on how I can access the Plex GUI from the local address of the docker container? I can use docker exec to run a bash script but not sure if setting up an ssh tunnel is the way to go here, or if that would actually work?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex, are you trying to do this from within the same network as the plex server?

Any thoughts on how I can access the Plex GUI from the local address of the docker container? I can use docker exec to run a bash script but not sure if setting up an ssh tunnel is the way to go here, or if that would actually work?

Thanks,

Alex

Normally you'd run this Plex container using 'Host' networking so Plex will use the same subnet/IP as unRAID.  In this case there wouldn't be any special virtual networking components set up by Docker for the Plex container.

Forget it.  I gave up and just wiped my old Plex server and started fresh instead.  I use Ember Media Manager so thankfully it's only going to be a few hours of work to manually re-create my movie collections, etc that can only be set up through PMS vs. the nearly impossible task it would have been if I had to recreate all my metadata and artwork preferences through Plex.

Have to say, one of the things I've always loved about unRAID is the support provided through this forum so I hope it's just a one-off that my question went almost a week with no reply on an official support thread.  Even if no one had an answer, just an acknowledgement that someone had bothered to read it might have been nice.

• Squid unpinned this topic