[support] limetech's docker repository

Is the limetech plex app not supported anymore? What's the exact reason for migrating to another author?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dont know if I would say it was ever really supported, at least not in the way of public forum support and not when compared to the support threads by other authors.

I just updated this docker to Plex 1.0 I just shut the App down and went into "edit" the docker and without changing any settings pressed the save button, and everything updates fine. For your info; I am not running a Plexpass version. so I can't say it will work in all circumstances.

Hope this help guys.

This is actually a perfect workaround for anyone on 6.2 beta23 until the next version of unRAID is released.  Alternatively, on the Docker page, you can toggle on Advanced view and click the 'force update' link for Plex.

Is there a plan to update this docker, or is it no longer supported?

limetech's Plex docker app was updated to version 1.0.0.2261 on June 29th...

Thanks eschultz.  Sorry for the stupid question, I'm still kind of getting the hang of dockers, but what's the preferred method of updating plex?  The docker app was not showing any updates, and a manual restart/shut down/start up of the docker was not working either.  I did finally get it to work by using the force update recommended above.  Is that the best way to do it from here on out?

I did finally get it to work by using the force update recommended above.  Is that the best way to do it from here on out?

That would be my way of doing it.

Thanks eschultz.  Sorry for the stupid question, I'm still kind of getting the hang of dockers, but what's the preferred method of updating plex?  The docker app was not showing any updates, and a manual restart/shut down/start up of the docker was not working either.  I did finally get it to work by using the force update recommended above.  Is that the best way to do it from here on out?

The next release of unRAID 6.2, rc1, will properly show when a docker update is actually available so you won't have to do a 'force update' any longer after that... or until Docker changes the Docker Hub API schema again (which is what broke these status updates for some of the latest docker containers this time)

rc1 has been 'done' for a few days now but we've just been nitpicking last minute minor details and prepping for public release.  BRiT: soontm means very soon, at least this time.  ;D

The next release of unRAID 6.2, rc1, will properly show when a docker update is actually available so you won't have to do a 'force update' any longer after that... or until Docker changes the Docker Hub API schema again (which is what broke these status updates for some of the latest docker containers this time)

rc1 has been 'done' for a few days now but we've just been nitpicking last minute minor details and prepping for public release.  BRiT: soontm means very soon, at least this time.  ;D

is it here yet ? lol

Who is the "They" that built you a test version? Are you sure they built you a docker, or is it just a linux executable?

Excellent question.  I am not sure.  They know that I am using a limetech docker.  How can I test?

Given the question asked, and answer given. I think only "They" will be able to tell you, whoever "They" are.

Who is the "They" that built you a test version? Are you sure they built you a docker, or is it just a linux executable?

Excellent question.  I am not sure.  They know that I am using a limetech docker.  How can I test?

Given the question asked, and answer given. I think only "They" will be able to tell you, whoever "They" are.

Sorry, forgot to paste this...

https://help.getsync.com

The developers themselves....  I will ask them...

When I want to do a force update of the Plex Server, I get the following message: Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

Since I have no idea what to do.. could someone shed light on what I have to do?

Thanks.

Only ever saw that once before.  Try first deleting the container and image then readding it via CA previous apps (all will be the same as before)

If that doesn't fix it delete the docker.ing file recreate it and add the apps back in.

Can't remember which solution worked for me

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

When I want to do a force update of the Plex Server, I get the following message: Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?

Since I have no idea what to do.. could someone shed light on what I have to do?

Thanks.

Only ever saw that once before.  Try first deleting the container and image then readding it via CA previous apps (all will be the same as before)

If that doesn't fix it delete the docker.ing file recreate it and add the apps back in.

Can't remember which solution worked for me

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

That did it.

Thanks!

Here is what the Sync guys suggest we use to install their test build inside of our docker.  (I am on 6.1.9 presently)

Does this make sense

For the matter of tests you can replace binary inside the docker container. Just use the

docker exec -i -t <your_container> /bin/bash

to access the evironment. Binary stays there in /opt/btsync folder. 
Rename old binary without killing it, put a new one with "btsync" name and exit container. 
Now when you start the container, it'll run new test binary. 
You can redeploy an image to return original binary (though be careful to take care of your data - I hope it does not stay inside the container).

Using the following command I can copy the file into the container, but how do I rename the existing "btsync" exectuable to "btsyncold" and then rename "btsyncnewexe" to "btsync" ?  The rename command in Docker doesn't appear to work like normal

root@Server1:~# docker cp /boot/btsyncnewexe be45c973020a:/opt/btsync/btsyncnewexe

root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync# rename
Usage: rename [-v] [-n] [-f] perlexpr [filenames]

root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync# rename btsync btsyncold
Bareword "btsync" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 1) line 1.
root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync#

Here is what the Sync guys suggest we use to install their test build inside of our docker.  (I am on 6.1.9 presently)

Does this make sense

For the matter of tests you can replace binary inside the docker container. Just use the

docker exec -i -t <your_container> /bin/bash

to access the evironment. Binary stays there in /opt/btsync folder. 
Rename old binary without killing it, put a new one with "btsync" name and exit container. 
Now when you start the container, it'll run new test binary. 
You can redeploy an image to return original binary (though be careful to take care of your data - I hope it does not stay inside the container).

Using the following command I can copy the file into the container, but how do I rename the existing "btsync" exectuable to "btsyncold" and then rename "btsyncnewexe" to "btsync" ?  The rename command in Docker doesn't appear to work like normal

root@Server1:~# docker cp /boot/btsyncnewexe be45c973020a:/opt/btsync/btsyncnewexe

root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync# rename
Usage: rename [-v] [-n] [-f] perlexpr [filenames]

root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync# rename btsync btsyncold
Bareword "btsync" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 1) line 1.
root@be45c973020a:/opt/btsync#

Just use the standard Linux commands.

If you don't know those, then look at "mv" to move from source to destination.

• Squid unpinned this topic