[support] limetech's docker repository

Hello,

Plex has recently release one of the most anticipated updates yet: the ability to control end user bandwidth.

When do you think you'll have the time to release the new update into the docker environment?

thank you for all your work,

PLo

I too was super excited for this as I stream to my brother constantly. However in the fine print Plex states that a Deep Media Analysis must be run on ALL your media in order for this to work, total bummer!

Hello?

Has the support for this container ended?

Please advise if so.

Thank you for all the work you've done,

PLo

I would say that no, LT's support for their containers has NOT ended (their last update to Plex was 9/13  (although BTSync lists the latest change as 7/2)  But, if you absolutely want to run the absolute latest and greatest version of Plex (instead of something that just plain works), then the LT docker is not for you.  Switch to Linuxserver's or Binhex's who concentrate on supporting those apps instead of LT where they have multiple areas to concentrate on (and their docker containers are not their priority - nor should it be)

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I am running the limetech repository version of Plex media server, I am currently trying to connect a smart TV plex app to the fully operational server but I am unable to do so as the server is presenting itself of 2 subnets, 192.168.x.x (My LAN) and 172.17.0.1 (Research tells me this is Docker container networking)

Plex states that the server needs to present itself on a single subnet due to Smart TV app restrictions, is this possible to do with the dockerised version of the PMS?

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Hello?

Has the support for this container ended?

Please advise if so.

Thank you for all the work you've done,

PLo

I would say that no, LT's support for their containers has NOT ended (their last update to Plex was 9/13  (although BTSync lists the latest change as 7/2)  But, if you absolutely want to run the absolute latest and greatest version of Plex (instead of something that just plain works), then the LT docker is not for you.  Switch to Linuxserver's or Binhex's who concentrate on supporting those apps instead of LT where they have multiple areas to concentrate on (and their docker containers are not their priority - nor should it be)

Thanks, will do and move to the "latest and greatest" docker containers.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, I am running the limetech repository version of Plex media server, I am currently trying to connect a smart TV plex app to the fully operational server but I am unable to do so as the server is presenting itself of 2 subnets, 192.168.x.x (My LAN) and 172.17.0.1 (Research tells me this is Docker container networking)

Plex states that the server needs to present itself on a single subnet due to Smart TV app restrictions, is this possible to do with the dockerised version of the PMS?

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

Hi,

under docker > PMS config make sure plex is running

Network type: Host

Privileged: Check

Bind time: Check

PLo

after 6.2.1 update (from 6.1.9) i migrate to the limstech sync container (from hurricane's) because for a reason that i dont know this time i cant update it from command line to the latest version which is resilio sync.

The problem is my disks wont spindown when sync docker is running, and if i manually spindown my disks they will spinup in a few minutes. When i stop the sync container all disks spindown normally.

Can anybody help me about this issue?

after 6.2.1 update (from 6.1.9) i migrate to the limstech sync container (from hurricane's) because for a reason that i dont know this time i cant update it from command line to the latest version which is resilio sync.

The problem is my disks wont spindown when sync docker is running, and if i manually spindown my disks they will spinup in a few minutes. When i stop the sync container all disks spindown normally.

Can anybody help me about this issue?

Would be helpful if you put your config in your post.  Might not get an answer but nobody can help you unless they know exactly how you've got sync setup both docker and in the webui.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have spent probably the last 8 hours of my life trying to setup a plex server. I'm guessing it's just an issue with my configuration but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I'll walk through what i do step by step.

1. Enable docker.

2. Go to docker tab.

3. Click add docker.

4. Select the limetech unraid template

5. Leave all the options default

6. Click apply

7. Wait for install to finish and say it was successful

8. Click the plex icon and click go to webgui

9. Login to plex

Now at this point. Plex can't find any servers. I haven't assigned any media directories yet because i just want to get the server running and then i'll do that later.

By virtue of the fact that i can go to my servers ip on port 32400 I know Plex is running. So how come it can't find the server itself!? I swear i'm going bonkers trying to figure this out.

I've tried finding a dozen different guides on how to get this set up and every time when they go to their server's IP and login it finds their server without doing any additional steps.

Kinda stuck regardless of whether i get help or not so literally every suggestion is useful. Thanks in advance.

BTSync is broken. The URL is no longer active.

I've added the changes to update BTSync to Resilio and get it working again.

https://github.com/limetech/dockerapp-sync/pull/1

For those looking for an immediate fix:

https://hub.docker.com/r/bashninja/dockerapp-sync/

Note: I'm hoping this will be merged into the limetech docker, so I won't be keeping my version of the docker updated.

Note: I'm hoping this will be merged into the limetech docker, so I won't be keeping my version of the docker updated.

I see the Limetech sync is updated.  Has anyone updated theirs yet?  How much reconfiguration did you have to do because of the Resilio naming changes?

I see the Limetech sync is updated.  Has anyone updated theirs yet?  How much reconfiguration did you have to do because of the Resilio naming changes?

I did :) no reconfiguration needed.

What does this error mean? All my disks have plenty of space -

Pulling image: limetech/plex:latest

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from limetech/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [0a6a3a453ddc]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 772 B. Verifying Checksum. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [1d552f174150]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 119 MB.

IMAGE ID [071f87be7214]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 119 MB

Error: write /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob508849310: no space left on device

It means your docker.img file is full.  Check out the docker FAQ for lots of reasons why

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

That's what I said.

Where?

Here....

Yeah well I guess I can be forgiven since it was a cross post

latest PLEX 1.2.6 is broken for AC3 and Chromecast (1st and 2nd gen).  Is there a way to specify a VERSION in a Variable to downgrade to a version not broken ??

Having the same problem. I'm glad that the Plex docker was upgraded, but unfortunately it introduced a major bug!!

This is a known bug and is fixed in version 1.2.7

[sOLVED]  Just tried to update the Plex server from this page...I get "Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-n5wd-144kb.jpg[/img]

When I execute the update, this happens:

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-r1jn-115kb.jpg[/img]

Is this a known problem? 

EDIT:  Fixed the problem by stopping the docker service (settings>docker>enable: >no>apply, then deleting the docker image (checkbox), then recreating and reinstalling all the apps (use the "my xxxx" templates, makes it real quick so you don't have to recreate the paths!).

So I fixed the previous problem, but now I have a question.  For many months now, my plex has stated a new version is available.  How do we get that updated?  Seems like the docker should be updated?  Or is this something I should do from within Plex?

width=300http://my.jetscreenshot.com/12412/20161111-8ywq-48kb.jpg[/img]

If you go to your unraid server and go to the docker tab, click the "check update" button. If one is available, it will show. Then you can right click on the docker icon and click update.

• Squid unpinned this topic