[support] limetech's docker repository

Hi Everyone,

I played around with dockers to figure out why port 80 was being blocked (long story short - couldn't get Apache/Nginx to run on 80). Anyways, figured out emhttp is using 80.

In the course, I was playing with the settings and ended up breaking PlexMediaServer/limetech container. It works when changing the network type to Host, but using Bridge and mapping container/host port 32400 does not.

My question is (I can't remember how I had it originally), what is the appropriate setting for PlexMediaServer? Bridge being recommended, I was trying to get it work on that network type. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I played around with dockers to figure out why port 80 was being blocked (long story short - couldn't get Apache/Nginx to run on 80). Anyways, figured out emhttp is using 80.

In the course, I was playing with the settings and ended up breaking PlexMediaServer/limetech container. It works when changing the network type to Host, but using Bridge and mapping container/host port 32400 does not.

My question is (I can't remember how I had it originally), what is the appropriate setting for PlexMediaServer? Bridge being recommended, I was trying to get it work on that network type. Thanks.

Host

Hi Everyone,

Host

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

Don't know if this is the correct thread for this but I am having issues getting my Plex media server too update to the latest version (I'm using the limetech docker). When I start the webUI Plex says that version 0.9.16.2 is available. So I tried stopping and starting the docker but I am still getting the update notification. Are there any special steps I have to do to get it updated? From what i've read it should be updated automatically with minimal effort?

Worth nothing is that I am on the trial version of Unraid 6.1.8 and I'm a complete linux n00b.

Hey

Don't know if this is the correct thread for this but I am having issues getting my Plex media server too update to the latest version (I'm using the limetech docker). When I start the webUI Plex says that version 0.9.16.2 is available. So I tried stopping and starting the docker but I am still getting the update notification. Are there any special steps I have to do to get it updated? From what i've read it should be updated automatically with minimal effort?

Worth nothing is that I am on the trial version of Unraid 6.1.8 and I'm a complete linux n00b.

Most users who want docker containers that are maintained switch away from the Limetech repository. There are several other plex containers out there. The LinuxServer.io developers do a great job with their containers. You might want to check theirs out.

Also, if you havent done so yet, install Community Applications plugin. It takes the docker experience to the next level and no user should be without it.

Hey

Most users who want docker containers that are maintained switch away from the Limetech repository. There are several other plex containers out there. The LinuxServer.io developers do a great job with their containers. You might want to check theirs out.

Also, if you havent done so yet, install Community Applications plugin. It takes the docker experience to the next level and no user should be without it.

Alright I'll try that thanks!

Hey

I'm stuck in this position as well.  I've noticed that the LimeTech docker containers take some time to update. 

Is this as simple as creating/starting another docker container and following the Plex-provided instructions to move the database and other config files?

(https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201370363-Move-an-Install-to-Another-System)

Hey

I'm stuck in this position as well.  I've noticed that the LimeTech docker containers take some time to update. 

Is this as simple as creating/starting another docker container and following the Plex-provided instructions to move the database and other config files?

(https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201370363-Move-an-Install-to-Another-System)

Pretty simple. Here's a good discussion-

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41609.msg394769#msg394769

• 4 weeks later...

I was having problems installing the Trakt plugin on the Plex Media Server.

I found copying files from Windows somehow didn't work.

So I used the Command Line app by dmacias72 in the unRAID webGUI under Tools Tab.

Got the info below from https://github.com/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler/wiki/Installation%20-%20Linux%20(Shell) just corrected the path for the right location of the Plug-ins folder

Download latest version of the plugin.

root@unRAID:~# wget https://github.com/trakt/Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler/archive/master.zip -O Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler.zip

Extract contents of the archive.

root@unRAID:~# unzip Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler.zip

Stop Plex Media Server from the Docker Tab.

Copy Trakttv.bundle into the Plug-ins directory

root@unRAID:~# cp -r Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler-*/Trakttv.bundle "/mnt/cache/appdata/PlexMediaServer/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/"

Start Plex Media Server from the Docker Tab.

I then went into the webui of the Plex Server and under channels I had the Trakt channel.

JjQ2B3K.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here's a strange one...

• Yesterday: Everything with limetech/plex container was working flawlessly.
  • Today: I can still access this PMS via non-web Plex clients perfectly...but the web client fails every time.

All I get is "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE" (in Chrome) and "The Connection Was Reset" (in Firefox).  Restarted the container multiple times.  Forced an update, too.  Same result.

I seem to have discovered Schrodinger's Media Server.  It is simultaneously up and not up at the same time.

I've found that if you set the port to auto in PMS which uses uPNP for routing through your router it will eventually time out or expire and fail to re-negotiate it.

I too would suddenly stop receiving content using plex-web anywhere and anything outside my network.

I changed the port to be manually configured and its worked just fine since.

I wasn't having any trouble getting to my PMS from the public internet but I figured I'd give your suggestion a shot, anyway.  I set it up for manual port forwarding and whatnot.  It's still failing.  So, I can add that to the list of symptoms.  I can access the web interface from plex.tv...but not from the same subnet.  Frickin' bizarre.

Was just investigating some things, and I saw that both the Plex and Sync apps from LT have their /config folders pre-mapped to /mnt/user/appdata/...

Plex (not sure about Sync) writes a ton of symlinks (unless LT has done something within the app to eradicate this problem) to its appdata share which are not 100% compatible when running through user shares.  If you've got a cache drive (and appdata is set to be a cache-only share), you really should change your host volume to be /mnt/cache/appdata/... to minimize issues with this app.  (many documented examples of weird results with apps not working correctly with /mnt/user/appdata, but they work correctly with /mnt/cache/appdata_

There was an android app update for Plex today.  All references to app = Android Plex app.

I had synced a TV show this morning.

Updated app to new version.

At lunch time the app wouldn't play the synced TV show.  I forgot to write down the error message but the app was crashing.

Deleted synced TV show.

Uninstalled app.

Downloaded previous app from apkmirror.

Installed.

Was able to stream my TV show fine.

Didn't get a chance to trying syncing again.

OftbVXN.png

It is not on the unRAID side because the Server end is April 22, 2016.

I'm having an issue where my cache drive is filling up (from adding files to my unraid server) and then there is no room for Plex to transcode so it just doesn't play.  I assume this is what's happening, because I run the Mover to clear the cache drive and then Plex works fine again.

When I first setup the Docker, I gave it 40GB, because I figured that was enough for my Plex database plus room for transcoding.  Does it not do it's "business" in that same space?  Or did i not properly tell it to use that space when I set it up?

I'm having an issue where my cache drive is filling up (from adding files to my unraid server) and then there is no room for Plex to transcode so it just doesn't play.  I assume this is what's happening, because I run the Mover to clear the cache drive and then Plex works fine again.

When I first setup the Docker, I gave it 40GB, because I figured that was enough for my Plex database plus room for transcoding.  Does it not do it's "business" in that same space?  Or did i not properly tell it to use that space when I set it up?

This has nothing to do with Plex.  As you've said, the cause is the cache drive filling up, leaving no space for Plex to be able to store within its appdata setting (btw, you've probably got the appdata share mapped as /mnt/user/appdata.  You should have it as /mnt/cache/appdata)

Changing the mounting as I suggested will probably fix the issue; Changing the minimum free space available on the cache setting will probably help the issue.  But ultimately, the problem is that you're writing more data to the cache drive than its size

When I originally setup the Plex Docker, it asked how big I wanted to make the drive.  I set it to 40GB.  Is there a way to have it use that space for it's database, etc, instead of just using the server's cache drive?

Sure.  Remove the /config path mapping from the template when you edit it.

BUT you do NOT want to do this.  One of the greatest advantages of LT's docker implementation is that appdata is stored OUTSIDE of the docker.img.  This allows you to easily manipulate it, manually change configuration options, if the docker.img becomes corrupted to reinstall Plex with all of your databases, metadata, etc and be back up and running in 30seconds (after the download of plex is completed), etc etc etc

Your problem is a combination of

* The amount your writing to the cache drive

* The frequency of mover running

* The size of your cache drive

* The Global Share Settings and Cache Drive Minimum Free Space

* Probably have your /config mapped to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/cache/...

When I originally setup the Plex Docker, it asked how big I wanted to make the drive.  I set it to 40GB.  Is there a way to have it use that space for it's database, etc, instead of just using the server's cache drive?

Sure.  Remove the /config path mapping from the template when you edit it.

BUT you do NOT want to do this.  One of the greatest advantages of LT's docker implementation is that appdata is stored OUTSIDE of the docker.img.  This allows you to easily manipulate it, manually change configuration options, if the docker.img becomes corrupted to reinstall Plex with all of your databases, metadata, etc and be back up and running in 30seconds (after the download of plex is completed), etc etc etc

Your problem is a combination of

* The amount your writing to the cache drive

* The frequency of mover running

* The size of your cache drive

* The Global Share Settings and Cache Drive Minimum Free Space

* Probably have your /config mapped to /mnt/user/... instead of /mnt/cache/...

OK, thank you.

I will just alter my Cache drive minimum free space setting (can't do it right now because Mover is running).  I did change my /config mapping to /mnt/cache/, thanks!

Could use some assistance:

Every time I install a docker (so far two versions of Plex and EmbyServer) I start the application and then click the WebUI and for each one it gives me the error 'This site can't be reached'.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the configuration of my router or with my installing of apps / docker. 

Every time I install a docker (so far two versions of Plex and EmbyServer) I start the application and then click the WebUI and for each one it gives me the error 'This site can't be reached'.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the configuration of my router or with my installing of apps / docker.

post what appears after you add the apps (ie: at the bottom of the screen there is the docker run command)

Many dockers can take a while to startup. How long did you wait after starting the docker before you tried to access its webui?

Many dockers can take a while to startup. How long did you wait after starting the docker before you tried to access its webui?

When on my LAN it immediately gives me that error, doesn't even really try to startup.  I have my unRaid set to a static IP address and have that linked to a domain name so I can access it anywhere.  When outside of my LAN it attempts to load and takes awhile, but always fails.  However the address it's trying to load is http://192.168.0.103:8096/ which wouldn't work outside of my LAN so I'm guessing the problem lies somewhere with my router settings. 

• Squid unpinned this topic