[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I don't know the full details, but the ability to set a /transcode directory was removed from our container due to upstream changes in Plex. 

Try removing /transcode from the screen above and testing.

But what's stopping people from mapping their own?

I'm not sure, still haven't quite got my head around it either, but thought it was worth trying.

I went to watch something on Plex and it's not working. Getting a a lot of thiss:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'soci::soci_error'
what(): Cannot convert data to std::tm.
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/2d15c503-2d8e-62f2-54d8d5ce-5fc87754-v-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e.dmp
Aborted
Starting Plex Media Server.
6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support

d
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1227a217-938d-96ad-2156f3e9-75c68b41-v-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e.dmp
Aborted

d
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/2643600f-0d71-d95c-18415bf5-03c6c46c-v-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e.dmp
Aborted

d
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/2643600f-0d71-d95c-18415bf5-03c6c46c-v-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e.dmp
Aborted

d
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/0b9596ef-52b3-2fde-6510fd22-198eb954-v-1.0.0.2261-a17e99e.dmp
Aborted

I tried reinstalling. I deleted the lock and pid. I found this though:

http://lifeofageekadmin.com/plex-media-server-startup-soci_error/

Not sure if it's useful. I recently updated unraid 6.2 rc2. Maybe it has something to do with the hard link option I enabled. I removed the docker image. It didn't help.

edit: for some reason, it seems to be the database. An older backup fixed the issue.

Yeah not sure what is going on. My container's config is set to:

/config /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver

and then inside plex's webgui is set to:

Transcoder temporary directory

/config/transcode

I just transcoded to my phone and watched at the segments populated my transcode folder.

Soooo that is how it works for me. Full disclosure I am using neeto's docker but once you have set the /config folder for the container, Plex should respect a transcode folder designated inside of it.

Plex is crashing in the container.  God knows why.  Not something we've seen before.  Might be worth grabbing the dump and asking over in the Plex forums

any chance you recent;y changed your container mapping from a user share to a disk share? That will break things and require you to recreate the container. Your appdata will be safe though. I had to do that exact same thing.

Plex is crashing in the container.  God knows why.  Not something we've seen before.  Might be worth grabbing the dump and asking over in the Plex forums

any chance you recent;y changed your container mapping from a user share to a disk share? That will break things and require you to recreate the container. Your appdata will be safe though. I had to do that exact same thing.

Nope no chance I have, it was the previous poster...  ;)

I don't know the full details, but the ability to set a /transcode directory was removed from our container due to upstream changes in Plex. 

But will it then transcode outside or within the docker container?

If it transcode inside that will just fill up

Edit: found out it encodes standard to

"/mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions"

"/mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions"

Do you have your appdata set to /mnt/user, or /mnt/cache?

I tried now by turning off all other dockers and VMs but plex and same happened.

You mean the appdata mapping on the plex docker?

"/config = /mnt/user/appdata/plex/"

I also have an "/mnt/user0", not sure why, the same shares are under it

I have not tried to set "/config" to "/mnt/user0/" or "/mnt/cache"

I tried now by turning off all other dockers and VMs but plex and same happened.

You mean the appdata mapping on the plex docker?

"/config = /mnt/user/appdata/plex/"

I also have an "/mnt/user0", not sure why, the same shares are under it

I have not tried to set "/config" to "/mnt/user0/" or "/mnt/cache"

Check here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=50452.msg484665.msg#484665

Also, user0 is all shares except the ones that are on the cache drive, so you should not have appdata there.

Install fix common problems and scan for problems also.

I'm new to Unraid and the use of dockers. I searched but did not see anything pertaining to my issue if I missed it I apologize. I have everything working great except for plex not finding/downloading metadata and posters for about half of my movies. It downloaded all TV metadata and posters fine, any idea why? Thanks for making great plex docker!