[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Look for some support and advice on my plex setup.

I have got Fix Common Problem plugin installed and its telling me I need change my unassigned mounts to slave but not quite sure how.

My general setup is MACHINE1 (AMD NEO cpu) has all data/videos etc no plugins and MACHINE2 (intel i3 cpu) has plex docker. Eventually I will probably migrate everything to a single machine but for now this will do the job.

I have attached screenshot of what my plex docker screen looks like. Any help or tips to improve setup would be great.

Hit edit next to those volumes.  Change them to one of the slave options.

Doing so will fix having to stop and restart the docker service to get plex to work after a reboot

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Plex not resuming after pausing, resuming not properly started from the last spot.  Anyone else having issues with either of these of late.  Seemed like these issues started in the last couple weeks.

Out of curiosity, how is your /config folder passed?  as /mnt/user/appdata/plex...  or as /mnt/cache/appdata/plex...

Was set for /mnt/user, switch to /mnt/cache same problem.  Doesn't work either way.  Put movie on pause, walk away for a few minutes, come back press play, and the cursor spins, hit X to menu, then play again ...  Seems like some kind of player issue. ...  Will try another PC to make sure..

Plex not resuming after pausing, resuming not properly started from the last spot.  Anyone else having issues with either of these of late.  Seemed like these issues started in the last couple weeks.

Out of curiosity, how is your /config folder passed?  as /mnt/user/appdata/plex...  or as /mnt/cache/appdata/plex...

Was set for /mnt/user, switch to /mnt/cache same problem.  Doesn't work either way.  Put movie on pause, walk away for a few minutes, come back press play, and the cursor spins, hit X to menu, then play again ...  Seems like some kind of player issue. ...  Will try another PC to make sure..

What client are you using?  OpenPHT or Plex Media Player?  You don't necessarily have to use another computer, just try another client.  I can keep my OpenPHT on Mac paused for as long as I want without issue.  The only problem may be that unRAID has spun my disks down during that time and requires a bit more time to spin back up before the video will fully resume.  Other clients sometimes kick me out of the pause after a while if its being transcoded... really is quite client-dependent (which would have little or nothing to do with this Docker container).

I usually just use Chome on Windows 7 x64.

What client are you using?  OpenPHT or Plex Media Player?  You don't necessarily have to use another computer, just try another client.  I can keep my OpenPHT on Mac paused for as long as I want without issue.  The only problem may be that unRAID has spun my disks down during that time and requires a bit more time to spin back up before the video will fully resume.  Other clients sometimes kick me out of the pause after a while if its being transcoded... really is quite client-dependent (which would have little or nothing to do with this Docker container).

0.9.17 is a forum-only release, so the LS.IO docker won't auto-update to it.  But this should work:

• Go to the Docker tab and click the linuxserver/plex icon, then choose Edit
  • In the upper right corner, click to enable Advanced View
  • Add or edit the VERSION environment variable and set it to 0.9.17.0.2108-356c3af
  • Hit Save

This is one of the really cool features of the LS.IO docker, you can run any version of Plex that you want.  You can get the list of versions from here:

https://plex.tv/downloads/1/archive

(well, except for the forum-only releases, which are available... wait for it... in the forum)

Note: I am still running 0.9.16 myself, the new version is too beta for me.

Last night I started to get an issue. No matter what I do, I cannot access my plex server.

-set permissions

-remove docker and reinstall

-remove all config files and start from scratch

My logs always look identical and I cannot reach my plex server. Oddly though, if I visit the local web page, it shows the plex gui and I can access other servers, just not the local one.

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_add_user_abc.sh...

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_dbus.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/20_apt_update.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/30_update_plex.sh...
Plex token not avalible, please login
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/90_chown_plex_owned_files.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/999_advanced_script.sh...
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 43
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting Avahi daemon
Starting dbus-daemon
Process 70 died: No such process; trying to remove PID file. (/var/run/avahi-daemon//pid)
Found user 'avahi' (UID 104) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.31 starting up.
dbus_bus_get_private(): Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused

WARNING: Failed to contact D-Bus daemon.

avahi-daemon 0.6.31 exiting.
dbus[56]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support

d
May 31 11:24:57 Tower syslog-ng[54]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

May 31 11:24:57 Tower syslog-ng[54]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 104) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.31 starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol

Failed to create IPv6 socket, proceeding in IPv4 only mode

socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol

Joining mDNS multicast group on interface virbr0.IPv4 with address 192.168.122.1.
New relevant interface virbr0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.17.0.1.
New relevant interface docker0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 192.168.1.199.
New relevant interface br0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for 192.168.122.1 on virbr0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 172.17.0.1 on docker0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 192.168.1.199 on br0.IPv4.
Registering HINFO record with values 'X86_64'/'LINUX'.
Server startup complete. Host name is Tower.local. Local service cookie is 2943209480.

Guess I figured it out.

Somehow it lost the token and I had to re-authenticate the server. I could not do this from my vpn, I had to be on a computer within the network.

I have a question regarding the multiple IPs that are unavoidable on Docker (the host IP -in the 10.0.1.0 range- and the docker0 interface in the 172.16.1.0 range).

How can I force plex to only work over a single interface?  My TV's plex app wont work otherwise.  I'd like to specify the 10.0.1.0 range to be used.  I disabled docker0 and it worked great but NONE of my other docker apps work then.

I have a question regarding the multiple IPs that are unavoidable on Docker (the host IP -in the 10.0.1.0 range- and the docker0 interface in the 172.16.1.0 range).

How can I force plex to only work over a single interface?  My TV's plex app wont work otherwise.  I'd like to specify the 10.0.1.0 range to be used.  I disabled docker0 and it worked great but NONE of my other docker apps work then.

Your Plex client app, once signed in, should connect to Plex.tv to find out where your Plex Media Server is located. It then connects to that IP address, which is typically your routers WAN IP.

Make sure your router port forwarding is allowing the Plex connections through. On my router I've set forwarding on port 32400 to connect to the IP of my unRaid server which is running the Plex Media Server Docker.

I need to run the following in order to fix some TV On Deck problems with some dates that got to 2038 somehow - others via plex forms have had this problem also - if not running in a docker I could work my way thru but - but in a docker I am not sure how to proceed

sudo service plexmediaserver stop && sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "UPDATE metadata_items SET added_at = created_at WHERE DATETIME(added_at) > DATETIME('now');" && sudo service plexmediaserver start

Suggestions please.....

Thanks

Myk

I need to run the following in order to fix some TV On Deck problems with some dates that got to 2038 somehow - others via plex forms have had this problem also - if not running in a docker I could work my way thru but - but in a docker I am not sure how to proceed

sudo service plexmediaserver stop && sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Databases/com.plexapp.plugins.library.db "UPDATE metadata_items SET added_at = created_at WHERE DATETIME(added_at) > DATETIME('now');" && sudo service plexmediaserver start

Suggestions please.....

Thanks

Myk

The database is located in the Plex config folders (appdata), not inside the container. I am not a Linux expert but I would guess that you need to locate sqlite3 first, then run it with the path to the database (for your installation) and the UPDATE command. Make sure to stop the Plex container first as well.

ok, never thought of it that way :)

sqlite3 downloaded and installed, sql command executed, and my recent tv on the dashboard is back to normal

thanks for the tip!

Myk

Actually, sqlite3 is already installed in the same folder as the database (I was at the office when I responded so I couldn’t check). Happy you got it resolved  ;)

For some reason my application name is now "modest_ritchie" after I downgraded unraid 6.1.9 plex is working but not quite sure what I done wrong.

docker lost track somehow of the name of the app and picked one by itself

Is there a fix? As it no longer detecting version either.

docker.jpg.bd6051fa2f81c97ef6c191314112c4ce.jpg

For some reason my application name is now "modest_ritchie" after I downgraded unraid 6.1.9 plex is working but not quite sure what I done wrong.

Easiest solution is to delete the docker.img and then recreate it, and re-add your apps via CA's previous apps section.  Since you've downgraded to 6.1.9 from 6.2.x you probably should do this anyways

Easiest solution is to delete the docker.img and then recreate it, and re-add your apps via CA's previous apps section.  Since you've downgraded to 6.1.9 from 6.2.x you probably should do this anyways

Sorry to be jumping from 2 threads. Will my plex data be safe if I delete image and container

Sorry to be jumping from 2 threads. Will my plex data be safe if I delete image and container

Yeah.  All the meta data etc is stored within the appdata share (/config)
  • 3 weeks later...

Getting some weird behavior lately and not sure why....

When i try to make changes to the Agent settings, such as order or which agents are selected, I'm seeing this in my browser console logs:

GET https://192-168-1-161.30d050bd1837439e87869e567ad3facf.plex.direct:32400/system/agents/attribution?identifier=com.plexapp.agents.opensubtitles 404 (Not Found)

vendors.9e96749….js:281 GET https://192-168-1-161.30d050bd1837439e87869e567ad3facf.plex.direct:32400/system/agents/attribution?identifier=com.plexapp.agents.localmedia 404 (Not Found)

It may be unrelated but I had an issue with OpenVPN-AS docker recently because the "new perms" feature in Unraid doesn't ignore AppData and mucked with the permissions of it's folder so it broke the docker.

Not sure if that's what's causing an issue here but figured I'd mention it.

Everything else seems to be working fine for me except for this weird agent issue. Any ideas?

How do I get access to the Plex logs within the docker?