[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I am currently using Plex Version 0.9.16.6. It says there is an update but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to update. I have done everything from restarting my entire server to turning the plex server off and restarting it to just checking for updates on the server itself. Nothing is updating this thing and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

It has updated in the past but now refuses to do so.

I am currently running Unraid 6.1.9 using Linuxserver/plex:latest

container volume: /config  host path: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/  with read/write access

container volume: /mnt  host path: /mnt/  with read/write access

Please, help. Thanks!

This is a bug within Unraid.  It's been fixed in the latest Release Candidate for V6.2.  Either update Unraid or ignore it for now...

One you update Unraid, delete docker.img and recreate it, download all your containers again and the bug will be fixed.

Actually just read a bit more in depth.

1.  There is a perpetual update bug in Unraid so the above stands for that....

2.  But there is an update available.  Delete your docker container from the Unraid webui and pull it down again and should be on the latest version.

I am currently using Plex Version 0.9.16.6. It says there is an update but no matter what I do, I cannot get it to update. I have done everything from restarting my entire server to turning the plex server off and restarting it to just checking for updates on the server itself. Nothing is updating this thing and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

It has updated in the past but now refuses to do so.

I am currently running Unraid 6.1.9 using Linuxserver/plex:latest

container volume: /config  host path: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/  with read/write access

Please, help. Thanks!

This is a bug within Unraid.  It's been fixed in the latest Release Candidate for V6.2.  Either update Unraid or ignore it for now...

One you update Unraid, delete docker.img and recreate it, download all your containers again and the bug will be fixed.

Actually just read a bit more in depth.

1.  There is a perpetual update bug in Unraid so the above stands for that....

2.  But there is an update available.  Delete your docker container from the Unraid webui and pull it down again and should be on the latest version.

So, I did this. And when I got Plex running it couldn't find my database. It said it couldn't find the old server, but did find the new one (they were both the exact same server). It's like it didn't like the database or something and it seems like i"m having to start all over. Which is understandably frustrating.

What am I doing wrong?

Now when I tried doing it again it's telling me this:  Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

IMAGE ID [latest]: Pulling from linuxserver/plex.

IMAGE ID [6ffe5d2d6a97]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [f4e00f994fd4]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [e99f3d1fc87b]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a3ed95caeb02]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [ededd75b6753]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [1ddde157dd31]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [9fdc4b327358]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [a836128d06ab]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [7583a35fe4e8]: Already exists.

IMAGE ID [35a9be49a16b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 101 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [4ca4a54c3626]: Pulling fs layer. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [e82895cc44fc]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 372 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [a5fa151f7e54]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

IMAGE ID [6421f509ab85]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 464 B. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 101 MB

Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration

You sure you deleted the docker.img file and not just the Plex container.  The docker.img file that you specify in settings => docker where you specify a size for it.  The error is a bug and requires this to be deleted and recreated and all your containers to be downloaded again.  The manifest layer issue is a docker bug in Unraid not an issue with this container.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

You sure you deleted the docker.img file and not just the Plex container.  The docker.img file that you specify in settings => docker where you specify a size for it.  The error is a bug and requires this to be deleted and recreated and all your containers to be downloaded again.  The manifest layer issue is a docker bug in Unraid not an issue with this container.

I'm not sure I deleted the docker.img file. I probably didn't. I probably just deleted the plex container. When I go to delete that I click on "also remove image". I thought that deleted the docker.img file. But apparently not. Let me ask you something first. If I delete the entire docker.img file, will I have to set up couch potato, sonarr, sabnzbd, etc...all over again?

I'm not sure I deleted the docker.img file. I probably didn't. I probably just deleted the plex container. When I go to delete that I click on "also remove image". I thought that deleted the docker.img file. But apparently not. Let me ask you something first. If I delete the entire docker.img file, will I have to set up couch potato, sonarr, sabnzbd, etc...all over again?

Nope.  Just re-add them via CA's previous apps, and all the mappings, ports, etc will already be filled out the way you left them.  After the downloads it'll be like nothing changed

I think I spoke too soon. Everything in plex LOOKS like it's all there. Every movie and tv show. Everything. Even the ones that are watched and unwatched...or even partially watched. BUT: Everytime I go to play something it says:

Please check that the file exists and the necessary drive is mounted.

When I check each media file it shows the correct file path. But then, in red it states: UNAVAILABLE.

Plex.tv says this about it:

The file has been renamed: NOPE

The file has moved: NOPE

The drive on which the file is stored is not mounted (e.g. a USB drive is not plugged in): NOPE

The drive on which the file is stored is mounted with a different name. This can happen unintentionally sometimes if the drive is improperly removed and then plugged back in, which can cause it to mount with a new name.: NOPE

The computer account under which Plex Media Server is running does not have the correct filesystem permissions to access the content location or the content files.: MAYBE???? I DON'T KNOW.

Can I get some help?

BOOM! I did it. Thanks so much.

Here was the problem. Previously, before I went to 6.2 this is what it looked like:

Unraid 6.1.9 using Linuxserver/plex:latest

This is what it looked like before I just fixed it (with your help):

Unraid 6.2.0-rc3 using Linuxserver/plex:latest

Why didn't it add the "/mnt" line automatically? I had to add it manually and now it works.

Thanks again.

Strangely enough...that's not the case. Before I deleted the docker.img file. I first reinstalled Plex via CA previous apps. It didn't work. And what's more...it did not (for whatever bananas reason) add the /mnt part. It just wasn't there. I thought it was odd.

At the time, I thought: Well, Limetech said the docker would be 'easier'. So maybe /mnt is just the assumed way it automatically goes and therefore it isn't visually present. But it bugged me that there was no "container volume: /mnt  host path: /mnt/  with read/write access" even while "container volume: /config  host path: /mnt/user/appdata/plex/  with read/write access" was present.

Why it wasn't actually there is a mystery to me. Either way, I was directed to delete the docker.img file. And now, because of your and others help...I'm back up and running.

Plex was not running today - all I get in the docker log is this bit over and over and over

Starting Plex Media Server.
6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support

d

d

d

Any Ideas on what to look for?

Myk

FYI, (if it matters) Mines doing the same thing.

Started as plex freezing ever day late last week, and now I have the error above.

latest version (force updated to be sure) running with plex pass.

I'm going to reinstall it, but there may be a bug out there somewhere.

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
-------------------------------------
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

Target version: 1.1.0.2611-ba905d2 set by: latest\plexpass
Upgrading from version: 1.0.3.2461-35f0caa to version: 1.1.0.2611-ba905d2
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
The following packages will be REMOVED:
plexmediaserver*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
After this operation, 216 MB disk space will be freed.
(Reading database ... 16932 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing plexmediaserver (1.0.3.2461-35f0caa) ...
Purging configuration files for plexmediaserver (1.0.3.2461-35f0caa) ...
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1.1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.9) ...
Selecting previously unselected package plexmediaserver.
(Reading database ... 14159 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../plexmediaserver_1.1.0.2611-ba905d2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking plexmediaserver (1.1.0.2611-ba905d2) ...
Setting up plexmediaserver (1.1.0.2611-ba905d2) ...
OK
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-16) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1.1) ...
‘/defaults/plexmediaserver’ -> ‘/etc/default/plexmediaserver’
Starting dbus-daemon
Starting Avahi daemon
unlimited
Aug 23 18:28:13 MODbox syslog-ng[126]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Starting Avahi daemon
unlimited
unlimited
unlimited
unlimited

so.....

reinstalled plex yesterday (delete image + container, deleted appdata/plex and all it's contents, install from scratch).

worked fine for about 1/2 a day, then froze. restart the docker, worked for a few hours. came back again tonight and it's frozen a 2nd time, restarting give the error above.

no problems seen with unraid or the other dockers, everything seems to be fine.

so.....

reinstalled plex yesterday (delete image + container, deleted appdata/plex and all it's contents, install from scratch).

worked fine for about 1/2 a day, then froze. restart the docker, worked for a few hours. came back again tonight and it's frozen a 2nd time, restarting give the error above.

no problems seen with unraid or the other dockers, everything seems to be fine.

that sounds like you are running out of memory / storage space. Are you sure you are not pointing any parts of the docker at either a very small drive. image, or in memory /tmp folder?