[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

I notice the ubnt downloads page also hasn’t been updated.

This is really just a guess on my part, but typically LSIO dockers pull the latest stable version of the associated app from the app’s site, so as soon as UBNT updates their site the latest stable will be pulled by the docker. Perhaps someone from LSIO can confirm this?

We need to set the specific version for unifi. Don't remember why we changed it, but it might have to do with ubnt changing repos every second hour.

@jedimstr

I'm sorry we don't sit in front of the screen on the community page hit refresh every hour of the day.

Looks like 5.7.20 went stable on Thursday.  Although I can understand why some are in a rush to get it ASAP due to new features (some a very long time coming), LSIO has usually never been more than a week behind with a new docker release.  I usually do not even know there is a new Unifi release and its associated firmware upgrades until it shows up in the docker.

1 hour ago, saarg said:

I'm sorry we don't sit in front of the screen on the community page hit refresh every hour of the day.

Now you've done it! Now, I'll be sitting in the UBNT forums all day hitting refresh! Thanks a lot :D

while unifi make great hardware their software sometimes falls short of the mark

as @saarg alluded to we switched from using the repo as it was constantly changing

the other thing with them is there seems to be a significant difference between a "stable release" and what is on their download page

on at least 3 occasions they have pulled a stable release because it had issues

True :D

I was just a bit interested when i saw you released a update and i thought it was 5.7.x :)

Thank you for making a docker for unifi :) i have 1 AP and one 24 switch so it saves me from buying a CloudKey or running a VM with linux just for that so i really appreciate it :)

1 hour ago, yippy3000 said:

Looks like 5.7.20 is now on the downloads page.

Will the docker be getting the 5.7.x track soon or are you staying with the LTS stream only which could mean being stuck on 5.6 for a while (I am waiting for some features in 5.7)?

i am waiting for my wifi to come back after updating to unstable (5.7)

2 hours and counting lol

YMMV but i think unstable was the right label after all

19 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

great hardware but woeful software releases

"We've been working very hard to get this out, and we feel that 5.7.20 is ready to be called stable. "

rofl

on a more serious note, it seems there no other 5.7x test/rc/etc releases out so it doesn't seem there's any knee-jerk hot patches on the way.

Edited by Dephcon
11 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

i am waiting for my wifi to come back after updating to unstable (5.7)

2 hours and counting lol

YMMV but i think unstable was the right label after all

Looks like you are not alone:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/issues-with-5-7-20/td-p/2280208

I'm not sure updating the docker is wise right now.  I'd rather have a controller/firmware that works with fewer features than one with flaky wireless and more (buggy?) features.

5.7.20 appears to work without issue for some, but, with my luck, I'd be in the "it hosed my wireless network" camp.

Edited by Hoopster
6 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Looks like you are not alone:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/issues-with-5-7-20/td-p/2280208

I'm not sure updating the docker is wise right now.  I'd rather have a controller/firmware that works with fewer features than one with flaky wireless and more (buggy?) features.

5.7.20 appears to work without issue for some, but, with my luck, I'd be in the "it hosed my wireless network" camp.

i restored appdata backup from before updating to 5.7.20 and after many tries eventually got my wifi back up and running and the controller connecting to the AP

once again glad labelled it unstable lol

Hmm, maybe we should wait for the next 5.7.x release lol.  Thank for pre-testing .20 though, it must be really annoying dealing with an outage.

I'm just pumped because 5.7 has my super old feature request for shh keys.  Won't need any json magic after that :D

Edited by Dephcon
1 hour ago, dnoyeb said:

so since upgrading to unraid 6.5, I cannot get into the unifi controller and show syslog errors from devices trying to reach it.  anyone else upgrade yet?

No problem here.  Upgraded to 6.5.0 when it was released a few days ago and the UniFi docker runs without issue.  The controller reports no problems with device access.

SSH'ed into the docker and looking at the logs; this is in there:

[2018-03-16 19:59:35,936] <launcher> INFO  system - ======================================================================
[2018-03-16 19:59:35,938] <launcher> INFO  system - UniFi 5.6.30 (build atag_5.6.30_10266 - release) is started
[2018-03-16 19:59:35,938] <launcher> INFO  system - ======================================================================
[2018-03-16 19:59:35,942] <launcher> INFO  system - BASE dir:/usr/lib/unifi
[2018-03-16 19:59:35,948] <launcher> INFO  system - Current System IP: 172.17.0.2
[2018-03-16 19:59:35,948] <launcher> INFO  system - Hostname: d5ae709c75d9
[2018-03-16 19:59:37,367] <launcher> INFO  db     - waiting for db connection...
[2018-03-16 19:59:37,868] <launcher> INFO  db     - Connecting to mongodb://127.0.0.1:27117
[2018-03-16 19:59:38,660] <db-server> ERROR system - [exec] error, rc=134
[2018-03-16 19:59:38,661] <db-server> INFO  db     - DbServer stopped

• trurl locked this topic