[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

"Execution Error"

"No such container"

Came home tonight and looked at the docker tab to see what dockers needed updating, and my unifi docker was stopped.  Above is the error message I get when I try to start the docker.  I have followed the woeful update breaking wifi stuff for a few days and have purposely not updated the unifi docker in a little while.  

Last time I checked, all four of my dockers were running, and that was three or four days ago.  The only thing that has occured on the server since then, until now, is a parity check that reported no errors.  No other config changes of any kind.  

What does "no such container" mean?

15 minutes ago, tucansam said:

"Execution Error"

"No such container"

Came home tonight and looked at the docker tab to see what dockers needed updating, and my unifi docker was stopped.  Above is the error message I get when I try to start the docker.  I have followed the woeful update breaking wifi stuff for a few days and have purposely not updated the unifi docker in a little while.  

Last time I checked, all four of my dockers were running, and that was three or four days ago.  The only thing that has occured on the server since then, until now, is a parity check that reported no errors.  No other config changes of any kind.  

What does "no such container" mean?

Execution error means that something in the run command is wrong and prevents the container from starting. Since you also get no such container, that means it can't find the container, that is the issue. 

But this is not an issue with the container, but unraid. Might be a corrupted docker.img or you managed to remove the container on the command line? 

Not sure why but I had an issue where the docker would start but didn't work, SSHing in showed that it was having database issues...  removing the appdata/unifi folder didn't fix, had to blow away the entire docker.img and start with a new appdata/unifi folder before I could get it working.  Did an import from one of the last automated backups that was in the appdata/unifi foler.

I don't know if this is how to fix it, but I am trying things.

Renamed docker.img to docker.img.old, re-added my images.  All added fine, except unifi.  When I clicked "add container" it brought up the config screen, and when I clicked "apply" at the bottom, the web page went to a blank white page, and stayed there.

1 minute ago, SavellM said:

That kinda sucks, any way you could make an image with a config that people can pull new images from unifi?

Or we have to wait for you guys everytime? 

we have no plans to do that and given the mess that is the supposedly stable 5.7 it's just as well we don't mess with 5.8 which i should remind you is unreleased 

I know. I have 5.7.20 running on a cloudkey already.

I want to move everything to my unraid server removing the cloudkey, but i cant go back versions.

I've also tested 5.8 on some test hardware and its been ok for me and my needs.

But I'd like to at least get unraid version to 5.7.20. I'll happily take the risks of doing manual upgrades

What about a parameter for stable docker (upgrades when you guys think its ready), stable unifi (when they release a new version) beta unifi (unifi beta version).

That way user can decide, for me I'd run unifi stable.

bonienl and you would run stable docker.

That way everyone is happy :D

Also any chance you could add Unifi Video while im at it :D

PS I really appreciate all your dockers.

11 minutes ago, SavellM said:

What about a parameter for stable docker (upgrades when you guys think its ready), stable unifi (when they release a new version) beta unifi (unifi beta version).

That way user can decide, for me I'd run unifi stable.

bonienl and you would run stable docker.

That way everyone is happy :D

Also any chance you could add Unifi Video while im at it :D

PS I really appreciate all your dockers.

we have two branches already 

5.6 which is the default or :latest and :unstable which is 5.7x 

marked it unstable because it is despite what ubiquiti might call it

22 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

we have two branches already 

5.6 which is the default or :latest and :unstable which is 5.7x 

marked it unstable because it is despite what ubiquiti might call it

How do I get this unstable branch?

I only see the current docker, and its pulling 5.6.30

44 minutes ago, SavellM said:

How do I get this unstable branch?

I only see the current docker, and its pulling 5.6.30

Edit the container and add :unstable to the repository 

linuxserver/unifi:unstable

Just remember it's unsupported and that includes problems downgrading again, as I had some real issues doing so and we're not going to walk someone through that.

Really curious... what ARE the issues people are seeing with 5.7.20?  I may be blind but I'm not seeing people having problems with 5.7.20 outside of this container thread (any issues I've seen on reddit are all user specific issues).  Ubiquiti isn't pulling this release like they've pulled others in the past.  So what's happening?

In fact, the biggest issue I see being reported are complaints that support for some of the first gen UAP units (like the square ones from 2013; includes:UAP-AC, UAP-ACv2, and UAP-AC-Outdoor) are being dropped.  Some gen1 units are still supported like the UAP, UAP-LR, UAP-OD. For those of us without any 5 year old units, are there any big issues (moreso than regular releases that have warranted an updated container)?

Definitely don't want my controller to update to a truly unstable release, but at the same time I hate not being able to take advantage of the new stuff like the beta ipv6 support.

Edited by jedimstr
2 hours ago, jedimstr said:

Really curious... what ARE the issues people are seeing with 5.7.20?  I may be blind but I'm not seeing people having problems with 5.7.20 outside of this container thread (any issues I've seen on reddit are all user specific issues).  Ubiquiti isn't pulling this release like they've pulled others in the past.  So what's happening?

In fact, the biggest issue I see being reported are complaints that support for some of the first gen UAP units (like the square ones from 2013; includes:UAP-AC, UAP-ACv2, and UAP-AC-Outdoor) are being dropped.  Some gen1 units are still supported like the UAP, UAP-LR, UAP-OD. For those of us without any 5 year old units, are there any big issues (moreso than regular releases that have warranted an updated container)?

Definitely don't want my controller to update to a truly unstable release, but at the same time I hate not being able to take advantage of the new stuff like the beta ipv6 support.

One of my APs was caught in an adopting/disconnected loop.....

Fixed it by downgrading the Unifi software and resetting the unit and starting again from scratch.  Prior to this I tried a factory reset of the AP and adding it to v5.7 software but with the same adopting/disconnecting loop.

2 hours ago, jedimstr said:

Just bear in mind, once you hit apply after adding :unstable to the repository, you're on your own from there.  We're not supporting it, and downgrading created some hassles for me requiring a fair bit of SSH and hardware resetting, and no way are we going to be walking anyone through that process.

5 hours ago, CHBMB said:

One of my APs was caught in an adopting/disconnected loop.....

Fixed it by downgrading the Unifi software and resetting the unit and starting again from scratch.  Prior to this I tried a factory reset of the AP and adding it to v5.7 software but with the same adopting/disconnecting loop.

I've had this with all my AP's, two Switches and USGPro on the current 5.6.30 release, and the previous release update.  I didn't fix it by downgrading though.  I SSH'd to the individual devices and had to force the set-inform to my controller's specific URL (ssh to the device and type "help" for instructions on how to do manually set-inform).  This is actually a common problem with containerized versions of the controller software if you have it bridged because the internal IP of the controller is different than what the devices will see.  

The longterm fix to this was provided by Ubiquiti in 5.6.30 under the Controller settings, but for some stupid reason isn't enabled by default.

Check the checkbox in this screengrab in your controller settings and set the domain name or external host IP for your unraid server if you don't have one dedicated to the docker container.  This is most definitely not a 5.7.20 issue, you just happened to encounter it with the 5.7.20 release.

nrC9jV1.png

Edited by jedimstr
Just now, jedimstr said:

I've had this with all my AP's, two Switches and USGPro on the current 5.6.30 release, and the previous release update.  I didn't fix it by downgrading though.  I SSH'd to the individual devices and had to force the set-inform to my controller's specific URL.  This is actually a common problem with containerized versions of the controller software if you have it bridged because the internal IP of the controller is different than what the devices will see.  

The longterm fix to this was provided by Ubiquiti in 5.6.30 under the Controller settings, but for some stupid reason isn't enabled by default.

Check the checkbox in this screengrab in your controller settings and set the domain name or external host IP for your unraid server if you don't have one dedicated to the docker container.  This is most definitely not a 5.7.20 issue, you just happened to encounter it with the 5.7.20 release.

nrC9jV1.png

I am familiar with the software and did indeed try several things to fix it before downgrading.  including set-inform, changing firmware and unifi software versions, hardware resets, more set-inform and further hardware resets.  Only thing that fixed it after 3 days of messing around was a downgrade.  I'm pretty damn certain that after my APs have been working flawlessly for a couple of years, and the only thing that changed was 5.7.20 that even resetting the AP and trying from fresh couldn't fix, that 5.7.20 was the cause.

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I am familiar with the software and did indeed try several things to fix it before downgrading.  including set-inform, changing firmware and unifi software versions, hardware resets, more set-inform and further hardware resets.  Only thing that fixed it after 3 days of messing around was a downgrade.  I'm pretty damn certain that after my APs have been working flawlessly for a couple of years, and the only thing that changed was 5.7.20 that even resetting the AP and trying from fresh couldn't fix, that 5.7.20 was the cause.

Well ok then... but did you even look at the setting I pointed out.  Because that's there specifically for the issue you mentioned.  Resetting won't do squat for this.  You have to let the devices know about the host's IP for containerized controllers or you'll just keep sending the internal IP... which causes the Adopt/Disconnect loop.  Just plain set-inform won't do it either because that gets overridden by the controller if the setting isn't active to have a manually set IP go across.  Short of setting this checkbox and the manual IP in the controller settings, everything you mentioned won't do squat as you've found.  

Edited by jedimstr
  • trurl locked this topic