unRAID Server Release 6.1.5 Available

limetech

Download

Clicking 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page is the preferred way to upgrade.

Another maintenance release.  Highlights:

- 'Blank' screen when adding or updating docker containers should now be fixed [thanks Eric!]

- btrfs cache pool writes should be significantly faster now [thanks Eric!]

- Some nifty features added to webGui [thanks bonienl!]

Changes:

Version 6.1.5 2015-11-30
------------------------
- emhttp: fix action of 'Parity is already valid' to not initiate correcting parity check following 'New Config'
- pcre: 8.38 (SSA:2015-328-01)
- udev rule: set deadline scheduler for non-rotating disks
- webGui:  Remove external resources from progress pages; eliminates Docker add/update apparent "hangs"
- webGui: integrate bergware changes:
  - Replace Windows Vista logo with Windows 7 logo
  - Disable ComputeAll button when no shares are available
  - Make "empty share message" the same for both disk and user shares
  - Add parity-check history functionality
  - Add disk log functionality
  - Enhanced SMART global and per disk settings

• Upvote 1

- 'Blank' screen when adding or updating docker containers should now be fixed [thanks Eric!]

I just upgraded and can confirm that this is now fixed. At least for myself. The one docker that I was having issues with was EmbyServer, where the update screen was blank until after the update. Now it is working. My other two Plex and PlexPy would always display while they were getting updated.

Thank you Eric!  :)

Never saw a reply to my question in 6.1.4, so if it was fixed there, I apologize for asking again ... but did either 6.1.4 or this update fix the "Trust Parity" option so a parity check isn't started when you start the array?

There have been 3 instances I'm aware of (and likely others I'm not) where this has resulted in significant data loss.

Never saw a reply to my question in 6.1.4, so if it was fixed there, I apologize for asking again ... but did either 6.1.4 or this update fix the "Trust Parity" option so a parity check isn't started when you start the array?

There have been 3 instances I'm aware of (and likely others I'm not) where this has resulted in significant data loss.

- emhttp: fix action of 'Parity is already valid' to not initiate correcting parity check following 'New Config'

Excellent !!    Not sure how I missed the first line of the change log [i'll blame it on a late night "very senior" moment  :) ]

I found the updated Global SMART Settings section, but unchecking the 188 Command time-out box and then clicking Apply doesn't result in actually saving the new setting.  When the page reloads the box is checked again.  The per disk setting has the same behavior.

same thing here.  settings are not getting saved in the Settings -> Disk Settings - Global SMART Settings section & individual disk - SMART Settings

I found the updated Global SMART Settings section, but unchecking the 188 Command time-out box and then clicking Apply doesn't result in actually saving the new setting.  When the page reloads the box is checked again.  The per disk setting has the same behavior.

same thing here.  settings are not getting saved in the Settings -> Disk Settings - Global SMART Settings section & individual disk - SMART Settings

Yeah this is a bug, the Settings page has an incorrect reference to the file which saves the SMART settings (this is true for both global and per disk settings). Will submit a correction.

As a temporary workaround you can rename these files, after you have made setting updates in the GUI:

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/smartALL.cfg to /boot/config/smart-all.cfg (these are the global settings)

/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/smartONE.cfg to /boot/config/smart-one.cfg (these are the per disk settings)

I tried switching the per disk setting to turn off the command timeout, but even after copying the file, the UI still shows it checked, and it still shows up in the dashboard.  Should the expected behavior from copying that file turn off the icon in the dash board and switch the UI for the setting?

I tried switching the per disk setting to turn off the command timeout, but even after copying the file, the UI still shows it checked, and it still shows up in the dashboard.  Should the expected behavior from copying that file turn off the icon in the dash board and switch the UI for the setting?

Yet another bug, the per disk settings file has a missing entry for the attributes and it requires editing of the file 'smart-one.cfg' itself. For example, these are the settings of the parity disk:

[parity]
[color=red]smEvents="5|187|188|197|198"[/color]
smGlue=""
smSelect="-1"
smLevel="-1"
smType="-1"
smCustom=""

The line in red needs to be added.

Yet another bug, the per disk settings file has a missing entry for the attributes and it requires editing of the file 'smart-one.cfg' itself. For example, these are the settings of the parity disk:

It appears that both problems are in the GUI.  Why not release a update to just the webGUI?  (I think that requiring lots of people to edit a system file that can be so easily 'corrupted' with the user interface is simply unreasonable!  And most of these folks will not even realize what has happened.)

It appears that both problems are in the GUI.  Why not release a update to just the webGUI?  (I think that requiring lots of people to edit a system file that can be so easily 'corrupted' with the user interface is simply unreasonable!  And most of these folks will not even realize what has happened.)

It definitely is a GUI only thing. The corrections for these are put on github, but need help of LT to make them available as GUI only update.

Not sure if this is a bug as I have never done it before, but I just upgraded and added a new disk along with a new four port SATA controller. I am currently pre clearing the new disk,  however UnRaid indicates the array is started, yet the Docker tab is missing and if I go to shares it says the array has to be started?

Thanks

AM

Just completed the monthly parity check and there is no history.  Is there some setting I need to make to get the history to work?

EDIT: parity-checks.log:

Dec 01 09:20:24|0|0|0
Dec 01 14:35:52|0|0|0

The first parity check I stopped before it was completed.  The second completed.