Dynamix File Integrity plugin

bonienl

On 6/6/2024 at 8:01 PM, tazman said:

My exclusions do not work. I have set:

Excluded folders: .Trash-99  .incoming  Data_Shadow  Documents_Shadow  Public  Stickware  .Recycle.Bin  .cache

Excluded files: *.nfo , metadata.db

But still get:

BLAKE3 hash key mismatch (updated), /mnt/disk7/Books/Calibre/.cache/calibre/server-log.txt was modified
BLAKE3 hash key mismatch (updated), /mnt/disk7/Books/Calibre/metadata.db was modified

Any idea how to fix that? Thanks!

4 hours ago, Falloutman said:

I am also seeing the same issue with the excluded folders. Is this plugin still being maintained?  There isn't much going on in their GitHub repository. 

Out of curiosity have to pressed the "CLEAR" button after applying your excluded details?Screenshot2024-06-11072933.thumb.jpg.2587a1fa8a63c5e823ee0513b9983b0e.jpg

Heres a question I cant seem to find a workaround for:

Is it possible to extend the integrity check period beyond monthly? I've recently decided to pull a bunch of old drives that were just sitting around and use them in a new media backup server (low priority and just making better use of excess hardware), however as this data is not important but still of value to check that its good, I'd like to only carry out integrity checks every 6 months/ yearly for example so that my primary server isn't choked up for days every month reading the disks. I know I can stagger the checks with tasks, but processor load isnt the issue.

It would seem a lot more logical to consider the integrity check system on a per share basis rather than disks, then we could have different schedules that suit the importance of the data, however I'm sure i'm really not thinking everything through and its all been done this way for a reason :)

Any ideas relating to my initial query, or have I missed something very obvious?

I presume the answer will just be to perform manual checks? However that then removes automated checks for data I do want to check regularly....though to be fair in my particular case anything of actual importance is on a seperate ZFS mirror pool...i feel the use-case remains though.

Edited by dirtrally

Hi. I am bit confused on how to use this plug in. Below is how I have set things up.

1. Is the plugin supposed to build hashes for existing files based on the config? It seems to only care about new files

2. When I check "bad" hashes, it's always some nfo file which doesn't make sense. Any reason for this?

image.thumb.png.3baf1afd7e295d5c31e7519af189bb19.png

17 hours ago, andyd said:

1. Is the plugin supposed to build hashes for existing files based on the config? It seems to only care about new files

The plugin only automatically creates hashes for new files. For initial setup you need to manually trigger hashing for existing files. To do this you need to go the the control page under the unRAID "Tools" page and use the "Build" button. Dont forget you can enable the help text in the webui to get more information.

p.s. read back in this thread a ways for info about nfo files. 

Edited by primeval_god

Complaint/criticism/feedback/suggestion:

image.thumb.png.11cab33fd641b7cb6f603f3e1519b9ea.png

THIS is FAR too difficult to find. My notifications were being spammed with error messages of corruption and all other shit, I have ZERO idea what to do, after HOURS I fucking find this so I can actually SEE what wrong. What a horribly designed UI I hate the entire unraid web ui.

3 hours ago, sunwind said:

Complaint/criticism/feedback/suggestion:

image.thumb.png.11cab33fd641b7cb6f603f3e1519b9ea.png

THIS is FAR too difficult to find. My notifications were being spammed with error messages of corruption and all other shit, I have ZERO idea what to do, after HOURS I fucking find this so I can actually SEE what wrong. What a horribly designed UI I hate the entire unraid web ui.

They are also logged to /var/log/syslog...

On 6/18/2024 at 9:00 AM, primeval_god said:

The plugin only automatically creates hashes for new files. For initial setup you need to manually trigger hashing for existing files. To do this you need to go the the control page under the unRAID "Tools" page and use the "Build" button. Dont forget you can enable the help text in the webui to get more information.

p.s. read back in this thread a ways for info about nfo files. 

Got it. Thanks!

I keep trying to run export on disk 4 and the result is always the same. 0 exported. I tried searching the thread but the only mention I saw was related to requiring a plugin upgrade. Any reason why this might be happening?

UPDATE: looks every file has this error...

Jun 21 09:17:25 HomeServer bunker: error: no export of file: /mnt/disk4/movies/Underworld - Awakening (2012)/Underworld - Awakening (2012).mkv

UPDATE #2: even though the build has a check mark, looks like I had to redo the build for the export to work correctly. All good now 

image.png.349e510cfb42ff1dc24f5c17a642c263.png

Edited by andyd