[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

54 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I sincerely apologize if im posting in the wrong place im fairly new to unraid i am having a problem with binhex deluge vpn the issue is that sometimes ill lose connection and when it comes back for whatever reason i am unable to resume my torrents they are stuck paused and will not resume and these a partially completed this has happened to me 4 times and the only fix i have been able to use is to delete all traces of deluge and set it up all over again i dont have the option for add torrents paused enabled i am using unraid 6.5.0 and have setup the application using space invaders tutorial down to the letter my other containers i use with this radarr and sonarr are all bnhex any help with this would be extremely appreciated

If you have your endpoint set to Netherlands you’ll need to change it per instructions in post 2 of this thread. If not you’ll need to attach your supervisord.log file.

Edited by wgstarks
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Sinister said:

i definitely dont have it using that endpoint i have it using the toronto endpoint attached you will find my logfile though im not sure it will show anything as i have recently reinstalled it like i mentioned

supervisord.log

The log shows that you don’t have an openvpn directory installed in appdata with the required ovpn, crt and pem files. Follow the instructions in post 2 to download the folder and just delete all the ovpn files except for Toronto.

This is assuming you’re using PIA.

Edited by wgstarks

@wgstarks didn't read the whole log, he was just seeing the top part. :P It all looks good from here :)

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I sincerely apologize if im posting in the wrong place im fairly new to unraid i am having a problem with binhex deluge vpn the issue is that sometimes ill lose connection and when it comes back for whatever reason i am unable to resume my torrents they are stuck paused and will not resume and these a partially completed this has happened to me 4 times and the only fix i have been able to use is to delete all traces of deluge and set it up all over again i dont have the option for add torrents paused enabled i am using unraid 6.5.0 and have setup the application using space invaders tutorial down to the letter my other containers i use with this radarr and sonarr are all bnhex any help with this would be extremely appreciated

Sometimes there can be weird issues happening with a container which there is no obvious solution for, your issue seems to be one of those. The one thing that can help (I'm not saying this is always the case) is to delete not only you docker container, but the whole docker image. This is the image which stores all your docker containers. I've seen many cases where weird issues are solved by doing this. By doing this all your containers will be deleted. Fortunately, in unraid it's very easy to get all your containers back exactly as they were without even have to fill out the container template again. As long as you don't delete the appdata everything will be exactly as it was before you nuked the docker image.  Here's what you do:

1. On your unriad webui go to settings->docker, set "Enable docker" to "NO", click the button on the top right to switch from basic view to advanced view. Now there will be an option to delete the docker image, and you'll want to do that.

2. To recreate the docker image simply set "Enable docker" to "YES"

3. Now go to the apps tab and hover over the "hamburger menu" to the left and click on "previous apps", here you'll find all of your previous apps and you simply install all of them by selecting them and click install selected applications.

4. Now you have all your apps back as they were with no settings/data lost

I have done this myself with a weird issue with deluge where the label plugin got disabled all the time and after I did this it never happened again.

Edited by strike

Quote from the log you posted-

2018-04-08 13:05:25.923622 [crit] No OpenVPN config file located in /config/openvpn/ (ovpn extension), please download from your VPN provider and then restart this container, exiting...

The docker isn’t seeing the openvpn directory. I would suggest deleting and installing a new one. The instructions for downloading the openvpn folder from PIA are in post number 2. That is the second post in this thread.

2 hours ago, dadarara said:

all the plugins get disabled after restart.

reinstalling the docker doesn't help

otherwise its working ok thank you very much

I have seen some people with the same issue, cant find a solution in the forum.

I've had to do a "chmod 666" on my deluge config file once before.  Deluge did not have permissions to save it's config file...

On 3/22/2018 at 7:56 AM, Chamzamzoo said:

After the update last night I no longer have the proxy issue :) Thanks Binhex and Strike for helping.

Proxy doesn't appear to be working again, any ideas?
Downloads have the VPN IP but proxy just goes straight through to my ISPs IP.

supervisord.log

Edited by Chamzamzoo
attached supervisord.log
13 hours ago, Chamzamzoo said:

Proxy doesn't appear to be working again, any ideas?
Downloads have the VPN IP but proxy just goes straight through to my ISPs IP.

supervisord.log

nothing wrong in that log, you must not be pointing your browser at the proxy in that case, privoxy is a solid bit of code i am confident your issue is misconfiguration somewhere. so to confirm are you attempting to use a browser to confirm privoxy is working?, if so what browser?, also can you post screenshots showing the configuration of the proxy for your browser.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

nothing wrong in that log, you must not be pointing your browser at the proxy in that case, privoxy is a solid bit of code i am confident your issue is misconfiguration somewhere. so to confirm are you attempting to use a browser to confirm privoxy is working?, if so what browser?, also can you post screenshots showing the configuration of the proxy for your browser.

Edit *** it's just started working again ***

After your reply I can see that your Deluge docker is working properly, but my system settings are not being respected by the browsers, despite being told to use system proxies in settings (chrome and FF). When I put the proxy into Firefox directly, it works, but when set to system settings (and proxy applied to the wifi device) it doesn't work. It has worked like this before. Weird! 

My dockers use it also (sonar etc), and for a time they were not getting any data through for searches (how I noticed the problem). They are now (not sure if I can check over what IP though).

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.18.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 11.31.56.png

Edited by Chamzamzoo

Is there anyway to confirm that the VPN is working?

I set it up with my PIA account over Switzerland.
But for some reason your docker is able to download at 6.5mb/s.

Before i migrated to unRaid, i had a vm on my ESXi for torrent, and it had PIA setup aswell also through Switzerland.
But i had never been able to get it pass 1.2mb/s.

So in my eyes i have hard time believe that the connection is secured by VPN at the moment.

Can you give me a relief in some way?

On ESXi are you sure you had an incoming port configured? If not, that could be why the speed was so low.

From the FAQ:

On 1/21/2016 at 6:57 PM, binhex said:

Q2. How can i verify that the Torrent client is using the VPN tunnel?

A2. You can verify this by loading a custom torrent that returns the IP address that is used to connect to the tracker, instructions on how to do this shown below:-

1. Go to website http://torguard.net/checkmytorrentipaddress.php

2. Click on the "Check my torrent IP" button to download the torrent

3. Open Deluge webui and add the torrent

4. Highlight the added torrent and go to the "Status" tab at the bottom left of the screen

5. The "Tracker Status" should return something like this:-

"checkmytorrentip.net: Error: Success, Your torrent client IP is: 10.156.1.1"

6. If the tunnel is correctly established then IP address should be different to the IP address from your ISP.

7 minutes ago, strike said:

On ESXi are you sure you had an incoming port configured? If not, that could be why the speed was so low.

From the FAQ:

Yes i had the PIA application installed and the port forwarding request checked.

But i followed the steps, and it returns. "34.204.227.31: Error: IP: 185.230.125.44"
Which is very different from my ISP provided IP.
Well seems that it works then, and that the speed is an extra plus for moving to unRaid.

Thank you for the reply.

14 hours ago, Googus said:

Well seems that it works then, and that the speed is an extra plus for moving to unRaid.

good isnt it :-), to be clear this has been designed in such a way that there is no gray area, you are either connected to the vpn tunnel or not, if you set vpn_enabled to yes and you can see the deluge ui then you are connected to the tunnel, protection is in place to prevent the situation where you can access the ui and you aren't connected to the vpn tunnel (assuming vpn_enabled = yes).

if the tunnel goes down then you are still protected via iptables, so no leakage of ip is possible, and yes it will auto reconnect.

Hello, I have a hopefully easy question. 

I'm currently using this container with PIA and connecting to a particular server in Canada. Everything works well. I also use the privoxy aspect to proxy my web traffic through it, and this also works. 

Is there a way to have my deluge going through a certain server and my privoxy using a different server? Thank you.

6 hours ago, Chad Kunsman said:

Hello, I have a hopefully easy question. 

I'm currently using this container with PIA and connecting to a particular server in Canada. Everything works well. I also use the privoxy aspect to proxy my web traffic through it, and this also works. 

Is there a way to have my deluge going through a certain server and my privoxy using a different server? Thank you.

Not using only one container. But, because of the way docker works, you could spin up a second delugevpn container, name it differently, change the host ports to something unique, point it to a different endpoint, and use that privoxy port. Dockers share resources, so it would take practically no resources to operate. You could ignore the second instance of deluge if you wanted, or use it to split your torrent load to the different endpoints also.

7 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Not using only one container. But, because of the way docker works, you could spin up a second delugevpn container, name it differently, change the host ports to something unique, point it to a different endpoint, and use that privoxy port. Dockers share resources, so it would take practically no resources to operate. You could ignore the second instance of deluge if you wanted, or use it to split your torrent load to the different endpoints also.

Intriguing: Is it possible to make Sonarr split it's requests to multiple DelugeVPN containers?

Apologies if this has been asked an answered here, I skipped right to the end today.

3 hours ago, Drider said:

Intriguing: Is it possible to make Sonarr split it's requests to multiple DelugeVPN containers?

No, but you could do the same thing with Sonarr and set it up twice, make the second instance responsible for a different set of things to watch for.

Keeping track of it all may get fun though.