binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6174 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 hour ago, Kuwabara89 said:

As i seem to be able to get results from the search tab

so manual searches works ok even with pointing at privoxy, but automated searches dont work, is that the deal?

1 hour ago, Tabraxis said:

I was wondering what's happen to my docker.

looking at that log it looks like openvpn is unable to connect to that endpoint, to be able to take this any further i need you to do the following procedure detauld in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

@brimnac same deal for you.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

so manual searches works ok even with pointing at privoxy, but automated searches dont work, is that the deal?

FIXED

I have just tested the connection to deluge in radarr settings (with and without proxy enabled) and i am getting this error, which is the cause.

Unknown exception: Error getting response stream (ReadAsync): ReceiveFailure Value cannot be null. Parameter name: src

Turns out my port in radarr for deluge had changed. Not entirely sure how, but all seems ok now. 

Many thanks for the help, time to start testing out sonarr

9 minutes ago, jjthacker said:

I am getting the same problem as Tabraxis.

same procedure please

1 hour ago, binhex said:

looking at that log it looks like openvpn is unable to connect to that endpoint, to be able to take this any further i need you to do the following procedure detauld in the link below:-

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44108-support-binhex-general/?do=findComment&comment=435831

@brimnac same deal for you.

Hello Binhex,

Ok, so super weird. I deleted the supervisord.log ( .log1 through .log5) that i had, waited then restarted as steps said to. I already had DEBUG on ( for whatever reason) then waited for the logs to fill up. After it did i quickly checked for piece of mind, and it works again?! Iv'e got something downloading now, seems to check out.

I guess your mere request alone snapped it into shape!

ps. would you still want the .log file in case it helps the anyone else?

Just now, Tabraxis said:

Hello Binhex,

Ok, so super weird. I deleted the supervisord.log ( .log1 through .log5) that i had, waited then restarted as steps said to. I already had DEBUG on ( for whatever reason) then waited for the logs to fill up. After it did i quickly checked for piece of mind, and it works again?! Iv'e got something downloading now, seems to check out.

I guess your mere request alone snapped it into shape!

ps. would you still want the .log file in case it helps the anyone else?

my guess is that the endpoint you were connecting to had a intermittent outage, it wasnt PIA endoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' by any chance was it?.

my guess is that the endpoint you were connecting to had a intermittent outage, it wasnt PIA endoint 'ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com' by any chance was it?.

Yes it is! Yikes, freaking me out :) 

Guess they had an issue and its fixed?

Just now, Tabraxis said:

Yes it is! Yikes, freaking me out :) 

Guess they had an issue and its fixed?

yeah funny that, had one the guys with "the same issue" pm me, guess what endpoint he connects to 🙂

yeah funny that, had one the guys with "the same issue" pm me, guess what endpoint he connects to 🙂

Glad it wasn't a difficult fix!

Many Thanks and keep up the great work 😎

4 minutes ago, ClunkClunk said:

I had some issues with PIA's spain endpoint. Moved it to vancouver, canada and it seems improved for now.

interesting! perhaps a bigger issue with PIA then, no doubt they will have it straight shortly.

56 minutes ago, Dasweb said:

Is there something I am missing in the docker setup?

I'm not able to view the web GUI.

Very likely. Does it work if you set VPN_ENABLED = no?

5 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Very likely. Does it work if you set VPN_ENABLED = no?

I've already done this, still no go.

Not sure if I've missed something.

3 hours ago, Dasweb said:

I've already done this, still no go.

Not sure if I've missed something.

I am also experiencing this since updating the container to "e5e3..5a77" - I see the below in the docker log

2018-12-18 20:14:30,977 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: argument "UI" is wrong: Failed to parse rule type

2018-12-18 20:14:30,979 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: either "to" is duplicate, or "UI" is a garbage.

The container is still running and things can connect to it just fine and things are still seeding, but the web UI times out.

2 minutes ago, rjorgenson said:

I am also experiencing this since updating the container to "e5e3..5a77" - I see the below in the docker log

2018-12-18 20:14:30,977 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: argument "UI" is wrong: Failed to parse rule type

2018-12-18 20:14:30,979 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
Error: either "to" is duplicate, or "UI" is a garbage.

The container is still running and things can connect to it just fine and things are still seeding, but the web UI times out.

This appears to be the issue - https://github.com/binhex/arch-delugevpn/commit/77caf3f2fd7bae55c9c19bd7999ee864f7f32d42#diff-181aca646a6bd54fbde2c6c0736e52d8 - I checked updates and it was already pushed out. Make sure your container is up to date, this update resolved the issue for me. 

13 hours ago, Steviewunda said:

Hi - I'm trying to work out the best security approach for unRaid downloads. I use Binhex SABDNZB, Sonarr and Radarr with Usenet providers via SSL. Do the SSL connections mean I don't need a VPN? If a VPN is still recommended, what is the preferred approach? It seems that I could install the Arch Linux PIA application on my unRaid server, enable port forwarding and connect to a port fwding endpoint. Or I could install one of the Binhex VPN enabled apps, configure it for PIA port forwarding and privoxy and point Sonarr and Radarr to port 8118. Any recommendations gratefully received ;-)

Anybody?

Hi. 

My DelugeVPN decided to stop working, presumably after updating to Unraid 6.6.6. The issue is that the WebUI won't load, possibly because it won't connect to my VPN provider (Newshosting). I can't seem to find any answers in the FAQ or answer to anyone elses issues, so I hope you can spare some time and take a look at my supervisord.log file (attached, username and password removed). 

Edit: Nevermind, I updated the docker to the latest version and its working again! :-) 

Edited by Mith
Works again!

Hello,

Loving the docker so far. Is it possible to connect to the docker via the GTK? If so, what username and password would I use?

Thanks!

First thanks for the awesome container(s) Binhex!

Quick question, is it possible that privoxy doesn't have a tunnel up, but still provide unsecured traffic to something outside its container? (firefox etc..)

I've seen similar (but not the same :)) question being asked about kill switch/firewall that doesn't allow IP leak for built in deluge (as part of the container).

My question is, is this still valid if other services or containers use only privoxy part of the container?

Meaning, I use my firefox (or any other client) and have proxy set up to use privoxy? If privoxy tunnel fails, would firefox be stopped? 

(I have tested without privoxy running, and obviously there is no internet as there is no proxy service, but I do not know how to make vpn tunnel fail and then have privoxy running without valid tunnel to test for leaks, if you know what I mean :))

Thanks again for the awesome work!

2 hours ago, dakipro said:

Quick question, is it possible that privoxy doesn't have a tunnel up, but still provide unsecured traffic to something outside its container? (firefox etc..)

in a word, no, privoxy relies on the the tunnel being up, if it isnt up then privoxy will simply not work.

i think what you are really asking is, does privoxy leak ip information if the tunnel goes down, the answer is no, i have implemented something better than a kill switch, in that it is ALWAYS blocking whether the tunnel is up, down, or otherwise.

kill switches only block AFTER the tunnel has gone down, thus potentially leaving a time gap between tunnel being down and then connection being blocked, during this tme window it is potentially possible for ip leakage to occur.

Edited by binhex

Just now, dakipro said:

Thank you!

I was 99% sure this is the case, just wanted to hear it confirmed from someone else (you :))

np, i have run packet inspection multiple times to ensure zero ip leakage with simulated tunnel failure and have yet to see any occurrence under any scenario.