[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, DigitalLF said:

Hi!

 

I just signed up for PIA and I wanted to do a port forward. All I seem to find on the subject is that in the windows client you can "request port forwarding" or this forum post: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/archive/forum/discussion/23431/new-pia-port-forwarding-api

 

So Binhex have you implemented this or is this a bad way of doing it? Security?

you dont need to worry about doing this ive coded it to setup port forwarding for you, all you need to do is connect to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see link below) and ensure STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to yes.

 

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, binhex said:

you dont need to worry about doing this ive coded it to setup port forwarding for you, all you need to do is connect to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see link below) and ensure STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to yes.

 

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

i thought that might be the case because i had to select the VPN provider in the docker. Thank you so much. i made the mistake in Deluge to select random ports and now it is working! :D

Link to comment

Hey!  Do you do the VPN part of this as a standalone utility?

 

Reason I ask is that I sometimes have to close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount to free up space.  Unfortunately, everything that uses the VPN proxy part gets grumpy.  If I could split the two, that'd be great.

Link to comment

What all uses the VPN?

Hey!  Do you do the VPN part of this as a standalone utility?
 
Reason I ask is that I sometimes have to close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount to free up space.  Unfortunately, everything that uses the VPN proxy part gets grumpy.  If I could split the two, that'd be great.


Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If you enable the privoxy part of the docker, you can use the vpn tunnel for your web browser and web browsers in other dockers.

I understand that, but what i was getting at is if using deluge,sonarr ETC you can set them each up with a VPN connection. Then if one goes down it doesnt rely on the other one.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I understand that, but what i was getting at is if using deluge,sonarr ETC you can set them each up with a VPN connection. Then if one goes down it doesnt rely on the other one.

This is true. But depends on if you need the other "allowed" connections. VPN providers typically allow 5 connections simultaneously. If you use privoxy and connect them all to that one VPN connection then you'll only be using one connection of your VPN provider freeing up the other 4.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

This is true. But depends on if you need the other "allowed" connections. VPN providers typically allow 5 connections simultaneously. If you use privoxy and connect them all to that one VPN connection then you'll only be using one connection of your VPN provider freeing up the other 4.

This.  Jackett, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Ru all route through.  I have a 5 connection limit on my PIA account, so have routed everything through this to make sure I don't hit the limit (as demonstrated in the excellent SpaceInvader video guides).

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Cessquill said:

close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount

i get what you are asking for and i understand your reasoning, but i dont really fully understand why its necessary to stop the container in order to move downloaded content?, this can be done whilst deluge is running, if you want to not seed any more then simply remove the torrent using the web ui (not data) then move the completed folders/files to your array using a vm/krusader/etc. if you do want to carry on seeding then do the same, but simply re-add the torrent again pointing at the new location where you copied the completed data to, that way the problem goes away :-).

Link to comment
38 minutes ago, binhex said:

...but i dont really fully understand why its necessary to stop the container in order to move downloaded content?, this can be done whilst deluge is running...

Ahh - this was to temporarily move downloading content.  Old archive content that would take weeks/months to finish.  Needed to free up space so other activity could happen, which meant shutting off the docker during that time.

 

I could have moved the entire download share, but, well, space.  And hindsight.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Ahh - this was to temporarily move downloading content.  Old archive content that would take weeks/months to finish.  Needed to free up space so other activity could happen, which meant shutting off the docker during that time.

 

I could have moved the entire download share, but, well, space.  And hindsight.

You could also probably just pause the torrent, move data, then point torrent at new location then do a "Force Recheck"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, scubieman said:

You could also probably just pause the torrent, move data, then point torrent at new location then do a "Force Recheck"

Could do, yes.  Although in this case the docker didn't have access to where I was temporarily storing the files (which I could have sorted by granting more access to the container).

 

Was just seeing whether I could split the two functions of this up.  Obviously no worries if not, since this must be a fringe case.  Thanks for your time

Link to comment

Wondering if it’s possible to move this docker to another nic on my unRAID server? I often have problems with port congestion if I try to stream a video while torrents are seeding and have to pause the torrents to eliminate buffering on streaming videos. I feel like running Deluge on a seperate nic would possibly eliminate this problem. Tried to do this a while back but could never get it to work. A lot of changes to unRAID since then though so thought it might be worth a try again if anyone has any ideas on how to configure?

Link to comment

Hi,

 

I've been using this image for some months successfully with AirVPN, but recently after some updates and my server being off for a month, the VPN connection repeatedly dies and restarts itself. I've traced the problem down to the openvpn process getting SIGINT every minute or so. The connection seems to lose DNS somewhere along the way, and the container cannot resolve external hosts. Is that what kills OpenVPN?

 

AirVPN does have their own DNS servers from within the VPN connection, but I am unsure how to use that, if you need DNS to resolve the VPN hostname in the first place...

 

 

Some (hopefully) relevant log bits:

2018-11-24 21:06:55,218 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Error: could not find any address for the name: `ns1.google.com'

2018-11-24 21:06:55,232 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Error: could not find any address for the name: `resolver1.opendns.com'

2018-11-24 21:06:55,296 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address, exhausted retries setting to tunnel IP '10.24.140.209'

 

I've been banging my head against a wall for quite a while with this. Any help would be appreciated!

Link to comment
[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-


2018-12-02 02:26:52,250 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver)
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)

I'm getting this error when trying to add Montreal to my openvpn setup. I think the problem is just the difference between 'ca-montreal.privateinternetacess' and 'ca-privateinternetacess.com' is it possible to fix this?

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, raoz0r said:

[warn] PIA endpoint 'ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-


2018-12-02 02:26:52,250 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] ca-vancouver.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Vancouver)
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)

I'm getting this error when trying to add Montreal to my openvpn setup. I think the problem is just the difference between 'ca-montreal.privateinternetacess' and 'ca-privateinternetacess.com' is it possible to fix this?

Only certain locals with pia support port forwarding. Must use I believe Netherlands or Switzerland. There is a video on this by the space guy lol

Link to comment
1 hour ago, scubieman said:

Only certain locals with pia support port forwarding. Must use I believe Netherlands or Switzerland. There is a video on this by the space guy lol

Netherlands used to support port forwarding but does not any longer.

Look up the list on PIA site for latest list of locations supporting port forwarding.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The list of port forward enabled endpoints is annoyingly difficult to find, ive bugged PIA multiple times to make this more obvious but they sadly ignore me, in any case here is the link to the list:-

 

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

 

so you can see from this that montreal is indeed on the list of sites that have port forwarding enabled, so i think whats happened here is they have changed the hostname from ca.privateinternetaccess.com to ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com and thus the check is now wrong, so i will alter the code to check for the new hostname, look out for new build.

Link to comment
3 hours ago, binhex said:

Ti think whats happened here is they have changed the hostname from ca.privateinternetaccess.com to ca-montreal.privateinternetaccess.com and thus the check is now wrong, so i will alter the code to check for the new hostname, look out for new build.

Might the same be true of DE Berlin and DE Frankfurt?

Link to comment

This morning after updating I was getting the following error that prevented deluge from starting up.

 

Quote

2018-12-03 09:54:07,698 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/root/getvpnport.sh: line 42: ` ("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \'

I went to that shell script and removed the first backslash in front of that snippet and restarted and it started working again.

 

Since it seems like others are having this problem, this is exactly what I changed in case you want to copy me while we wait for an official fix.

 

Quote

                pia_port_forward_enabled_endpoints_array=("ca-vancouver.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Vancouver)" \
                "ca-toronto.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Toronto)" \
                "ca-montreal.${pia_domain_suffix} (CA Montreal)" \
                "czech.${pia_domain_suffix} (Czech Republic)" \
                "spain.${pia_domain_suffix} (Spain)" \
                "swiss.${pia_domain_suffix} (Switzerland)" \
                "sweden.${pia_domain_suffix} (Sweden)" \
                "france.${pia_domain_suffix} (France)" \
                "de-berlin.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "de-frankfurt.${pia_domain_suffix} (Germany)" \
                "ro.${pia_domain_suffix} (Romania)" \
                "israel.${pia_domain_suffix} (Israel)")

 

Edited by rzeeman711
Link to comment

Hello, I don't know if this is the correct place to ask a new question - if not I apologize, please point me in the right direction. I am only wondering the location of the Notification script, as I would like to edit the actual email message that is sent upon completion. I am on Synology DSM latest and have config mounted to /config. Thanks!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.