binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

6101 posts in this topic Last Reply

4 hours ago, binhex said:

ok so this is interesting, so you can login to the web ui, and you can see the top menu bar for settings etc, its just you cant see any of the torrents?.

Yes everything except the torrents, the speed is even displayed correctly in the titlebar.

3 hours ago, binhex said:

somebody with the same/similar issue:-

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JslqHRdsrHIJ:https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D54880+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

and another one, no reply but it looks like this might of been related to not connecting to the deluge dameon, can you check that:-

https://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?t=54930

question for you, how many torrents have you got in an active state (seeding/leeching)?, deluge is a bit crap when you start dealing with more than a 100 or so, so it could be hitting this limitation.

I fear this might be the problem, I have about 600 torrents running about 250 of which is cross seeds.

I thought Deluge would be okay with this since it's a common choicefor seedboxes etc, any way to optimize this for more torrents?

Does rTorrent handle lots of torrents better and if so, is there an easy way to transfer them?

16 minutes ago, TorrnapZ said:

Does rTorrent handle lots of torrents better and if so, is there an easy way to transfer them?

i have heard people using the docker image i created (rtorrentvpn) with thousands of torrents concurrently active, so yeah i think its possible, obviously spec of your machine, whether you have a ssd for cache etc come into play, but if your machine is man enough then it should be able to do it, yep.

Transitioning over should be as simple as configuring rtorrent/rutorrent incomplete and completed to point at the same folders as deluge, then adding in a single torrent, let it check the downloaded file(s) and it should start seeding once check is complete, if all good then copy the other torrents over, try not to dump the lot as checking is cpu and i/o intensive, so maybe do it in batches of 50 or something.

35 minutes ago, binhex said:

i have heard people using the docker image i created (rtorrentvpn) with thousands of torrents concurrently active, so yeah i think its possible, obviously spec of your machine, whether you have a ssd for cache etc come into play, but if your machine is man enough then it should be able to do it, yep.

Transitioning over should be as simple as configuring rtorrent/rutorrent incomplete and completed to point at the same folders as deluge, then adding in a single torrent, let it check the downloaded file(s) and it should start seeding once check is complete, if all good then copy the other torrents over, try not to dump the lot as checking is cpu and i/o intensive, so maybe do it in batches of 50 or something.

Yeah I was hoping there was an easier way that skipped the recheck and allowed you to export everything at once, especially since I'll get busted for seeding from different locations at once if I have both open. I'll have to do some research, thanks for all your help mate!

1 minute ago, TorrnapZ said:

Yeah I was hoping there was an easier way that skipped the recheck

this MIGHT be possible, a quick google revealed this rtorrent option (define in rtorrent.rc file):-

# Check hash for finished torrents. (check_hash) 
pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no

that might stop the hashing.

24 minutes ago, binhex said:

this MIGHT be possible, a quick google revealed this rtorrent option (define in rtorrent.rc file):-

# Check hash for finished torrents. (check_hash) 
pieces.hash.on_completion.set = no

that might stop the hashing.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot sometime this weekend. If I find an easy way I can make a guide somewhere, this might not be the right thread.

Ive been trying to use this along with fail2ban but its only banning 172.17.0.1 (docker ip) which is no good does not seem to be passing real ip address i have tried a few things such as proxy

server {
    listen 80;
server_name torrent.example.me;
        location / {
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
             proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:9080;
        }
}

but this is a snippet from log with a purposely wrong password

172.17.0.1 - heeelo [17/Nov/2018:17:48:18 +0000] "GET / HTTP/1.0" 401 597 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.18277"

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hello folks im new to unraid so plz be nice to me :=) Love this docker all working fine exept i missing a funtion and i dont now how to fix it. used only tixati and..utorrent? on windows i think before and after downloaded i  moved easy the files to mine collections tvshows.anime and so on and keep on seeding. browsed easy the file location..it is any way you can do the same on unraid -deluge ? i only se empty dialogue when i click on move storage. how can i  easy browse the new file location and deluge moving over after ? i dont have other docker installed exept krusader -binhex ofc.. so i manually moving the files but cant seed after sadly. :=((

Hope i not offended anyone if im in  a wrong forum that case can same nice people help me to the right directions ?

Thx binhex to this great work..fron old man..

14 hours ago, DigitalLF said:

Hi!

I just signed up for PIA and I wanted to do a port forward. All I seem to find on the subject is that in the windows client you can "request port forwarding" or this forum post: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/archive/forum/discussion/23431/new-pia-port-forwarding-api

So Binhex have you implemented this or is this a bad way of doing it? Security?

you dont need to worry about doing this ive coded it to setup port forwarding for you, all you need to do is connect to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see link below) and ensure STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to yes.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

4 hours ago, binhex said:

you dont need to worry about doing this ive coded it to setup port forwarding for you, all you need to do is connect to a endpoint that supports port forwarding (see link below) and ensure STRICT_PORT_FORWARD is set to yes.

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/helpdesk/kb/articles/how-do-i-enable-port-forwarding-on-my-vpn

i thought that might be the case because i had to select the VPN provider in the docker. Thank you so much. i made the mistake in Deluge to select random ports and now it is working! :D

Hey!  Do you do the VPN part of this as a standalone utility?

Reason I ask is that I sometimes have to close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount to free up space.  Unfortunately, everything that uses the VPN proxy part gets grumpy.  If I could split the two, that'd be great.

What all uses the VPN?

Hey!  Do you do the VPN part of this as a standalone utility?

Reason I ask is that I sometimes have to close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount to free up space.  Unfortunately, everything that uses the VPN proxy part gets grumpy.  If I could split the two, that'd be great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, scubieman said:

What all uses the VPN?

If you enable the privoxy part of the docker, you can use the vpn tunnel for your web browser and web browsers in other dockers.

7 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

If you enable the privoxy part of the docker, you can use the vpn tunnel for your web browser and web browsers in other dockers.

I understand that, but what i was getting at is if using deluge,sonarr ETC you can set them each up with a VPN connection. Then if one goes down it doesnt rely on the other one.

5 minutes ago, scubieman said:

I understand that, but what i was getting at is if using deluge,sonarr ETC you can set them each up with a VPN connection. Then if one goes down it doesnt rely on the other one.

This is true. But depends on if you need the other "allowed" connections. VPN providers typically allow 5 connections simultaneously. If you use privoxy and connect them all to that one VPN connection then you'll only be using one connection of your VPN provider freeing up the other 4.

25 minutes ago, Lien1454 said:

This is true. But depends on if you need the other "allowed" connections. VPN providers typically allow 5 connections simultaneously. If you use privoxy and connect them all to that one VPN connection then you'll only be using one connection of your VPN provider freeing up the other 4.

This.  Jackett, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Ru all route through.  I have a 5 connection limit on my PIA account, so have routed everything through this to make sure I don't hit the limit (as demonstrated in the excellent SpaceInvader video guides).

Can you choose one service that you dont need to restart? Even use a docker you dont use? Then set up the VPN and pass all other apps to that?

1 minute ago, scubieman said:

Can you choose one service that you dont need to restart? Even use a docker you dont use? Then set up the VPN and pass all other apps to that?

That's a good idea, thanks.

4 hours ago, Cessquill said:

close down this docker whilst I temporarily move contents off the mount

i get what you are asking for and i understand your reasoning, but i dont really fully understand why its necessary to stop the container in order to move downloaded content?, this can be done whilst deluge is running, if you want to not seed any more then simply remove the torrent using the web ui (not data) then move the completed folders/files to your array using a vm/krusader/etc. if you do want to carry on seeding then do the same, but simply re-add the torrent again pointing at the new location where you copied the completed data to, that way the problem goes away :-).

38 minutes ago, binhex said:

...but i dont really fully understand why its necessary to stop the container in order to move downloaded content?, this can be done whilst deluge is running...

Ahh - this was to temporarily move downloading content.  Old archive content that would take weeks/months to finish.  Needed to free up space so other activity could happen, which meant shutting off the docker during that time.

I could have moved the entire download share, but, well, space.  And hindsight.

9 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Ahh - this was to temporarily move downloading content.  Old archive content that would take weeks/months to finish.  Needed to free up space so other activity could happen, which meant shutting off the docker during that time.

I could have moved the entire download share, but, well, space.  And hindsight.

You could also probably just pause the torrent, move data, then point torrent at new location then do a "Force Recheck"

4 minutes ago, scubieman said:

You could also probably just pause the torrent, move data, then point torrent at new location then do a "Force Recheck"

Could do, yes.  Although in this case the docker didn't have access to where I was temporarily storing the files (which I could have sorted by granting more access to the container).

Was just seeing whether I could split the two functions of this up.  Obviously no worries if not, since this must be a fringe case.  Thanks for your time

Wondering if it’s possible to move this docker to another nic on my unRAID server? I often have problems with port congestion if I try to stream a video while torrents are seeding and have to pause the torrents to eliminate buffering on streaming videos. I feel like running Deluge on a seperate nic would possibly eliminate this problem. Tried to do this a while back but could never get it to work. A lot of changes to unRAID since then though so thought it might be worth a try again if anyone has any ideas on how to configure?

Hi,

I've been using this image for some months successfully with AirVPN, but recently after some updates and my server being off for a month, the VPN connection repeatedly dies and restarts itself. I've traced the problem down to the openvpn process getting SIGINT every minute or so. The connection seems to lose DNS somewhere along the way, and the container cannot resolve external hosts. Is that what kills OpenVPN?

AirVPN does have their own DNS servers from within the VPN connection, but I am unsure how to use that, if you need DNS to resolve the VPN hostname in the first place...

Some (hopefully) relevant log bits:

2018-11-24 21:06:55,218 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Error: could not find any address for the name: `ns1.google.com'

2018-11-24 21:06:55,232 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
Error: could not find any address for the name: `resolver1.opendns.com'

2018-11-24 21:06:55,296 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Cannot determine external IP address, exhausted retries setting to tunnel IP '10.24.140.209'

I've been banging my head against a wall for quite a while with this. Any help would be appreciated!