[Support] binhex - Couchpotato

OK the problem is that as far as Kodi knows, /media doesn't exist as that's the docker path. Kodi on the NUC is probably looking for \\tower\Movies for it's scans.

It's tell you that in the log:

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted12:07:05 T:140560681641728 WARNING: Process directory '/media/Meet.the.Hollowheads.(1989)' does not exist - skipping scan.

Just leave it to full library scan, it's pretty quick at doing it from what I recall when I was running XMBC/Kodi.

OK the problem is that as far as Kodi knows, /media doesn't exist as that's the docker path. Kodi on the NUC is probably looking for \\tower\Movies for it's scans.

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc12:07:05 T:140560681641728 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted12:07:05 T:140560681641728 WARNING: Process directory '/media/Meet.the.Hollowheads.(1989)' does not exist - skipping scan.

Just leave it to full library scan, it's pretty quick at doing it from what I recall when I was running XMBC/Kodi.

That's correct, CP is sending the wrong path. 

I understand that full library scan works, and I normally would use it - but does that mean that no one is able to get remote folder scan to work using CP as a docker? 

It is very quick with full library scan, but that's not really the point - I'm essentially trying to get movies, as they finish downloading, to have all of the file details and meta info scraped in while the files are still on cache, however, with full library scan enabled in CP, kodi is running the scan, seeing the new movie on the array rather than the cache drive link, and spinning the drive the file will eventually be written to, to get those file details, codec, meta info, etc.

That's correct, CP is sending the wrong path. 

I understand that full library scan works, and I normally would use it - but does that mean that no one is able to get remote folder scan to work using CP as a docker? 

It is very quick with full library scan, but that's not really the point - I'm essentially trying to get movies, as they finish downloading, to have all of the file details and meta info scraped in while the files are still on cache, however, with full library scan enabled in CP, kodi is running the scan, seeing the new movie on the array rather than the cache drive link, and spinning the drive the file will eventually be written to, to get those file details, codec, meta info, etc.

A new movie should still be on the cache drive if one exists, until the mover runs to move it to a data disk.

CP finds a movie and sends it to D/L.

D/L client finishes downloading the movie

CP fetches metadata, .png, etc.

CP creates target folder in /media (/mnt/user/Movies)

CP copies movie and metadata to /media (/mnt/user/Movies)

If you have a cache disk installed and the Movies share set to use cache: Yes then the movie would actually be on /mnt/cache/Movies/movie.name until the mover script runs, default at 3:40AM.

What I think you're saying is that a Full Library Scan triggers the full array to spin up and be scanned for new movies when the new movie actually exists on /mnt/cache anyways. Is this correct?

What I think you're saying is that a Full Library Scan triggers the full array to spin up and be scanned for new movies when the new movie actually exists on /mnt/cache anyways. Is this correct?

Correct.  The issue is, that one latest movie is the only thing that isn't added to kodi's library, so it leads me to believe, it's spinning to detect that 1 folder change of that newest movie.

The only thought I've had in changing this from happening is in kodi settings the System->video->file list->get file details and create thumbnails to off.  This doesnt spin anything (Granted I could just have something else set up incorrectly, if everyone else using this doesn't get a drive to spin when the video library scan starts)

Just for clarity.. you have Remote Folder Scan in CP advanced settings checked right? I believe so, but from reading the CP tool tip for it, it's designed to update a specific folder for the movie only.

I do, and it doesnt.  Only remote folder scan setting enabled, all that happens on the kodi end is the notification about X being downloaded, there is no update of the library that happens.  That below is all that occurs and shows on the kodi logs.  So it tries to find that directory, it doesnt exist, nothing else happens.

If full library and remote is enabled, it shows the full story: Attempts remote folder scan, cant find /media/______, fails, backs up to full library scan.

Just downloaded something in fact to test it out.  Here's what happens with these settings:

Remote folder scan enabled ONLY

on Kodi: Get file details (System-video-file list) is enabled.

CP's end:

03-09 08:03:22INFO[tato.core.plugins.renamer] Deleting folder: /data/The.Hunger.Games.Mockingjay.Part.2.2015.DVDRip.x264.AC3-UNDERCOVER-Chamele0n.cp(tt1951266)

03-09 08:03:22DEBUG[o.core.notifications.xbmc] Sending request to 192.168.1.124:8080: [{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": {"message": "Downloaded The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (DVD-Rip)", "image": "https://raw.github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotatoServer/master/couchpotato/static/images/notify.couch.small.png", "title": "CouchPotato"}, "method": "GUI.ShowNotification", "id": "GUI.ShowNotification"}, {"jsonrpc": "2.0", "params": {"directory": "/media/The.Hunger.Games.Mockingjay.-.Part.2.(2015)"}, "method": "VideoLibrary.Scan", "id": "VideoLibrary.Scan"}]

03-09 08:03:22INFO[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Opening url: post http://192.168.1.124:8080/jsonrpc, data: with data

03-09 08:03:22DEBUG[o.core.notifications.xbmc] Returned from request 192.168.1.124:8080: [{u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': u'GUI.ShowNotification', u'result': u'OK'}, {u'jsonrpc': u'2.0', u'id': u'VideoLibrary.Scan', u'result': u'OK'}]

Kodi's end:

Only a notification occurs, AND the spinup happens because kodi tries to find whatever dl'd at /media/________ fails, but still spins up trying.

NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..

08:03:24 T:140560178341632  DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc

08:03:24 T:140560178341632  DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted

08:03:24 T:140560178341632 WARNING: Process directory '/media/The.Hunger.Games.Mockingjay.-.Part.2.(2015)' does not exist - skipping scan.

08:03:24 T:140560178341632  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00

08:03:24 T:140560178341632  DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc

08:03:24 T:140560178341632  DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished

08:03:24 T:140559351932672  DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateVideos() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update

08:03:24 T:140560681641728  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Kodi_Monitor: onDatabaseUpdated: video

08:03:24 T:140560681641728  NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Video database changed - type: unknown - resetAll: True, refreshing widgets....

08:03:24 T:140559351932672  DEBUG: RunQuery took 12 ms for 10 items query: select * from movie_view  ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMovie desc LIMIT

IIRC CP says that full library scan is useful when the paths are different.

Almost by definition the paths are going to be different because Kodi's library are going to be something of the order of smb://tower/movies/etc, whereas the local paths merely going to be /movies (which doesn't exist within Kodi's library)

Almost by definition the paths are going to be different because Kodi's library are going to be something of the order of smb://tower/movies/etc, whereas the local paths merely going to be /movies (which doesn't exist within Kodi's library)

So then does that mean there isn't anyone using unraid who's able to get a remote folder scan to work using couchpotato?

That's what is says for Remote Folder Scan too.

It appears that CP is not honouring your "Remote Folder Scan" setting as it is telling Kodi to scan this directory:

/media/The.Hunger.Games.Mockingjay.-.Part.2.(2015)"

Either the settings is not being saved or acknowledged by CP or it's broken. To me this is a CP issue and needs to be reported to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool thanks. Just one other question. Is there anyway I can make download requests from couchpotato go directly to the top of the queue. I have sonarr setup also which has a serious amount queued but id like couchpotato requests to take priority. if this is at all possible?

Priority doesnt appear in my downloader options.

Also is there any reason my mover would stop working? It seems that it doesnt want to move downloads immediately like it was. I havent changed any settings but i have to psychically go into cp and change options for it to move files. 

EDIT: Actually just realised that CP for some reason is snatching torrents then setting them to ignored? Any idea why this would happen?

• 1 month later...

So I have rTorrent and CouchPotato (both binhex versions) up and running, but have having some weird problems. The frist two downloads I queued with CP worked fine, but any I add after that give me this error in the CP logs:

05-28 18:07:45 ERROR [ore.downloaders.rtorrent_] Failed to send torrent to rTorrent: timed out

Anyone have any thoughts? I was reading some bug issues in CP from 2014 that related to large torrent sizes, however the first torrent I tried (which worked) was significantly larger than the ones that are failing.

So I have rTorrent and CouchPotato (both binhex versions) up and running, but have having some weird problems. The frist two downloads I queued with CP worked fine, but any I add after that give me this error in the CP logs:

05-28 18:07:45 ERROR [ore.downloaders.rtorrent_] Failed to send torrent to rTorrent: timed out

Anyone have any thoughts? I was reading some bug issues in CP from 2014 that related to large torrent sizes, however the first torrent I tried (which worked) was significantly larger than the ones that are failing.

i have had performance issues with rtorrent for a while, particularly with timeouts when adding torrents, i think i may of just cracked it with some performance tweaks to php, can you download the latest rtorrent image and give it a whirl, hopefully it should be more stable.

i have had performance issues with rtorrent for a while, particularly with timeouts when adding torrents, i think i may of just cracked it with some performance tweaks to php, can you download the latest rtorrent image and give it a whirl, hopefully it should be more stable.

That seems to have done it. The only other thing I was wondering was if there's an easy way to pipe CP through the VPN as well.

I need to do some more reading up on Couchpotato, so that I can get it tailored to my environment better. It's so robust, I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks for your help!

The only other thing I was wondering was if there's an easy way to pipe CP through the VPN as well.

thats exactly what privoxy is for (built into rtorrentvpn and delugevpn), FAQ Q4. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=45812.msg437678#msg437678

Yes, but the question is, how do you force CP through privoxy when there are no settings exposed in the GUI to set a proxy?

hmm ahh ok, as you can tell im not a CP user :-), im very surprised this doesnt have support for http proxy, i assumed it would have (sickrage does).

ok in that case you could attempt to create env var's as specified here:- http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-set-proxy-environment-variable/

a quick google reveals the python module urllib should pick up this env var and use it, so try adding in the env vars in unraid advanced settings and see what happens, would be nice to know if this does works, as i can then include this in the xml for all metadata downloader apps.