[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

Updated and also getting 

<Response code="503" title="Maintenance" status="Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations."/>

I have not restarted unraid, the container, or anything. Its been up for about 15 minutes as of this post. 

27 minutes ago, binhex said:

you should of left it to complete, if you shutdown the container part way through then you will bugger up your database.

if you now do have a corrupt database (likely if you did the above) then follow Q4 and Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

Hey thank you so much for the quick responses and the help I really appreciate it. Thank glob I didn't bork it. All is well. I'm just a dingus. 

3 minutes ago, Remamian said:

Updated and also getting 

I have not restarted unraid, the container, or anything. Its been up for about 15 minutes as of this post. 

it will depend on how large your database is as to how long it will take, give it an hour, if it hasnt progressed then restart the container and hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

it will depend on how large your database is as to how long it will take, give it an hour, if it hasnt progressed then restart the container and hope for the best.

its um... 390tb >.>

threadripper cpu

Edited by Remamian

I'm doing my unraid setup, and today was "get the plex working" day -- I have it all going using this container, but it refuses to use my iGPU (intel). I have it enabled in the plex settings. I have it selected just fine, and added a device /dev/dri to the configuration screen.  So far, no love and no idea where to go from here.  

Also, I keep getting remote access disabling even though the router is port forwarding just fine to the unraid box on that port.  I have to re-enable it and force it to try again.

image.thumb.png.99d95944b2058d1978129080d54c4335.png

Edited by rickeames
51 minutes ago, rickeames said:

I'm doing my unraid setup, and today was "get the plex working" day -- I have it all going using this container, but it refuses to use my iGPU (intel). I have it enabled in the plex settings. I have it selected just fine, and added a device /dev/dri to the configuration screen.  So far, no love and no idea where to go from here.  

Also, I keep getting remote access disabling even though the router is port forwarding just fine to the unraid box on that port.  I have to re-enable it and force it to try again.

image.thumb.png.99d95944b2058d1978129080d54c4335.png

I use my intel iGPU for transcoding ill attach my setup to show you how mine is working. You have to select advance settings and include --device /dev/dri:/dev/dri in the extra parameters section. 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 141659.png

Screenshot 2024-03-29 141716.png

I was full of hope reading that...and sadly, it still didn't work.  To review:

- I've tried editing the Preferences.xml to have /dev/dri/renderD128 in it.  No love.

- I've installed the Intel TOP and GPU add in to see it on the dashboard

- I've mapped everything in the container as per your description above, exactly as you have it

When I run intel-gpu-top, this is what I get and it never moves, so it's not being used.  I'm baffled.

intel-gpu-top: Intel Alderlake_p (Gen12) @ /dev/dri/card0 -    0/   0 MHz; 100% RC6;  0.00/ 8.55 W;        2 irqs/s

ENGINES     BUSY                                                                                          MI_SEMA MI_WAIT
       Render/3D    0.00% |                                                                                      |      0%      0%
         Blitter    0.00% |                                                                                      |      0%      0%
           Video    0.00% |                                                                                      |      0%      0%
    VideoEnhance    0.00% |                                                                                      |      0%      0%

Upgraded unraid from 6.8.x to 6.12.x and went to update my binhex-Plexpass container and it failed, hitting done made it disappear, then when I went and downloaded from the app page it now doesn’t launch at all, I just get a blank white page when going to ip:32400, any ideas?

5 hours ago, Reecezwoos said:

No, white screen when I go to it, here’s a screenshot of the logs, which might be the issue, I swear this wasn’t showing up before 

IMG_7045.jpeg

I fixed the sql issues by rebuilding the database, then when starting plex I got this output "<Response code="503" title="Maintenance" status="Plex Media Server is currently running database migrations."/>" After waiting 10-15 minutes it is now fixed.

Hi @binhex just checking if you're aware of the recent backdoor added to xz/libzma? 

I checked using console and looks like some of your containers may be running an affected version of xz? 

I doubt this actually introduces any risk unless folks are somehow using SSH in same container (extremely unlikely!) but maybe worth reverting to a clean version if Plex uses xz at all? 

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that my Unraid server updated a bunch of my binhex docker containers, and a a number of them are now no longer starting.  When trying to start the docker instance from the Unraid interface I am presented with a `Execution Error: Bad Parameter` which wasn't very clear so I went to see if starting these docker instances from the cli would give ore information: 

root@Tardis:~# docker start binhex-plexpass
Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/usr/bin/dumb-init": stat /usr/bin/dumb-init: no such file or directory: unknown
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-plexpass

This is also occurring for `binhex/nzbget` `binhex-nzbhydra` `binhex-overseerr` `binhex-radarr` all of these were reported being updated about 2 day ago.

root@Tardis:~# docker start binhex-nzbget
Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/usr/bin/dumb-init": stat /usr/bin/dumb-init: no such file or directory: unknown
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-nzbget
root@Tardis:~# docker start binhex-nzbhydra2
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-nzbhydra2
root@Tardis:~# docker start binhex-overseerr
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-overseerr
root@Tardis:~# docker start binhex-radarr
Error: failed to start containers: binhex-radarr

Any suggestions on what might be done to resolve this? 

Much appreciated! 

--- Edit: More info, 

Removing the container, and reinstalling results in the same error: 

docker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-overseerr'
  --net='bridge'
  -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Tardis"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-overseerr"
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:5055]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/overseerr-icon.png'
  -p '5055:5055/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/disks/HP_LOGICAL_VOLUME/appdata/binhex-overseerr':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-overseerr'
e401b19849afefd1122b9446a707f54f8f87018af4a5c0dac46b21b81a1dff33
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: exec: "/usr/bin/dumb-init": stat /usr/bin/dumb-init: no such file or directory: unknown.

The command failed.

Edit #2: Issue Resolved
Removed all offending containers and associated images and reinstalled. Ran a `docker [container/image/volume/system] prune`. I assume one of the supporting images was corrupted somehow and the image was cached and not reinstalled during the previous attempt. :)

Edited by Mobutils
Adding more details.

Just an FYI, I upgraded as follows in case anyone else was wondering what happens if you're a few versions behind - the answer...nothing! My server upgraded fully within about 2 minutes after the docker container started. Granted, it has a lot of extra processor to throw behind the DB upgrade with v1.40, but it didn't get stuck.

I use specific tags from their Docker repo to choose my upgrade path, as well. https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-plexpass/tags

Unraid OS: 6.12.10
Old: binhex/arch-plexpass:1.32.5.7349-1-01
New: binhex/arch-plexpass:1.40.2.8395-1-01

Edited by horridwilting
On 4/7/2024 at 8:52 AM, milfer322 said:

hello,

I have a doubt, with the beta version 1.40.2.8312 not work history from plex dash

How I can downgrade it?

thanks so much 

All you have to do to down grade SHOULD be: (if I'm incorrect, anyone please correct me)

1) Read the release notes for the version you're on and the one you want to go back to (and any release in between) to make sure there are no irreversible changes with the version you're on now that would prevent a downgrade.

2) Stop your Plex docker container

3) Find the exact release tag you want to use - I use this all the time without issue: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-plexpass/tags

Copy the tag "binhex/arch-plexpass:1.40.2.8395-1-01" for example for the next step

4) Edit your docker container and find the REPOSITORY line - past the full tag into it

5) Save the docker container - it should pull the changed version and auto start. If you see no errors, then it should have been successful.