[Support] binhex - Plex Pass

8 hours ago, Wonka88 said:

Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3\_statement\_backend::loadOne: database or disk is full (N4soci10soci\_errorE)

Disk is full, you need to sort that first

12 hours ago, binhex said:

Disk is full, you need to sort that first

I agree with this other poster. There is an issue with the latest image of the Plex Pass version. None of my disks are anywhere near full and I started getting this error. I rolled back to 1.40.2.8395-1-01 and Plex immediately started without issue. 

Thanks 

21 minutes ago, ACharmedMatrix said:

I agree with this other poster. There is an issue with the latest image of the Plex Pass version. None of my disks are anywhere near full and I started getting this error. I rolled back to 1.40.2.8395-1-01 and Plex immediately started without issue. 

Thanks 

just because your disk is not full does not mean your docker image isn't, take a look at the unraid webui/dahsboard/system and look at docker utilisation, what is this at? screenshot perhaps.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

just because your disk is not full does not mean your docker image isn't, take a look at the unraid webui/dahsboard/system and look at docker utilisation, what is this at? screenshot perhaps.

Sorry forgot to mention I checked that too CleanShot2024-05-31at16_26_42.png.94d0c6cc2299828a413da703fc9bf21d.png

I have ZFS backups running and converting to a working backup did not get me up and running on the latest build. But the rollback did. 

I've been having a strange situation today. Anytime plex scans my tv shows library plex begins detecting intros and video chapter thumbnails etc for the same few tv shows that its already done this for before. I'm confused as to why this would be occurring. any ideas/tips or points in the right direction would be great.

Thanks

I'm having the same issue as Wonka88 and ACharmedMatrix. Upgraded to the latest version and Plex is dead. Logs show the message about "database or disk is full" even though my array and docker image are both below 50% usage. Rolling back to the latest tag fixes things.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Riboflavin said:

I'm having the same issue as Wonka88 and ACharmedMatrix. Upgraded to the latest version and Plex is dead. Logs show the message about "database or disk is full" even though my array and docker image are both below 50% usage. Rolling back to the latest tag fixes things.

just adding in, same issue. there's nothing full. i did a restore from 3 days ago and same issue. i rebooted and same issue. as i stated, nothing is full, temp isnt full, the appdata folder isnt full, ram isnt full,ect. rollback to 1.40.2.8395-1-01 restored functionality

Edited by Rav20
9 hours ago, Rav20 said:

just adding in, same issue. there's nothing full. i did a restore from 3 days ago and same issue. i rebooted and same issue. as i stated, nothing is full, temp isnt full, the appdata folder isnt full, ram isnt full,ect. rollback to 1.40.2.8395-1-01 restored functionality

10 hours ago, Riboflavin said:

OK so what i currently suspect is going on is as follows:-

1. Plex release a new version that requires database modifications
  2. The user does not realise this and updates and notices no access to the web ui (due to the database upgrade being in progress),  the user then restarts the container part way through the database upgrade
  3. User still cannot access the Plex web ui and looks at the logs and notices either the message 'database or disk is full' (i suspect this really means database is corrupt) or 'database disk image is malformed', which are a result of 2.
  4. User rolls back to previous version which does not reference the new database modifications and therefore is not aware of the database corruption until the user attempts upgrade of plex again.

The only way for me to identify if this is the case is to look at the log file, please can you post both /config/supervisord.log and the plex log located at /config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

Note:- Please do keep this in mind.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

2. The user does not realise this and updates and notices no access to the web ui (due to the database upgrade being in progress),  the user then restarts the container part way through the database upgrade
  3. User still cannot access the Plex web ui and looks at the logs and notices either the message 'database or disk is full' (i suspect this really means database is corrupt) or 'database disk image is malformed', which are a result of 2.
  4. User rolls back to previous version which does not reference the new database modifications and therefore is not aware of the database corruption until the user attempts upgrade of plex again.

The only way for me to identify if this is the case is to look at the log file, please can you post both /config/supervisord.log and the plex log located at /config/Plex Media Server/Logs/Plex Media Server.log

Thanks for responding, I'm not able to pull logs for the moment but I did want to provide feedback on #1/2 that the server updated and I noticed the issue about about 9 hours later so I don't believe it was intervention of it going down during a migration. Otherwise from memory the error I saw in the docker log was on repeat every 10 lines or so was "Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3\_statement\_backend::loadOne: database or disk is full (N4soci10soci\_errorE)". 

6 hours ago, binhex said:

I think this is a possibility, however I tried rolling back using the appdata backup/restore plugin which I assume would also rollback the database to a pre-corrupted state. This still didn't resolve the issue, Plex doesn't try to start any database update it just throws the error right away, so either the plugin rollback doesn't rollback the database or the issue is not due to corruption. 

1 hour ago, Rav20 said:

Thanks for responding, I'm not able to pull logs for the moment but I did want to provide feedback on #1/2 that the server updated and I noticed the issue about about 9 hours later so I don't believe it was intervention of it going down during a migration. Otherwise from memory the error I saw in the docker log was on repeat every 10 lines or so was "Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3\_statement\_backend::loadOne: database or disk is full (N4soci10soci\_errorE)". 

25 minutes ago, Riboflavin said:

I think this is a possibility, however I tried rolling back using the appdata backup/restore plugin which I assume would also rollback the database to a pre-corrupted state. This still didn't resolve the issue, Plex doesn't try to start any database update it just throws the error right away, so either the plugin rollback doesn't rollback the database or the issue is not due to corruption. 

i could still do with those logs guys:-

4 minutes ago, binhex said:

i could still do with those logs guys:-

My bad, just DMd you the log files. I believe the PMS.log only has more recent stuff from after I rolled back. If you want me to upgrade again to throw the error and send over a new log file I can do that as well.

12 minutes ago, Riboflavin said:

My bad, just DMd you the log files. I believe the PMS.log only has more recent stuff from after I rolled back. If you want me to upgrade again to throw the error and send over a new log file I can do that as well.

one thing i have spotted in your supervisord.log is this:-

2024-06-03 03:11:52.680887 [info] TRANS_DIR defined as '/dev/shm'

So using /dev/shm SHOULD be ok, do you have a bind mount for that, a screenshot of 'unraid webui/docker/plex/edit' container settings would help.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

one thing i have spotted in your supervisord.log is this:-

So using /dev/shm SHOULD be ok, do you have a bind mount for that, a screenshot of 'unraid webui/docker/plex/edit' container settings would help.

Screenshot 2024-06-03 at 9.06.46 AM.png

Yeah so that is incorrectly setup, you have a host path /dev/shm that bind mounts to /transcode, that is all good, you then set TRANS_DIR to point at the host path /dev/shm, this is not right, it should be pointing at '/transcode'.
Keep in mind env vars (container variables) are defined inside of the container, so you have to use container paths not host paths, the host path will not be accessible.

3 minutes ago, binhex said:

Yeah so that is incorrectly setup, you have a host path /dev/shm that bind mounts to /transcode, that is all good, you then set TRANS_DIR to point at the host path /dev/shm, this is not right, it should be pointing at '/transcode'.
Keep in mind env vars (container variables) are defined inside of the container, so you have to use container paths not host paths, the host path will not be accessible.

Thanks! I will change 'RAM Disk Transcoding' to '/transcode'. Just for reference, it was properly transcoding to RAM with the current settings.

20 minutes ago, Riboflavin said:

Thanks! I will change 'RAM Disk Transcoding' to '/transcode'. Just for reference, it was properly transcoding to RAM with the current settings.

To be honest, i dont see how that is possible with the settings you have, it would be of been transcoding to /dev/shm inside of the container, which for my containers is a measly 64MB in size, this MAY be the source of your disk space related issue.

4 hours ago, binhex said:

To be honest, i dont see how that is possible with the settings you have, it would be of been transcoding to /dev/shm inside of the container, which for my containers is a measly 64MB in size, this MAY be the source of your disk space related issue.

I'm not really sure, but I was able to transcode 4k remux files and could see my ram usage rise accordingly. Unfortunately changing this option didn't make a difference with the database error, it still happens immediately on container start.

I am having some troubles getting Plex to start after I had some disk issues. The disk issues are resolved, but now I am getting this in the logs for the binhex-plexpass docker:

2024-06-04 07:18:17,027 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22529554127248 for <Subprocess at 22529553309520 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2024-06-04 07:18:17,028 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22529551749136 for <Subprocess at 22529553309520 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2024-06-04 07:18:17,028 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2024-06-04 07:18:17,029 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-06-04 07:18:18,031 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 1086
2024-06-04 07:18:19,033 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2024-06-04 07:18:22,245 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed (N4soci10soci_errorE)

I have tried using the DBRepair script from github by following this video, based on this Reddit post, but I get to the part where I need to stop the plex services (not the container) and I receive a message that says "Start/Stop feature not available." I then tried what someone in the comments of the video said, 

I had this problem since I was running Binhex

Type: ps -aux

Find the process id for the Plex Media Service

Then Type: kill (insert id number for Plex Media Service)

Then the script should run just fine.

After you're done - easiest way to restart the service is to restart the container.

but when I kill the process this way, it stops the container, which then gives me an error when attempting to docker exec in the container: 

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-plexpass /bin/bash
Error response from daemon: Container 58e6183097cdedbfbdbc707db8c5395c00d310694cb27601a55485b84559ec6a is not running

I'm stuck at this point. Any help would be appreciated. 

6 minutes ago, Richamc01 said:

I am having some troubles getting Plex to start after I had some disk issues. The disk issues are resolved, but now I am getting this in the logs for the binhex-plexpass docker:

2024-06-04 07:18:17,027 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22529554127248 for <Subprocess at 22529553309520 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2024-06-04 07:18:17,028 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22529551749136 for <Subprocess at 22529553309520 with name plexmediaserver in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2024-06-04 07:18:17,028 WARN exited: plexmediaserver (exit status 255; not expected)
2024-06-04 07:18:17,029 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-06-04 07:18:18,031 INFO spawned: 'plexmediaserver' with pid 1086
2024-06-04 07:18:19,033 INFO success: plexmediaserver entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2024-06-04 07:18:22,245 DEBG 'plexmediaserver' stdout output:
Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed (N4soci10soci_errorE)

I have tried using the DBRepair script from github by following this video, based on this Reddit post, but I get to the part where I need to stop the plex services (not the container) and I receive a message that says "Start/Stop feature not available." I then tried what someone in the comments of the video said, 

but when I kill the process this way, it stops the container, which then gives me an error when attempting to docker exec in the container: 

root@Tower:~# docker exec -it binhex-plexpass /bin/bash
Error response from daemon: Container 58e6183097cdedbfbdbc707db8c5395c00d310694cb27601a55485b84559ec6a is not running

I'm stuck at this point. Any help would be appreciated. 

See Q5:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/plex.md

My Plex has been in maintenance mode for the database since the upgrade on Saturday, the movie array is around 70TB and then there's a bit for Music etc on top. Any guesstimate to how long I should expect it to take or any way to check its progress?

2 hours ago, rhinoman said:

My Plex has been in maintenance mode for the database since the upgrade on Saturday, the movie array is around 70TB and then there's a bit for Music etc on top. Any guesstimate to how long I should expect it to take or any way to check its progress?

When you say maintenance mode, what exactly do you mean? is there a message on the plex web ui telling you its in maintenance mode?.