SqueezeBox Server 7.5

Hi,

I manage to get this work,

I added following to my go file  ;D

EDIT:  Added some code to wait for my cache drive...

#determine if cache drive online, retry upto 7 times
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/cache ]
      then
      sleep 15
     fi
done

if [ -d /mnt/cache ]; then

cd /mnt/cache
chmod -R 777 slimserver  
#chmod -R 777 Audio\ Media (what ever is the name of your music directory)
echo >> /etc/passwd
echo slimserver:$1$oExleBv6$Ux2qBpAanWMqJqUeH2xqp1:1000:100:,,,:/home/slimserver:/bin/bash >> /etc/passwd
chown -R slimserver.users .
cd slimserver
chmod -R 775 Cache
perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver

fi

//Peter

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

I just installed the latest Squeezeserver to my Unraid latest beta.

But this is what I get when i run the perl command

root@Novanas2:/mnt/disk1/slimserver# perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:

LANGUAGE = (unset),

LC_ALL = (unset),

LC_COLLATE = "C",

LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"

are supported and installed on your system.

perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  Consider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8

[11-08-13 15:26:04.9425] main::init (326) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.5.6, r32834, Sat Aug 13 03:08:10 MDT 2011) perl 5.010000

root@Novanas2:/mnt/disk1/slimserver#

It looks like the Squeezebox Server is running anyway but

- how do I access it (URL?)

- i do not see any perl process running

- i do not see any Squeeze... process running

Help appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I installed Squeezebox as described in this thread and it works ok.

But now I see that there is newer way to install it that supports upgrades (or does it?) via Unraid Plugins ( _http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=UnRAID_Plugins).

So, how do I do that?

First uninstall the previous one? If so then what is the procedure?

Or maybe does the new method overwrite the old version?

Can someone clarify what to do here?

Thank you

I only use the option to navigate the music folder having already organised my music the way I want to find it.  Last time I put SqueezeBox Server on a Linux Server (admittedly 3 years ago on a Thecus NAS), I lost the ability to navigate my music library by traversing the "Music Folder" option and had to put it back on a windows box, is this feature available again now?

has anybody managed to run this on version 5 Beta 11. also the media server linux version has also been updated to 7.7.

Since I upgraded to 5 beta 11 I decided to install the 7.7 version ...... followed the same exact procedure but seems server is not running ..... any idea any assistance ...??

My steps ...

Downloaded the "logitechmediaserver-7.7.0-33472.tgz" from http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=7.7"

copy your logitechmediaserver-7.7.0-33472.tgz (Logitech Media Server: Unix Tarball) on your disk1

Log on to your Unraid page

Click on Package Manager

Perl: Download-install and enable on start up

Telnet into Tower, and run:

$ cd /mnt/disk1/

$ tar -xf logitechmediaserver-7.7.0-33472.tgz

$ mv logitechmediaserver-7.7.0-33472.tgz/ slimserver/

cd /mnt/disk1

chmod -R 777 slimserver  

chmod -R 777 Music\ Listening (or the name of your music directory)

echo >> /etc/passwd

echo slimserver:$1$oExleBv6$Ux2qBpAanWMqJqUeH2xqp1:1000:100:,,,:/home/slimserver:/bin/bash >> /etc/passwd

chown -R slimserver.users .     (note : there is a space and dot at the end)

cd slimserver

chmod -R 775 Cache

perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver

To see if it's running run:

ps -ef

and I dont see it running .......

ok this is the error I get ..

YAML::XS::DumpFile (31) Warning: Can't open '/mnt/disk1/slimserver/Cache/plugin-data.yaml' for output:

Permission denied at /mnt/disk1/slimserver/CPAN/YAML/XS.pm line 31.

[11-09-18 16:01:59.8214] Slim::Utils::Prefs::Namespace::savenow (338) Error: can't save /mnt/disk1/slimserver/prefs/plugin/state.prefs: Permission denied at /mnt/disk1/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Prefs/Namespace.pm line 327.

[11-09-18 16:01:59.8219] Slim::Utils::Prefs::Namespace::savenow (338) Error: can't save /mnt/disk1/slimserver/prefs/server.prefs: Permission denied at /mnt/disk1/slimserver/Slim/Utils/Prefs/Namespace.pm line 327.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I managed to resolve the above error, seems like Cache folder did not get the 777 correctly. Ran the Chmod -R 777 to Cache and the error was gone. Server worked fine for days until today when I had to reboot it for some reason and now I am stuck again with another problem. The server starts but with an error that gets stuck at the command prompt. It I press ctrl z to come to prompt again the server stops ... this is what I get ...

perl slimserver.pl --user slimserver

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.

perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:

LANGUAGE = (unset),

LC_ALL = (unset),

LC_COLLATE = "C",

LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"

are supported and installed on your system.

perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

Your locale was detected as C, you may have problems with non-Latin filenames.  onsider changing your LANG variable to the correct locale, i.e. en_US.utf8

[11-09-27 10:41:56.5696] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.0 r33472, Sat Sep 17 04:07:06 MDT 2011) perl 5.010000

[11-09-27 10:41:58.6097] Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::UDP::mcast_add (48) Eror: While adding multicast membership, UPnP may not work properly: Invalid argumnt

[11-09-27 10:42:01.2001] Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (289) Eror retrieving device description: 401 Unauthorized

[11-09-27 10:42:01.2083] Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (289) Eror retrieving device description: 401 Unauthorized

As you can see it does not come back to the $ prompt, but server runs and I can access it on IP:9000. But if I run a CTRL Z to get back to the prompt the server stops.

Any idea how to resolve this .... get rid of above error ... ????

@sam9s if you are on the beta's try using the plugin created by limetech instead of thins method. I haven't tried it and it's been a while since I've had squeezeserver on unRAID but that is what I'd try first.

@tim8v same as above but if you are on 4.7 I think this is it, you'll have to read through a few pages.

Josh

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Squeezebox server works flawlessly on Readynas.

I am really tired of the problem it has on Unraid.

Losing the settings all the time, not rescanning the music folder when it should, not accessing the newly ripped music in the folder because permissions have to be changed.

This is really no fun at all.

I am moving my music back to my Readynas.

Anybody knows how to remove the Squeezebox Server 7.6.0 plugin on Unraid?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I read through as much as I could I managed to get the squeezebox server running no problem, I was just looking for the command to stop the server if I want to reboot unraid and also if I want

to uninstall squeezebox server to install it in a diffrent location what is the uninstall format? thanks for any help on this. running unraid 4.7

Lou

• 1 month later...