SERIOUSLY! PLEX, hosted on unRAID...is driving me #%&* NUTZ!!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't preclear a SSD and especially if it's going to be a cache drive.

To assign it just stop the array and assign it....  Assuming you're not setting up a pool of drives for your cache.

Then I guess you'll need to copy anything you have on your existing cache drive over.

For that I would use midnight commander via ssh. (Type mc)

I wouldn't preclear a SSD and especially if it's going to be a cache drive.

To assign it just stop the array and assign it....  Assuming you're not setting up a pool of drives for your cache.

Then I guess you'll need to copy anything you have on your existing cache drive over.

For that I would use midnight commander via ssh. (Type mc)

New to cache. So...just do it!

Unmountable?

cache1.png.ef62fd0a877b2f4fa868343eab358d2b.png

OK...so; now to do a FRESH install, of PLEX.

I think I have this; but I want to confirm steps, if that's OK. I mean...the last thing I want to do, after all this; is screw something silly up.

So...Step 1:

- Enable my Docker

- With a 240G Cache drive; suggest an image size?

- And create the image, on the Cache disk (and is that path just /mnt/cache/?)

YES?

docker1.png.b00eb4bc0a80771b727c757de5cde953.png

- Enable my Docker

This is dependent on your cache drive size, more the amount of containers you want.  My docker.img is 30GB.  I have a lot of containers. (25 at last count)

/mnt/cache/docker.img will be fine.

One other thought, why did you choose btrfs instead of xfs as a format for your cache drive?

i may be wrong but I think there have been issues with btrfs here and there.  If you're running a cache pool then it needs to be btrfs, but for a single device XFS would be fine.

- Enable my Docker

This is dependent on your cache drive size, more the amount of containers you want.  My docker.img is 30GB.  I have a lot of containers. (25 at last count)

/mnt/cache/docker.img will be fine.

I'm not anticipating, a lot of containers; but is there any down-side really...in going "too big" (like 30G)?

One other thought, why did you choose btrfs instead of xfs as a format for your cache drive?

i may be wrong but I think there have been issues with btrfs here and there.  If you're running a cache pool then it needs to be btrfs, but for a single device XFS would be fine.

I didn't even see an option, honestly. Should I re-format...before moving forward?

cache3.png.64582e0c0025489ed6f258bb4047bfb4.png

I didn't even see an option, honestly. Should I re-format...before moving forward?

Your screenshot here shows btrfs, so which one is it?!

Your screenshot here shows btrfs, so which one is it?!

I re-formatted.