SERIOUSLY! PLEX, hosted on unRAID...is driving me #%&* NUTZ!!

@CDLehner, don't forget to delete the previous Appdata folder for PLEX. Looks like you have it in /mnt/user/appdata/PLEX

Delete that WHOLE PLEX folder.

WARNING: This will also erase all your watched status and configuration, but I think that's what you want... to start from scratch.

Yeppers. Thanks!

OK; for some reason...I'm having trouble, deleting these from Win.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@CDLehner, don't forget to delete the previous Appdata folder for PLEX. Looks like you have it in /mnt/user/appdata/PLEX

WARNING: This will also erase all your watched status and configuration, but I think that's what you want... to start from scratch.

Might have to do it via Midnight Commander.

Yeppers. Thanks!

Might have to do it via Midnight Commander.

Yeppers. Thanks!

Or SSH

rm -r folder name

type in the IP address of the server.  The correct character translation should be default.

As an aside, its for problems like this that uninstalling an app through CA (although I think you actually wound up nuking your docker.img file) will prompt you if you want to delete the appdata for the app.

Have you ever heard of Google?

<sigh>

Steven, I have; and I get your point. But have you ever heard the expression...too many cooks, spoil the soup?

I need one hand guiding me on this; and luckily, some of these folks...are kind and patient enough.

My thanks to them!

help8.png.48c75b3569e508beaafe93d50390bc91.png

Have you ever heard of Google?

<sigh>

The OP has made it VERY clear he wants a step by step handholding through the whole process. He wants someone else to do the work for free.

Almost a perfect fit for the professional one on one tech support sessions with LimeTech Staff. Well, except for the cost thang...

I just have zero patience for someone who does nothing to attempt to help themselves.

Steven...I happen to be an "expert", at many things. I never mind helping others, with what comes so easily to me; because it's hardly work at all.

I ask only 2 things:

1) It'll happen, on my time

2) Don't go trying to work on your own, while I'm helping you; you'll just make my job harder.

If you disagree...you've expressed your opinion. Now maybe you could move on?

I just have zero patience for someone who does nothing to attempt to help themselves.

If you disagree...you've expressed your opinion. Now maybe you could move on?

I have to agree with Lehner here.  I realize that we, as a community, are taking on a TON of new users lately, and as such, it's easy to sometimes lose our patience with newcomers that are frustrated with something not working right, and looking for guidance to help them.  One of the things that we have prided ourselves on is in how we differentiate ourselves from another large NAS community that tends to ostracize newcomers and berate those that ask for guidance on things that are "obvious" to them.  Let's not spoil that by blowing up on newcomers here.  We all know that when googling help for anything with Linux, you can quickly find yourself searching through a sea of options and not sure which one to choose.  All Lehner here is asking for is someone to guide him along.

No one is obligated to provide support here.  If no one does, Lehner will have the option to schedule a troubleshooting session with us through our website or to seek other means for assistance.  That said, all I ask is that if you don't wish to provide further assistance for him, please refrain from contributing in the thread.  Thanks.

Edit:  I just realized Lehner isn't exactly a newcomer, but I think everyone gets my point here anyway, right?

Type Mc and hit enter... ;)

I did that. Post #63 above  ???

Go up a directory level.    User shares are under /mnt/user and specific disks are under /mnt/disk. 

Never copy from user share to specific disk (or vice versa) or you risk data loss.  When copying copy between shares of the same type (i.e disk->disk or user share->User share).