unRAID Server Release 6.2.0-beta19 Available

For both .18 and .19 the array won't auto start.  I have to start manually.

Not sure if it's my setup or some config I need to change.

Also every time I reboot the weburl takes me to the licensing page - is this expected?  I hit DONE and nothing ever happens.

Same Here.

Dual Parity System. Diagnostics attached.

Thanks for the log.  There is a bug that is causing this because you have a static IP address. Will fix in next release.

Edit: a workaround would be to put this line in your 'go' file before 'emhttp' is invoked:

sleep 5

(But don't forget to remove it once this bug gets fixed)

Finally got this to work.  sleep 5, 10, and 15 did not work.  Changed to sleep 60 (also 30) and it finally worked.  Gonna test other values now.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to the bug report above, here's the capture from ipmi console.

Edit: This is with a freshly formatted usb which was formatted and labelled as per spec using windows epxlorer and not rufus as I was previously using.  Reverting back to 6.1.9 fixes the issue so must be kernel or driver related.  Motherboard is a SuperMicro  X10SL7-F (http://www.supermicro.co.uk/products/motherboard/Xeon/C220/X10SL7-F.cfm) and the usb stick is connected to a USB2 port which is as far as I'm aware connected to an Intel® C222 Express PCH controller.

The problem is happening earlier than your screenshot shows, and your system log attached in previous post is too garbled to read  :o  btw: how'd you get that log if you can't mount the usb flash?

Did you try some of the other usb ports?

Edit: This is with a freshly formatted usb which was formatted and labelled as per spec using windows epxlorer and not rufus as I was previously using.  Reverting back to 6.1.9 fixes the issue so must be kernel or driver related.  Motherboard is a SuperMicro  X10SL7-F (http://www.supermicro.co.uk/products/motherboard/Xeon/C220/X10SL7-F.cfm) and the usb stick is connected to a USB2 port which is as far as I'm aware connected to an Intel® C222 Express PCH controller.

The problem is happening earlier than your screenshot shows, and your system log attached in previous post is too garbled to read  :o  btw: how'd you get that log if you can't mount the usb flash?

Core linux os is loading so ssh is enabled, logged in and scp'd it across - garbled how?  File is a tar bz2 of the whole log directory.  Attached is the syslog extracted out the archive.

Tried all the usb ports, 1 on motherboard for hypervisors, 4 on back, 2 on front and 2 usb3s

syslog.txt

Upgraded to B19 and everything seem to go fine but

Am still getting:  Mar 18 17:12:14 Tower emhttp: shcmd (201): /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd start |& logger

repeating in my log

am only using samba - no nfs shares

Myk

Thanks for the diags, I see the problem.  Since you are not using NFS go to Settings/NFS and turn it off to stop those messages.

Upgraded to B19 and everything seem to go fine but

Am still getting:  Mar 18 17:12:14 Tower emhttp: shcmd (201): /etc/rc.d/rc.nfsd start |& logger

repeating in my log

am only using samba - no nfs shares

Myk

I noticed that in my log too, almost like emhttp is starting NFS twice, but doesn't seem to hurt anything and nfs is working for me.

Thanks for the diags.  That's a harmless message that we'll quiet down in the next release.

Core linux os is loading so ssh is enabled, logged in and scp'd it across - garbled how?  File is a tar bz2 of the whole log directory.  Attached is the syslog extracted out the archive.

Tried all the usb ports, 1 on motherboard for hypervisors, 4 on back, 2 on front and 2 usb3s

Right didn't realize it was .tar.bz2.

Do you see messages like this on the console during boot?

waiting for /dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID (will check for 30 sec)...

The syslog doesn't really shed any light.

At console, what do you get for output of these commands?

lsblk
v /dev/disk/by-label

Finally, does this work?

mount /dev/sda1 /boot
ls /boot
<should see files on your usb flash>

Update from beta18 to 19, (1) boot with GUI, (2) Auto start - add sleep 5, (3) HDD not spindown .... all fix, so good. :D

Just "Dynamix File Integrity" plugin not work (build. export ..... Error, Operation aborted) , but this may relate the update of plugin itself.

Many thank you's for this release!

Not had any issues...

[offtopic]

I have a pro license since 2013. I not always used unRAID but always followed the forums. unRAID has awesome community. Instead of using unRAID I used a Synology NAS. At the moment I'm considering selling the Synology because I use unRAID for a week now (6.2 beta18). unRAID gets better with every release. I'm planning a new unRAID build because my current unRAID server can only hold 5 drives. Thumbs up Limetech!

[/offtopic]

Not had any issues...

[offtopic]

I have a pro license since 2013. I not always used unRAID but always followed the forums. unRAID has awesome community. Instead of using unRAID I used a Synology NAS. At the moment I'm considering selling the Synology because I use unRAID for a week now (6.2 beta18). unRAID gets better with every release. I'm planning a new unRAID build because my current unRAID server can only hold 5 drives. Thumbs up Limetech!

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

I have an synology too, 1511+. My plan is to keep it and once the new DSM comes out I will backup all the data on it (some will be moved permanent to unraid) then i will set it up with SHR2 and use it for backups for the unraid :)

[/offtopic]

Not had any issues...

[offtopic]

[/offtopic]

[offtopic]

I have an synology too, 1511+. My plan is to keep it and once the new DSM comes out I will backup all the data on it (some will be moved permanent to unraid) then i will set it up with SHR2 and use it for backups for the unraid :)

[/offtopic]

Shall we continue our conversation in this thread? https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=47637.0

Also every time I reboot the weburl takes me to the licensing page - is this expected?  I hit DONE and nothing ever happens.

Same in beta 18 here, not tried beta 19 yet.

This was not an issue in 6.1.9.

Same in beta 18 here, not tried beta 19 yet.

This was not an issue in 6.1.9.

Limetech have answered this earlier,, to add sleep 30 to go file (see above posts) :)

Anyone what does this command do when added to the go file?? I guess pausing the system for a set amount of time before the gui starts allowing the array to have time to autostart?

@Limetech Team  Thanks for all the hard work, and a super speedy 19 beta release.

Is it possible that the wrong activity icon is shown when a drive is active? Are there more people with this problem.

When I play music the wrong activity icon is showing activity, My music is on disk 4 but in tab main disks 2 and 3 are active. I rechecked the location of the music and it's really on disk 4 and disk 4 is inactive.

Edit: It's working correct now. Not sure what was wrong probably I needed coffee...

Is it possible that the wrong activity icon is shown when a drive is active? Are there more people with this problem.

When I play music the wrong activity icon is showing activity, My music is on disk 4 but in tab main disks 2 and 3 are active. I rechecked the location of the music and it's really on disk 4 and disk 4 is inactive.

If you want anyone from LT to look at this, you have to attach your diagnostics file!

If you want anyone from LT to look at this, you have to attach your diagnostics file!

Yeah, I know. It was just a question for other users. Not specific for Limetech because I was not completely sure.

Go to settings > disk settings and check poll_attributes value, this value sets how often SMART values are checked and temp and spin status updated, default is 1800 (30 minutes), which IMHO is too long, so if disk 4 was spun down and you start accessing it can be up to 30 minutes before the main page correctly updates its status, try setting this value to something like 300 (you can set lower but to low will impact parity check performance).

I've had this issue on b18 + b19, I've also seen it mentioned a couple of times in each of the beta threads :)

The whole "waiting for /dev/disk/by-label/UNRAID (will check for 30 sec)..."

I'm running 6.1.9, tried updating via the plugin update and saw this! (attached screenshot)

That's what happened as soon as I tried to update the plugin

unRAID.png.85351d7b5ff2d3b562c549fe3ca3d345.png