[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

On 7/20/2020 at 10:19 AM, binhex said:

Attached log.  I am assuming that this is the issue:

[warn] Unable to download file from url 'http://209.222.18.222:2000/?client_id=b911029a01c805dd6c6d72c547ed627e84ec450593a5c59d3a94bbd10f4cff5a', exiting script...
[warn] PIA VPN port assignment API currently down, terminating OpenVPN process to force retry for incoming port...

Is this a PIA problem?

supervisord - clean.log

So a LOT of debugging later I figured out what's giving the error;

image.png.3a3cb9fde75c69b191e078b245119398.png

If I go in to the docker via the shell and go to /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extsearch/engines/ I see that for some reason I have JPopsuki.php and jpopsuki.php. If I manually remove the lowercase one (rm jpopsuki.php) and go to the site for my rtorrent and hit F5 the interface loads up normally.

If I restart the docker it will auto re-create the file and I will be in the same situation again.

I manually created the Uppercase version from https://github.com/Novik/ruTorrent/blob/master/plugins/extsearch/engines/JPopsuki.php

Is there a way to keep it from auto creating that upon startup?

Edited by AnnabellaRenee87
13 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Is there a way to keep it from auto creating that upon startup?

i would suspect you have downloaded and installed a user plugin and this is now clashing with the built in plugins, check the location:-

/config/rutorrent/user-plugins/

are there any plugins in that directory?, if so remove the conflicting plugin and restart the container.

9 hours ago, binhex said:

i would suspect you have downloaded and installed a user plugin and this is now clashing with the built in plugins, check the location:-

/config/rutorrent/user-plugins/

are there any plugins in that directory?, if so remove the conflicting plugin and restart the container.

The plugin isn't there, if i go through the appdata share and look in the same folder I can literally take everything out of it and it will still put that file back at /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extsearch/engines/.

I even tried removing the Docker, it's Image, going stock, it will launch the first time just fine completely stock (yes, I removed the ~/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn directory) and it will do it on the second start.

10 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

The plugin isn't there, if i go through the appdata share and look in the same folder I can literally take everything out of it and it will still put that file back at /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extsearch/engines/.

I even tried removing the Docker, it's Image, going stock, it will launch the first time just fine completely stock (yes, I removed the ~/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn directory) and it will do it on the second start.

very odd!, firstly the lower case file you mentioned does not exist in the latest image, and i run this image myself and dont have any issues with conflicting plugins so im sure the image is fine, are you definitely running tagged 'latest' image right?, as in the 'Repository' is set to 'binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn'

1 minute ago, binhex said:

very odd!, firstly the lower case file you mentioned does not exist in the latest image, and i run this image myself and dont have any issues with conflicting plugins so im sure the image is fine, are you definitely running tagged 'latest' image right?, as in the 'Repository' is set to 'binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn'

So I've been crazy sick the last week, I was diagnosed with COVID-19, I just decided to try nuking out all the folders in the plugins folder except the theme folder with my backed up appdata folder and now it's working. I could have swore I tested that yesterday. I blame the fever I've been having on and off yesterday and today. I'm sorry, carry on!

Ignore the ramblings of the sick girl!!!! lol

59 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

So I've been crazy sick the last week, I was diagnosed with COVID-19, I just decided to try nuking out all the folders in the plugins folder except the theme folder with my backed up appdata folder and now it's working. I could have swore I tested that yesterday. I blame the fever I've been having on and off yesterday and today. I'm sorry, carry on!

Ignore the ramblings of the sick girl!!!! lol

np, i hope you fully recover soon.

• Like 1

In response to my previous issue dealing with this error

Caught internal_error: 'Read past initial payload after incoming encrypted handshake.'.
---DUMP---
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent14internal_error10initializeERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x25a) [0x7f1c8345489a]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(_ZN7torrent14internal_errorC1EPKc+0xb1) [0x55c68615adb1]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(+0x3cfe2) [0x7f1c83449fe2]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent9PollEPoll7performEv+0xca) [0x7f1c8346f91a]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent9PollEPoll7do_pollEli+0x79) [0x7f1c8346fa39]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent11thread_base10event_loopEPS0_+0x123) [0x7f1c834a0583]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(+0x4542c) [0x55c6860fd42c]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf2) [0x7f1c83028002]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(+0x45c6e) [0x55c6860fdc6e]

I have been using the version of this docker that came out 2 years ago running rTorrent 0.9.7 and this error seems to have been fixed with this version onward. Would there be any issue with me using the current version of this docker so I would be able to use ruTorrent 3.9 instead of 3.8 as well as pyrocore and just using pacman to install the current version from the aur which is rTorrent 0.9.8/0.13.8? I am not sure how that would play with how you have the container set up. I have already reported this to pyroscope in hopes that it could get fixed and not have to use a jank setup.

I'm having the same problem as kirk8999 reported on the previous page, just seeing this in the logs out of nowhere. I was running two separate instances, at first one got it and then the other:

2020-07-30 17:23:24,708 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-07-30 17:23:25,311 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '56' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-07-30 17:23:35,608 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2020-07-30 17:23:45,906 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2020-07-30 17:23:56,203 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

I removed my log file, removed the docker container, and recreated it. Here is the new log file and the error I am getting. Thanks!

supervisord_2020_07_30_525pm.log

I'm having the same problem as kirk8999 reported on the previous page, just seeing this in the logs out of nowhere. I was running two separate instances, at first one got it and then the other:

2020-07-30 17:23:24,708 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...
2020-07-30 17:23:25,311 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 12 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:35,608 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:45,906 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:56,203 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

I removed my log file, removed the docker container, and recreated it. Here is the new log file and the error I am getting. Thanks!
supervisord_2020_07_30_525pm.log
It's a pia issue, I had swiss endpoint stop working last night, switch endpoint, I'm now on CA montreal.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Ducco said:

Hi, kinda new to this show, but in the docker settings under host path 2, is the path to the download folder?

yes

1 hour ago, Ducco said:

hi, i try to get this docker to work, i dont use a vpn so i set no where it says vpn, but not getting any ip in docker, tried to set maual ip, any guide?

just watch this video. Works exactly the same way for rtorrent.

12 hours ago, lrx345 said:

I'm having a hard time with Magnet links and this docker. Frequently I get an issue where DHT is unable to connect and download tracker data.

Anyone else running into this?

I'm using PIA with portforwarding set to "only"

Seeing an issue currently with UDP unable to connect, also using PIA.  It finds a multiple list of peers, but none will connect. 

39 minutes ago, lrx345 said:

Can confirm mine is giving UDP errors as well.

Same, but small part of me wants to think it might be linked to PIA's recent bad IP lists which are evident by more Captcha pages, etc. If some of their Port Forwarding servers made it on a blocklist due to some bad apples, it might also be why they re not connecting. I am not seeing the UDP issue on all, but persists on a bunch. 

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Change endpoint then, PIA is currently going through a transition to their next-generation network, outages are being experienced.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

My VPN passport is stamped all over. I wonder if PIA is going to get themselves sorted out.  Are there any other providers that have the ability to do Port Forwarding? Curious about their Wireguard implementation once they get it figured out but assume we would need to use a separate container and route everything through it.   

If it isnt said enough, thank you for the work you do on all of this. 

• binhex locked this topic