binhex

[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

2501 posts in this topic Last Reply

13 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Is there a way to keep it from auto creating that upon startup?

i would suspect you have downloaded and installed a user plugin and this is now clashing with the built in plugins, check the location:-

/config/rutorrent/user-plugins/

are there any plugins in that directory?, if so remove the conflicting plugin and restart the container.

9 hours ago, binhex said:

i would suspect you have downloaded and installed a user plugin and this is now clashing with the built in plugins, check the location:-

/config/rutorrent/user-plugins/

are there any plugins in that directory?, if so remove the conflicting plugin and restart the container.

The plugin isn't there, if i go through the appdata share and look in the same folder I can literally take everything out of it and it will still put that file back at /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extsearch/engines/.

I even tried removing the Docker, it's Image, going stock, it will launch the first time just fine completely stock (yes, I removed the ~/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn directory) and it will do it on the second start.

10 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

The plugin isn't there, if i go through the appdata share and look in the same folder I can literally take everything out of it and it will still put that file back at /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/extsearch/engines/.

I even tried removing the Docker, it's Image, going stock, it will launch the first time just fine completely stock (yes, I removed the ~/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn directory) and it will do it on the second start.

very odd!, firstly the lower case file you mentioned does not exist in the latest image, and i run this image myself and dont have any issues with conflicting plugins so im sure the image is fine, are you definitely running tagged 'latest' image right?, as in the 'Repository' is set to 'binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn'

1 minute ago, binhex said:

very odd!, firstly the lower case file you mentioned does not exist in the latest image, and i run this image myself and dont have any issues with conflicting plugins so im sure the image is fine, are you definitely running tagged 'latest' image right?, as in the 'Repository' is set to 'binhex/arch-rtorrentvpn'

So I've been crazy sick the last week, I was diagnosed with COVID-19, I just decided to try nuking out all the folders in the plugins folder except the theme folder with my backed up appdata folder and now it's working. I could have swore I tested that yesterday. I blame the fever I've been having on and off yesterday and today. I'm sorry, carry on!

Ignore the ramblings of the sick girl!!!! lol

59 minutes ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

So I've been crazy sick the last week, I was diagnosed with COVID-19, I just decided to try nuking out all the folders in the plugins folder except the theme folder with my backed up appdata folder and now it's working. I could have swore I tested that yesterday. I blame the fever I've been having on and off yesterday and today. I'm sorry, carry on!

Ignore the ramblings of the sick girl!!!! lol

np, i hope you fully recover soon.

In response to my previous issue dealing with this error

Caught internal_error: 'Read past initial payload after incoming encrypted handshake.'.
---DUMP---
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent14internal_error10initializeERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE+0x25a) [0x7f1c8345489a]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(_ZN7torrent14internal_errorC1EPKc+0xb1) [0x55c68615adb1]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(+0x3cfe2) [0x7f1c83449fe2]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent9PollEPoll7performEv+0xca) [0x7f1c8346f91a]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent9PollEPoll7do_pollEli+0x79) [0x7f1c8346fa39]
/usr/lib/libtorrent.so.19(_ZN7torrent11thread_base10event_loopEPS0_+0x123) [0x7f1c834a0583]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(+0x4542c) [0x55c6860fd42c]
/usr/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf2) [0x7f1c83028002]
/usr/bin/rtorrent(+0x45c6e) [0x55c6860fdc6e]

I have been using the version of this docker that came out 2 years ago running rTorrent 0.9.7 and this error seems to have been fixed with this version onward. Would there be any issue with me using the current version of this docker so I would be able to use ruTorrent 3.9 instead of 3.8 as well as pyrocore and just using pacman to install the current version from the aur which is rTorrent 0.9.8/0.13.8? I am not sure how that would play with how you have the container set up. I have already reported this to pyroscope in hopes that it could get fixed and not have to use a jank setup.

I'm having the same problem as kirk8999 reported on the previous page, just seeing this in the logs out of nowhere. I was running two separate instances, at first one got it and then the other:

2020-07-30 17:23:24,708 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...

2020-07-30 17:23:25,311 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Exit code '56' from curl != 0 or no response body received
[info] 12 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2020-07-30 17:23:35,608 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left

2020-07-30 17:23:45,906 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left

2020-07-30 17:23:56,203 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

I removed my log file, removed the docker container, and recreated it. Here is the new log file and the error I am getting. Thanks!

supervisord_2020_07_30_525pm.log

I'm having the same problem as kirk8999 reported on the previous page, just seeing this in the logs out of nowhere. I was running two separate instances, at first one got it and then the other:

2020-07-30 17:23:24,708 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com
[info] Attempting to get dynamically assigned port...
2020-07-30 17:23:25,311 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 12 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:35,608 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 11 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:45,906 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 10 retries left
2020-07-30 17:23:56,203 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] 9 retries left

I removed my log file, removed the docker container, and recreated it. Here is the new log file and the error I am getting. Thanks!
supervisord_2020_07_30_525pm.log
It's a pia issue, I had swiss endpoint stop working last night, switch endpoint, I'm now on CA montreal.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi, kinda new to this show, but in the docker settings under host path 2, is the path to the download folder?

7 hours ago, binhex said:

It's a pia issue, I had swiss endpoint stop working last night, switch endpoint, I'm now on CA montreal.

Thanks, working well today. I've been using the France VPN profile

hi, i try to get this docker to work, i dont use a vpn so i set no where it says vpn, but not getting any ip in docker, tried to set maual ip, any guide?

7 hours ago, Ducco said:

Hi, kinda new to this show, but in the docker settings under host path 2, is the path to the download folder?

yes

1 hour ago, Ducco said:

hi, i try to get this docker to work, i dont use a vpn so i set no where it says vpn, but not getting any ip in docker, tried to set maual ip, any guide?

just watch this video. Works exactly the same way for rtorrent.

22 minutes ago, Heciruam said:

yes

just watch this video. Works exactly the same way for rtorrent.

thanks for reply, but still no luck getting an ip in the docker, vpn set to no, tryed to change the iprange to.

I'm having a hard time with Magnet links and this docker. Frequently I get an issue where DHT is unable to connect and download tracker data.

Anyone else running into this?

I'm using PIA with portforwarding set to "only"

12 hours ago, lrx345 said:

I'm having a hard time with Magnet links and this docker. Frequently I get an issue where DHT is unable to connect and download tracker data.

Anyone else running into this?

I'm using PIA with portforwarding set to "only"

Seeing an issue currently with UDP unable to connect, also using PIA.  It finds a multiple list of peers, but none will connect. 

9 hours ago, dewlite said:

Seeing an issue currently with UDP unable to connect, also using PIA.  It finds a multiple list of peers, but none will connect. 

Can confirm mine is giving UDP errors as well.

39 minutes ago, lrx345 said:

Same, but small part of me wants to think it might be linked to PIA's recent bad IP lists which are evident by more Captcha pages, etc. If some of their Port Forwarding servers made it on a blocklist due to some bad apples, it might also be why they re not connecting. I am not seeing the UDP issue on all, but persists on a bunch. 

Change endpoint then, PIA is currently going through a transition to their next-generation network, outages are being experienced.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

Change endpoint then, PIA is currently going through a transition to their next-generation network, outages are being experienced.

My VPN passport is stamped all over. I wonder if PIA is going to get themselves sorted out.  Are there any other providers that have the ability to do Port Forwarding? Curious about their Wireguard implementation once they get it figured out but assume we would need to use a separate container and route everything through it.   

If it isnt said enough, thank you for the work you do on all of this. 

On 8/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, dewlite said:

My VPN passport is stamped all over. I wonder if PIA is going to get themselves sorted out.  Are there any other providers that have the ability to do Port Forwarding? Curious about their Wireguard implementation once they get it figured out but assume we would need to use a separate container and route everything through it.   

If it isnt said enough, thank you for the work you do on all of this. 

The Toronto PIA server seems to be working well for me, right now at least.  I had problems with a bunch of others.

I'm getting a lot of rutorrent timeout errors and login issues with my image.  I have about 1100 torrents running currently.  I know stability is an issue with rutorrent historically.  I've even read and attempted some of the fixes on the tuning website:  Performance Tuning

I've not been able to find anything that really solves this problem yet.  I saw one person recommend the arch-rtorrentvpn image as being more stable.  Debating about giving that a go.

Are there any things you guys or anyone has been able to do to manage a high torrent load and still have rutorrent be functional?  I'd like to go even high in torrent count, but until it's stable I know it will be an issue.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, EC28 said:

I'm getting a lot of rutorrent timeout errors and login issues with my image.  I have about 1100 torrents running currently.  I know stability is an issue with rutorrent historically.  I've even read and attempted some of the fixes on the tuning website:  Performance Tuning

I've not been able to find anything that really solves this problem yet.  I saw one person recommend the arch-rtorrentvpn image as being more stable.  Debating about giving that a go.

Are there any things you guys or anyone has been able to do to manage a high torrent load and still have rutorrent be functional?  I'd like to go even high in torrent count, but until it's stable I know it will be an issue.  Thanks!

I get many "Request to rTorrent has timed out" errors as well, but at least now that I'm on Toronto PIA nothing seems to actually crash..... I haven't been able to figure out whether I should worry about these errors or not. I'm running around 700 torrents currently and it seems to be OK. Would love to know how to tune to max number of torrents and eliminate errors.

28 minutes ago, kirk8999 said:

I get many "Request to rTorrent has timed out" errors as well, but at least now that I'm on Toronto PIA nothing seems to actually crash..... I haven't been able to figure out whether I should worry about these errors or not. I'm running around 700 torrents currently and it seems to be OK. Would love to know how to tune to max number of torrents and eliminate errors.

From my understanding, rTorrent itself isn't actually crashing and is running fine behind the scenes.  ruTorrent is the part having issues.  But when you can't see rTorrent, it's a problem.  (I know you can use the actual rTorrent to see things, but ruTorrent is 1000x easier.)

PIA (Switzerland) connects and ip confirmed to be there. When rutorrent saying port open does not seem to have an impact on speed, but most the time it has port open. My internet is 200/20, so rtorrent config has bandwith limited to 100 down/10 up (12500/1250). In waves ill have full connections at limits, but most the time up/down is less than 1 MB (50+ active torrents or 2). Seeing stuff about PIA transitioning and udp problems, but i have connections (most the time) just speed is almost always minuscule. In the case that this is a disk IO issue, im planning on adding 2 user shares to the container with 1 being cache only (downloading) and the other being normal both (seeding). Have not started this yet because it seems less likely to be the issue. 

On 8/5/2020 at 2:32 PM, EC28 said:

From my understanding, rTorrent itself isn't actually crashing and is running fine behind the scenes.  ruTorrent is the part having issues.  But when you can't see rTorrent, it's a problem.  (I know you can use the actual rTorrent to see things, but ruTorrent is 1000x easier.)

Have had a few issues with seedbox where rutorrent crashes and rtorrent gets stuck, so had to kill and start instead of restart. With this container the few times i have crashed rutorrent it did a similar thing so i had to stop container and then start it again and wait for a longer start time (was like 20 minutes). Monitoring the supervisor log showed that it was working on it tho. Main thing that ive done that has caused crashes so far is dumping too many torrent files into the watch dir at the same time.