[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

54 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

Check the headers on some of the requests when visiting your nextcloud in a browser. If you see double, then chances are there is a config with LetsEncrypt that is also setting headers which you do not want.

Sorry, but don't know how to check the headers.

LetsEncrypt logs or Nextcloud logs?

On ‎02‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 10:07 PM, CHBMB said:

It will be on our website and it will guide you through a fresh install.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hi. I finally got everything to work. I reinstalled everything from scratch both Nextcloud and MariaDB.

Funny enough it was not the reinstallation that fixed the problem. Since I wasnt 100% sure about the reinstallation of Maria I used the guide and discovered that when I was making the admin user I had forgotten to change the "localhost" to my IP:port!

Not my proudest moment:(

Sorry for bothering you with this. I should have checked every setting instead of assuming that it was correct.

I will however read your guide and see what more i might have missed:)

2 hours ago, gshlomi said:

Anyone?

Sent from my LG-K430 using Tapatalk

From Chrome, you can right-click in the page and click on inspector, then from the network tab do a load of the page and you can click on the request and see the request and response headers.

From Chrome, you can right-click in the page and click on inspector, then from the network tab do a load of the page and you can click on the request and see the request and response headers.

10x
I'll check it out as soon as I'll get home...

Check the headers on some of the requests when visiting your nextcloud in a browser. If you see double, then chances are there is a config with LetsEncrypt that is also setting headers which you do not want.

You were correct.
It seems the headers are added in LetaEncrypt's nginx.conf and in Nextcloud's default.
What's the correct location to remove it?
And how come I'm thr only one with this problem?
Just installed both containers from the Community Applications... Haven't done any customization except the reverse proxying in LetsEncrypt default.

BTW - is there a way to combine both dockers into one, using the nginx built into Nextcloud for reverse proxying with LetsEncrypt?

41 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

I have the same setup as you. I let the Nextcloud nginx default config do the work for the headers and leave LetsEncrypt to do only very basic reverse proxying. Seems to keep things simpler.

If you access Nextcloud from outside, and go to the Admin page, doesn't it alert of some security warnings?

SecErr.png

7 hours ago, johnsanc said:

Those errors will be there when you have duplicate header values, even if the values are good. Fix the dupe header issue and see if it goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, already checked it, but don't know why I'm the only one with this problem and where should I fix it...

The way I see these issues at the moment is that we provide a LE container and a Nextcloud container.  We technically only support getting the container up and running.  End config of any container is up to the end user.  The issue you're having is a nginx config issue.  Docker has bought applications to many more people that normally wouldn't dabble with a lot of these things, so we see problems like this.  Then you get changes in Nextcloud and LE coming from upstream and it ends up getting confusing.

I am working on a guide, which is why I'm  not particularly active here, as once I get that finished, it'll show you a config that just works and is secure, and hopefully will remove the need to know "why"

OK, so I've scrapped everything and started over...

Removed Nextcloud, MariaDB & LetsEncrypt containers and config folders under appdata, reinstalled them "by the book":

1. Installed MariaDB, verified that "\appdata\MariaDB-Nextcloud\custom.cnf" includes "binlog_format=mixed" (appears to have changed in the default installation, didn't have to change it by myself).
  2. Installed Nextcloud (11.0.3 was pulled), went through the web configuration phase using InternalIP:Port (ignoring certificate error), Accessing the "Server settings" page internally, everything looks great:
    NC-Internal.PNG.d133c98fda09fce2cc018bedefa0907d.PNG
  3. Installed LetsEncrypt (1.10.3 was pulled), moved all SSL related stuff to "\appdata\LetsEncrypt\nginx\ssl.conf", edited "\appdata\LetsEncrypt\nginx\site-confs\default" to contain:
    # redirect all traffic to https
    server {
    	listen 80;
    	server_name _;
    	return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
    }

# Nextcloud server block
    server {
    	listen 443 ssl;
    	server_name nc.*;
    	include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
    	client_max_body_size 0;
    	location / {
    		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
    		proxy_pass https://192.168.1.100:444;	
    	}
    }

4. Accessing the "Server settings" page externally (after a popup of trusted domain), getting security warnings:
    NC-External.thumb.PNG.fc95c78c518d7cce0e1ccdd9a1bf0a1f.PNG
  5. Following @johnsanc advice, found out I've got the following duplicate settings at "\appdata\Nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default" and "\appdata\LetsEncrypt\nginx\nginx.conf":
    add_header X-Content-Type-Options nosniff;
    add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";
    add_header X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block";
    add_header X-Robots-Tag none;

So now that I've found the exact problem, what would be the better way to fix it?

Which file should I edit and will survive a container update?

I'm tending towards changing "\appdata\Nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default", because I want the added security headers for all of my reverse proxied sites...

Thanks (especially if you've read it all ::))

after the last update i am getting this error, did a little googling and it looks like they are going to fix it. In the interim they post a fix but i'm not sure the syntax the use is the same for this container.

Error

This version of Nextcloud is not compatible with PHP 7.1.
You are currently running 7.1.4.

7 hours ago, ijuarez said:

after the last update i am getting this error, did a little googling and it looks like they are going to fix it. In the interim they post a fix but i'm not sure the syntax the use is the same for this container.

Error

Just checked my install and it's working fine.  Nextcloud version 11.0.3.  Need more info....

12 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Error

Same here. Unfortunately I can't quickly tell you which version of Nextcloud is installed, as I just let it percolate in the background, and now that the interface won't load, I don't know what version it was on. I suspect my version of NC may be behind, since I rarely run the in app updater, or update manually.

I need help with setting up External Storage for Nextcloud to see my Home Media share on my unraid. I am using this Docker and it installs fine but I am at a loss as to what the fields represent. I am new to Unraid and do not have a full understanding of the folder/share structure.  Can someone give me some tips?

Is Host the ip address to the machine, or to the /mnt/user/Home Media/ and/or is Share where I put Home Media? This is probably pretty easy but I am new.

temp.png

Same here. Unfortunately I can't quickly tell you which version of Nextcloud is installed, as I just let it percolate in the background, and now that the interface won't load, I don't know what version it was on. I suspect my version of NC may be behind, since I rarely run the in app updater, or update manually.

Then try updating manually as linked on the first page. We're not going to "fix" this as part of the responsibility of running something like Nextcloud is to maintain it for the sake of your own security. So that would include updating. Regressing PHP imho is not the answer.

3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Then try updating manually as linked on the first page. We're not going to "fix" this as part of the responsibility of running something like Nextcloud is to maintain it for the sake of your own security.

Ok, ok, I get it. Consider my hand whacked by the ruler.

It's just so easy to set it and forget it, especially when you guys release your security updates every week. I guess it would be nice if the containers that need to be updated separately from the weekly base update would have a note or something attached, so we as users know which ones we have to worry about, and which ones get updated completely as part of the base.

Yeah, I know but Nextcloud is kind of a pain when it comes to updates. I can't see any auto-update feature coming any time soon. It would need to be implemented by them not us. The whole maintenance mode thing is part of the issue and apps are the other. Actually what happens during an update is pretty straighforward as far as I can tell though.

55 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

I'm dealing with the same errors.

Which errors? If you are talking about

22 hours ago, ijuarez said:

Error

Then the answer is

4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Then try updating manually as linked on the first page.

This works, it fixes the php version error.

If you are talking about

On 5/5/2017 at 9:31 AM, gshlomi said:

SecErr.png

Then wait for @CHBMB guide.