[SUPPORT] pihole for unRaid - Spants repo

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this weird issue where if i start the pihole docker, it changes the ip address of my entire server which messes with the already established dhcp reservation that i had set for it before hand. I thought that the pihole would count as its own device but in my router settings it does not appear as such. a little help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

My pihole docker is getting quite large - the container is 9.2 GB and the Writable column is 8.89GB.  How do I troubleshoot this and see what the cause is?  The pihole-FTL.db file is about 3.4GB but that appears to be in appdata.

What could be causing this?

edit - I updated the pihole docker and that fixed the problem.  The size fell by over 95% to 328MB.  Leaving this comment here in case it helps someone in the future.

Edited by wayner
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 11:28 PM, wayner said:

My pihole docker is getting quite large - the container is 9.2 GB and the Writable column is 8.89GB.  How do I troubleshoot this and see what the cause is?  The pihole-FTL.db file is about 3.4GB but that appears to be in appdata.

What could be causing this?

edit - I updated the pihole docker and that fixed the problem.  The size fell by over 95% to 328MB.  Leaving this comment here in case it helps someone in the future.

Thanks for this! Force update the container shrunk the container size from 5GB to 300MB.  It must be a log file or something that should be mapped to the appdata dir instead of inside the container.  

I have an older unRAID server that was also getting the docker partition full problem.  I found a way to fix it on these forums - edit your docker and go into extra parameters.  Put this in --log-opt max-size=50m --log-opt max-file=1 as extra parameters and that is supposed to limit your logs to 50 MB each.

edit - Make sure that you have advanced mode turned on to see the extra parameters button.

Edited by wayner