[support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36

Zoneminder updated to 1.30.4.  Release notes are here.  The changes are a security update and some package adjustments for the api (used by zmNinja) that I already handled.

The updated Docker will update your Zoneminder and database in place.

Edited by dlandon
  • Upvote 1

The original location of the Zoneminder logo is no longer available and I had to put a copy of the logo in my repository.  When you update Zoneminder, the logo will turn into a '?'.  To get it back search for Zoneminder in CA and apply the default template and enter your settings.

Sorry, I should have captured the logo and put it in my repository to begin with.

Edited by dlandon
  • 2 weeks later...

"OP" almost universally means Original Poster -- i.e. in this case it would be a reference to dlandon.

A reference to the first post in the thread should simply be that ... e.g. instead of "... Check the links in the OP for ..." it would be clearer to simply say "Check the links in the first post ..."

I deleted my old docker and did a fresh installation.  I am getting these errors in my log upon startup.  Any ideas?  Should this path be /usr/share/appdata/zoneminder/www/?

2017-05-28 10:04:24.812157 web_php  8492 ERR Cannot write to content dirs('events','images').  Check that these exist and are owned by the web account user /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php 159

2017-05-28 10:00:22.938535 web_php  8490 ERR disk_total_space returned false. Verify the web account user has access to events /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 145

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it seems like the logical place to pose this question.

For people using home surveillance, what are the experiences between running this docker vs a virtualized Windows 10 VM with Blue Iris?

I'm running ZM right now.  There's a learning curve, but I'm continually tweaking and improving.  I'm still struggling with motion detection being triggered incorrectly, but this may be an issue with all software.

Edited by Living Legend
On 5/28/2017 at 10:08 AM, matt0013 said:

I deleted my old docker and did a fresh installation.  I am getting these errors in my log upon startup.  Any ideas?  Should this path be /usr/share/appdata/zoneminder/www/?

2017-05-28 10:04:24.812157 web_php  8492 ERR Cannot write to content dirs('events','images').  Check that these exist and are owned by the web account user /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php 159

2017-05-28 10:00:22.938535 web_php  8490 ERR disk_total_space returned false. Verify the web account user has access to events /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 145

Use the default settings.  Your path '/usr/share/appdata/zoneminder/www/' does not make sense and doesn't exist.

The default settings are:

Appdata Config Path: /mnt/user/cache/appdata/Zoneminder

Data path: /mnt/user/cache/appdata/Zoneminder/data

Use these settings.  If you don't have a cache drive, use /mnt/user/appdata...

Edited by dlandon
12 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it seems like the logical place to pose this question.

For people using home surveillance, what are the experiences between running this docker vs a virtualized Windows 10 VM with Blue Iris?

I'm running ZM right now.  There's a learning curve, but I'm continually tweaking and improving.  I'm still struggling with motion detection being triggered incorrectly, but this may be an issue with all software.

I have no experience with Blue Iris.  You probably need to set zones for motion detection.  Don't try to detect motion at a high frame rate.  I recommend setting the camera frame rate to something like 10-15 FPS (or lower) and leave the 'Analysis FPS' blank.  The 'Analysis FPS' will then be the camea FPS.  Set the 'Maximum FPS' and 'Alarm Maximum FPS' slightly higher about 5 FPS higher that the camera FPS.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Use the default settings.  Your path '/usr/share/appdata/zoneminder/www/' does not make sense and doesn't exist.

The default settings are:

Appdata Config Path: /mnt/user/cache/appdata/Zoneminder

Data path: /mnt/user/cache/appdata/Zoneminder/data

Use these settings.  If you don't have a cache drive, user /mnt/user/appdata...

I haven't changed any settings.  Those errors were generated from a default setting installation. 

I looked at (didn't change) my zm.conf file and saw these paths which match the errors I'm receiving.  Are these correct?

# Path to installed data directory, used mostly for finding DB upgrade scripts
ZM_PATH_DATA=/usr/share/zoneminder

# Path to ZoneMinder web files
ZM_PATH_WEB=/usr/share/zoneminder/www

4 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

I haven't changed any settings.  Those errors were generated from a default setting installation. 

I looked at (didn't change) my zm.conf file and saw these paths which match the errors I'm receiving.  Are these correct?

# Path to installed data directory, used mostly for finding DB upgrade scripts
ZM_PATH_DATA=/usr/share/zoneminder

# Path to ZoneMinder web files
ZM_PATH_WEB=/usr/share/zoneminder/www

Yes. They are correct.  Delete the docker and the 'appdata/Zoneminder' folder and start over.  The defaults should work just fine.

10 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Yes. They are correct.  Delete the docker and the 'appdata/Zoneminder' folder and start over.  The defaults should work just fine.

I deleted the docker and 'appdata/Zoneminder' folder and did another fresh installation.  I'm getting the same errors in my log over and over.

web_php  8492 ERR Cannot write to content dirs('events','images').  Check that these exist and are owned by the web account user /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php 159

web_php  8490 ERR disk_total_space returned false. Verify the web account user has access to events /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 145

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

I deleted the docker and 'appdata/Zoneminder' folder and did another fresh installation.  I'm getting the same errors in my log over and over.

web_php  8492 ERR Cannot write to content dirs('events','images').  Check that these exist and are owned by the web account user /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php 159

web_php  8490 ERR disk_total_space returned false. Verify the web account user has access to events /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 145

Capture.JPG

Did you change any of the default settings?  Is your docker.img full?  Set the advanced switch to on and be sure to delete any orphaned docker images.

I am running a few Amcrest PRO HD IP2M-842EW on Zoneminder,  My general settings on ZM are shown below. I have left all of the FPS options blank.

I'm having an issue where as I continue to decrease the FPS on the camera itself, from the high of 30fps all the way down to 5fps, the delay grows.  At 30fps I'm about half a second behind the stream from Amcrest Software.  When I get down to 5fps, I fall 3+ seconds behind live.

Any idea why this happens and if there is a resolution?

0e43575be346407f8248cdec9dcf0aab.png

Edited by Living Legend
47 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Did you change any of the default settings?  Is your docker.img full?  Set the advanced switch to on and be sure to delete any orphaned docker images.

I didn't change any settings.  My docker.img is not full and there are no orphaned docker images. 

Should I have a directory /usr/share/zoneminder in mystem?  If I am supposed to, I currently do not.

20 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

I am running a few Amcrest PRO HD IP2M-842EW on Zoneminder,  My general settings on ZM are shown below. I have left all of the FPS options blank.

I'm having an issue where as I continue to decrease the FPS on the camera itself, from the high of 30fps all the way down to 5fps, the delay grows.  At 30fps I'm about half a second behind the stream from Amcrest Software.  When I get down to 5fps, I fall 3+ seconds behind live.

Any idea why this happens and if there is a resolution?

0e43575be346407f8248cdec9dcf0aab.png

I don't understand what the delay is that you are talking about.  Delay where?

18 minutes ago, matt0013 said:

I didn't change any settings.  My docker.img is not full and there are no orphaned docker images. 

Should I have a directory /usr/share/zoneminder in mystem?  If I am supposed to, I currently do not.

The /usr/share/zoneminder is inside the docker.  It is not user configurable.  There are some symlinks in that folder to the appdata folder.  I suspect that your appdata folder has an issue and the symlinks won't work.

Go to a command line and enter this command:

ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder/

Show the output.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

The /usr/share/zoneminder is inside the docker.  It is not user configurable.  There are some symlinks in that folder to the appdata folder.  I suspect that your appdata folder has an issue and the symlinks won't work.

Go to a command line and enter this command:

ls -l /mnt/user/appdata/Zoneminder/

Show the output.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.  Here is what I received.

Capture2.JPG

1 hour ago, matt0013 said:

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this.  Here is what I received.

Capture2.JPG

Go to a bash session in the docker using:

docker exec -i -t Zoneminder bash

Then execute this command:

ls -l /usr/share/zoneminder/www

Post the results from that.

then this command:

ls -l /var/cache/zoneminder/

Post the results from that.

• dlandon changed the title to [support] dlandon - Zoneminder 1.36