Djoss

[Support] Djoss - CloudBerry Backup

179 posts in this topic Last Reply

Support for CloudBerry Backup docker container

Application Name: CloudBerry Backup
Application Site: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/linux.aspx
Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/cloudberry-backup/
Github: https://github.com/jlesage/docker-cloudberry-backup

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Djoss

Does this work with Google Drive? The website says it does but maybe it's a different version because I don't see it. Just Google Cloud.

Edit: I guess the Linux version has fewer supported cloud providers.

Edited by bobbintb

You are right, the Linux version has less features than the Windows counterpart.

I will open a ticket with the CloudBerry support to ask if there is any plan to add support of Google Drive.  I know the Windows version has it.

So the answer I got from CloudBerry is that they do have plan to add support for Google Drive, but there is no ETA.

If you cannot create a 'Glacier' account, I think you need to use Amazon S3. Then, in your AWS console, you create a lifecycle policy that put everything into Glacier.

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

If you cannot create a 'Glacier' account, I think you need to use Amazon S3. Then, in your AWS console, you create a lifecycle policy that put everything into Glacier.

Interesting. I'll go look for that.

Also, check Backblaze B2: I think its pricing comes close to Glacier...

Trying to use this with Backblaze but every time the docker restarts it wipes all configurations and presents me with the activation window. Thoughts?

Is your /config folder properly mapped?

1 minute ago, Djoss said:

Is your /config folder properly mapped?

I left it at default. Should it be manually mapped?

No, but just double check that it is mapped to something like /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup.

Also, are you using the trial or you have a registration key?

42 minutes ago, ksignorini said:

Interesting. I'll go look for that.

I just saw that the lifecycle policy is supported by CloudBerry Backup.  Just select Edit->Lifecycle Policy to select folders going to Glacier.

3 minutes ago, Djoss said:

No, but just double check that it is mapped to something like /mnt/user/appdata/CloudBerryBackup.

Also, are you using the trial or you have a registration key?

I'm using the Free version although with the demise of Crashplan I may as well go ahead and buy one. Just not sure if I can get away with the Pro or if I need the Ultimate -- their site references storage limits but doesn't say what they are. 

It's working well for me, but I will try to reproduce with a free version, just in case it is saving stuff outside /config...

And if it's possible for you, can you try to remove the container and its folder under appdata, then re-install using the Community Apps plugin, keeping all default settings?

55 minutes ago, Djoss said:

I just saw that the lifecycle policy is supported by CloudBerry Backup.  Just select Edit->Lifecycle Policy to select folders going to Glacier.

Odd that the how-to videos on their website show it as a separate service.

I'll probably go with B2 if I go the CBB route, anyway.

So I've tested CBB (your container, @Djoss) and I can backup from my unRAID box and restore to my Mac (with Mac client) from the same backup set (making sure that the "prefix" is set the same). I'm testing using a free B2 account.

However, I can't restore back to my unRAID box. Ever. In the same location or another location. The restore always fails.

Any ideas?

Fail.jpg

Edited by ksignorini

By default, the /storage volume is read-only. This can be changed in container's settings.
You can do a quick test and restore the file in /tmp to see if it's working.

2 hours ago, Djoss said:

By default, the /storage volume is read-only. This can be changed in container's settings.
You can do a quick test and restore the file in /tmp to see if it's working.

I've tested and it restores nicely to /tmp (inside the container). 

But, how do I make /storage r/w for the container? This would be necessary in the case of a larger, needed restore. (I can't seem to find a setting in the Edit screen of the docker. I'm pretty new to dockers.)

In the container's settings, click on "Show advanced settings ...", near the bottom of the page.  You will see the mapping for the storage.  To be able to edit it, you need to enable the page's Advanced View: At the right-top of the page, click on Basic View.

If you don't want to change the defaults, an other solution is to add a new path mapping that will be R/W.  For example, the container path could be /restore.

Does this app support 'always on' type backups like CrashPlan? Like, as soon as a new item appears in the folder, it will be pushed to the cloud? 

Or is does it only backup at a schedule?

If it makes any difference, I think I would use it with Backblaze B2.

Thanks.