[Support] Djoss - HandBrake

I am trying to use this docker and when I try to encode a file I get

Destination: /storage/videos/temp

Can not read or write the directory

There seems to be a permissioning issue.  The permissions to the folder are the following (I got this from an ssh session from root and going to /mnt/user/media/videos.  Note that I get the same error when trying to use handbrake_recodes as the destination.

drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 4096 Jun 30 19:28 handbrake_recodes/
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    6 Jan 24  2022 handbrake_watch/
drwxrwxrwx 1 wayne  users   48 Nov  4 13:44 temp/

In the logs I also get a message that doesn't make sense as this folder does exist.
[autovideoconverter] ERROR: Cannot process watch folder '/watch', because the associated output directory '/mnt/user/media/videos/handbrake_recodes/' doesn't exist.

Or am I mapping something wrong in the docker setup for the folders?

On 10/28/2023 at 1:33 PM, culilaren said:

Updata to the :latest, tried to use QSV to decorde and conversion, i add video to watch, after less than 1 minute, i got a 44b mp4, it just dosen't work. how to solve that? 

image.thumb.png.38184adc1873eb61420f5368e79d07b3.pngimage.thumb.png.fd03953e020476b2b85783d0f952a957.png

Is it working when encoding with the same preset with the GUI ?

Also, you may look at /mnt/user/appdata/HandBrake/log/hb/conversion.log to see if there is more details.

On 11/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, wayner said:

Destination: /storage/videos/temp

You should save videos under /output instead.  By default, the mapping to /storage is read-only.

On 11/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, wayner said:

In the logs I also get a message that doesn't make sense as this folder does exist.
[autovideoconverter] ERROR: Cannot process watch folder '/watch', because the associated output directory '/mnt/user/media/videos/handbrake_recodes/' doesn't exist.

Or am I mapping something wrong in the docker setup for the folders?

Yes something needs to be incorrectly configured.  Can you share the container's config ?

9 hours ago, alturismo said:

not really, also as the process is "killed" you would have to determine the exact frame and so on ...

Couldn't it just restart the encode that was interrupted?  It seems to reset the encode that was in process and when I manually click "start" it resumes from the beginning of that file.

Edited by InReasonNotFish
new info
12 hours ago, InReasonNotFish said:

Couldn't it just restart the encode that was interrupted?  It seems to reset the encode that was in process and when I manually click "start" it resumes from the beginning of that file.

this is something you should rather request to handbrake ...

like here https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues

technically spoken, the encoder would have to write out some "state" file so it knows where to resume and so on ... or you would need to analyse the current encoded file state first ... but thats nothing related to this docker, its related to handbrake itself.

and actually, i dont know any encoder which supports this feature (reboot and continue).

34 minutes ago, alturismo said:

this is something you should rather request to handbrake ...

like here https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues

technically spoken, the encoder would have to write out some "state" file so it knows where to resume and so on ... or you would need to analyse the current encoded file state first ... but thats nothing related to this docker, its related to handbrake itself.

and actually, i dont know any encoder which supports this feature (reboot and continue).

As I said, I'm just hoping for it to restart the queue.  No need to resume anything in progress.  Just encoding what is left in the queue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

is there a way to open multiple files at a time rather than one at a time like to do a whole season of a tv show without having to open each file individually and add to the queue without using a watch directory?

also is there a way to to have the files output to a folder that is named the same as the folder the source file is in? i tried {source-path} {source} but that didn't work. trying to do like how the windows desktop version does outputting

Edited by jcofer555
update to first question
4 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

is there a way to open multiple files at a time rather than one at a time like to do a whole season of a tv show without having to open each file individually and add to the queue without using a watch directory?

You could try File -> Open Directory

4 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

also is there a way to to have the files output to a folder that is named the same as the folder the source file is in? i tried {source-path} {source} but that didn't work. trying to do like how the windows desktop version does outputting

Note that the Windows version is not exactly the same as the Linux one.  I think what you want is not part (yet) of the Linux version.

17 hours ago, Djoss said:

You could try File -> Open Directory

Note that the Windows version is not exactly the same as the Linux one.  I think what you want is not part (yet) of the Linux version.

oh my i missed the open directory in file :( lol i was using open source haha thank you for that

it's odd that in the container it mentions {source-path} in the automatic name like in the screenshot but it doesn't provide any output at all if i use it so it's not interpreting it correctly it seems. this isn't such a huge deal but would be nice to see the linux version add it at some point (i know not under your control for that though).
thank you for the response :) 
image.png.b18c0c272a203cfce1c3c193ded11311.png

Edited by jcofer555
15 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

oh my i missed the open directory in file :( lol i was using open source haha thank you for that

it's odd that in the container it mentions {source-path} in the automatic name like in the screenshot but it doesn't provide any output at all if i use it so it's not interpreting it correctly it seems. this isn't such a huge deal but would be nice to see the linux version add it at some point (i know not under your control for that though).
thank you for the response :) 
image.png.b18c0c272a203cfce1c3c193ded11311.png

After a little bit more investigation, it seems that the "source-path" parameter is working under Linux.  However, HandBrake will use the source path only if it is writeable.  By default, /storage inside the container is read-only, thus if your video is coming from there, the "source-path" parameter won't work.  If you want /storage to be writable, you can edit the "Storage" parameter of the container and change "Access Mode" to "Read/Write".  You have to switch to the "Advanced View" to be able to perform this.

15 hours ago, jcofer555 said:

is there a way to have what's displayed on the webui title where it says HandBrake, can that be changed somehow?

It's currently not possible (unless you edit the page yourself inside the container), but I think plugins exist that allow you to rename a browser tab.