[support] dlandon - ownCloud

On 4/18/2022 at 8:55 PM, HHUBS said:

Thanks for this. I have 3 questions for this.

1. Can this be use PostgreSQL instead of MariaDB? I hear that PostgreSQL can improve performance. Is that true?

2. How can I access mariaDB using admirer?

3. I can't login on the desktop client but web is working. It says 403 forbidden. I have 2FA and OAuth2 enabled. Can you help?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I think this has something to do with OAuth2 and using a reverse proxy. When I change the URL to the IP address of the container, I get the login screen. However, when I use the domain from the reverse proxy, I get a 403 error. I noticed that there is a configuration missing in nginx (for /.well-known/openid-configuration). But I think there is something else missing that is preventing this. If I figure it out I'll post it.

Ok, so I figured it out what was going on. There are several things that are needed in order to make it work with Oauth2. In my case, I'm using Nginx Proxy Manager:

In the config.php, you need to add your trusted domain and trusted proxy IP address. Trusted proxy is an array and you put the IP address of your proxy.

In the default file inside site-confs (nginx folder), you need to add a rewrite:

# The following rule is added for Oath Configuration from a reverse proxy
  rewrite ^/.well-known/openid-configuration /index.php/apps/openidconnect/config permanent;

You have to restart the container after adding the config.

Finally, in proxy manager do not include any exploit blocking (turn off Block Common Exploits).

After doing these changes, I can now use proxy manager both on the web and the desktop clients work.

I'm having some problems with loading my files in the WebUI. It works fine with the Desktop Client and even works fine with the iOS app on my phone, but not in the WebUI, even when using different browsers and different PCs. I just get a spinning loading wheel indefinitely and in the browser console this is visible, does anyone know what this could be? Maybe a DB or Webserver issue? I'm on the latest container and the latest version (10.11)

image.png.e005c3b0c069532403a74a412e682c80.png

On 8/25/2022 at 12:25 PM, pettam said:

I had the same error.

Make sure '/config/database' is owned by abc:users.

1. In Unraid/Docker tab, click ownCloud icon -> Console
  2. Run command: ls -l /config
  3. If it doesn't say "... abc users ... database", run command: chown abc:users /config/database

..that solved it for me.

Thank you very much! I did solve the issue for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

I tried to upload a file with a size of approximately 1.6G. It failed.

Even when I set client_max_body_size to 0 in the config files under server and http.

I reverted everything back to the values before. Now the docker stuck at '*** Running /etc/my_init.d/60_get_owncloud.sh...' during the boot process.

The config files I found does not tell me anything related to the boot process.

Has anyone had a similar situation and can give me a tip?

In case this has alreaby been discussed, sorry, I did not read all the 16 pages due to lack of time.

Many thanks in advance

BR,

Sascha

6 hours ago, bonox said:

Owncloud is up and running. It just took very long. I guess more than 30 minutes.

Any explanation for that?

The first time ownCloud runs, it has to configure php for the version you have set in the xml.  It shouldn't take that long.  If it happens again, watch the log and you'll see what's happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for responding quickly.

I restart the container very rarely. I'll keep it in mind to check the logs. Checking the logs actually should be the first thing to do :) Don't ask me why I did not do?! Might be that I thought the docker log is enough .....

• 1 month later...

so i just installed this own cloud  trying it out didnt care for the nextcloud  as it doesnt save my files on the array in a folder.. so trying out this one....  but i dont know how to update php???

i get this error

This version of ownCloud requires at least PHP 7.4.0
You are currently running PHP 7.2.34-38+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1. Please update your PHP version.

i didnt know i have php installed

11 hours ago, comet424 said:

so i just installed this own cloud  trying it out didnt care for the nextcloud  as it doesnt save my files on the array in a folder.. so trying out this one....  but i dont know how to update php???

i get this error

This version of ownCloud requires at least PHP 7.4.0
You are currently running PHP 7.2.34-38+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1. Please update your PHP version.

i didnt know i have php installed

Edit the ownCloud docker template and change the PHP Version setting:

Screenshot 2023-06-07 094108.png

I just installed this today, and if I have it configured to use br0 as the network, and a fixed/static IP, I'm seeing lots of errors in the log:

Err:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 bsdmainutils amd64 11.1.2ubuntu3
  Temporary failure resolving 'archive.ubuntu.com'
Err:2 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ondrej/php/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libpcre2-16-0 amd64 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
  Temporary failure resolving 'ppa.launchpad.net'
Err:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ondrej/php/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libpcre2-32-0 amd64 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Err:4 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libuchardet0 amd64 0.0.6-3build1
Err:5 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ondrej/php/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libpcre2-posix3 amd64 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Err:6 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 groff-base amd64 1.22.4-4build1
Err:7 http://ppa.launchpad.net/ondrej/php/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libpcre2-dev amd64 10.40-1+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
Err:8 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 libpipeline1 amd64 1.5.2-2build1

If I switch to use the bridge network and set a custom port number, then it goes through the whole setup process and I can land at the ownCloud install screen in the browser.  Soon as I restart the container on br0, it tries to go through the whole setup process again with the same set of errors.  What gives?  What am I doing wrong, what should I look at?

For further information... looking at my Unifi router page, I can see the docker for ownCloud, or what I believe it to be, based on the MAC address - but its not assigning itself an IP Address, even though I have that filled in on the template.  No IP == no connectivity... so why isn't the IP passing through?

I have mine set with 'Custom: br0' network and a fixed IP address, so I know it can be done.  It appears there is an issue with your network.  Check your network setting in Settings->Docker.  Be sure the 'IPv4 custom network on interface br0:' is set properly and your ownCloud IP address is set in that range.

I'm assuming that's gotta be it... but here's my settings:

image.thumb.png.e75f0367c6e206c6236a1d2952bccc05.png

I've got another docker (pihole) also running on the br0 network, and that doesn't seem to have any issues. It's configured for 192.168.1.2 as its IP -- and no, there's no other device on my network at 192.168.1.252 at this time. I also tried .15 for kicks as well.

38 minutes ago, rswafford said:

I've got another docker (pihole) also running on the br0 network, and that doesn't seem to have any issues. It's configured for 192.168.1.2 as its IP -- and no, there's no other device on my network at 192.168.1.252 at this time. I also tried .15 for kicks as well.

ownCloud uses port 443 for https access.  Unraid also uses port 443 as the default.  Be sure they don't conflict and that port 443 is passed to ownCloud through your router.

42 minutes ago, dlandon said:

ownCloud uses port 443 for https access.  Unraid also uses port 443 as the default.  Be sure they don't conflict and that port 443 is passed to ownCloud through your router.

Unsure what exactly you're getting at here. If ownCloud is on its own IP address, then it shouldn't matter if unraid does use 443 or not. It's a different IP than my Unraid server listens on.

Just in case, I updated the docker config to map port 8443 (unused by anything else on Unraid at all) into the ownCloud docker. Still getting the same errors. 

I also spun up an instance of Nextcloud using the same br0 network, on 192.168.1.5, and it works perfectly fine. Really stumped here. 

Hello,

I haven't found solution here so i ask you some help...

I'm trying to setup that owncloud, but i can't manage to pass the setup webui.

Here is what i type to create admin account, and DB settings :

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f1e9fefbf687d0e28edf7a314e67325.png

But it always says it can't write to /config/www/owncloud/data

image.png.5bf9af73aca0de3e6020cc8763b95870.png

image.png.0ea0773c00cbbf3ff8afc5d4c18c3700.png

Here is the container setup :

Spoiler

image.png.a12df059cdd5cf62adc7748f2115bb9f.png

anyone having an idea of what's wrong ?

Thanks

Edited by Trichelieu
On 8/6/2022 at 6:08 PM, dlandon said:

You can set the following in the config.php file and it will scan for new files:

'filesystem_check_changes' => 1,

Thanks a ton! Works like a charm. 

I manually moved a few hundred GB when I switched to this from FileRun (since they discontinued their free version) and it worked perfectly. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, after upgrading unraid to version 6.12.3 2023-07-14 I'm no longer able to upload, delete or change files. No matter if I try it by web ui or mobile apps. Last log entry is from 2023-08-02T18:36:13+00:00. That means logging stopped from that point.

By the attampt to upload a file via Android app I can see a push message telling me it is not possible to upload due to insufficient rights. I checked with ls -l /config ->

grafik.png.d90671986f0ee965bd2659e1233e858d.png

But most directories and files underneath have root:users. Only a few have abc:users

Is that correct or has it abc:users as well?

grafik.png.0923337301e99342cb7ec98a365750d1.png

BR,

Sascha

Edited by bonox

It looks like your 'data' is mapped incorrectly.  Your 'data' directory is supposed to be mapped to '/config/':

root@7619b6d5b2c3:/config# ls -la
total 12
drwxrwxrwx  8 abc  users   99 Jun  5 09:12 .
drwxr-xr-x  1 root root   226 Apr 28 12:46 ..
-rwxrwx---  1 abc  users 3753 Aug 11  2018 custom.cnf
drwxrwx--- 11 abc  users 4096 Jul 27 16:55 data
drwxrwxrwx  5 abc  users 4096 Aug  4 08:43 database
drw-rw----  2 abc  users   38 Apr 13 07:26 keys
drwxrwxrwx  4 abc  users   32 Aug 11  2018 log
drwxrwx---  3 abc  users   64 Aug  4 08:43 nginx
drwxrwxrwx  3 abc  users   22 Aug  6 08:42 www

This is probably because you didn't set the data directory when you set up ownCloud to '/data' as mentioned in the original post.

• 3 weeks later...