[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

Hi,

Unfortunately my server is located in a place that is not convenient for swapping discs. I don't have much experience with UNRAID or know much about servers/networks in general. I was wondering if I could use my optical drives from my windows PC over the network in UNRAID (and this MakeMKV container). I was able to share one of my drives as a network share in windows. Using the unassigned devices plugin I can get it to appear in UNRAID as a networked drive in /mnt/remotes/xxx.xxx.x.xxx_AsusBD (my.IP.Address_ShareName). I can access the file system of the disc in UNRAID but unfortunately it does not appear as a device and does not have a srx or sgx assignment. Does anyone know if what I am trying to do is even possible? Has anyone successfully been able to map networked optical drives for use in this container? Running down and up three flights of stairs every time I need to swap discs is getting a bit old.

I would understand if it's not possible, I was mostly just wondering if anyone more capable than I am has had a similar issue and was able to come up with a solution.

Thank you

33 minutes ago, SamCam619 said:

I was wondering if I could use my optical drives from my windows PC over the network in UNRAID

In this case why not just use the Windows version of MakeMKV and set the output to an Unraid location?

I use the MakeMKV docker container for Unraid directly on my server with an optical disk drive installed there but I also use MakeMKV on a Windows PC with an optical disk drive which outputs to an Unraid share.  Both output to the same location and I can be ripping from both at the same time.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

In this case why not just use the Windows version of MakeMKV and set the output to an Unraid location?

I use the MakeMKV docker container for Unraid directly on my server with an optical disk drive installed there but I also use MakeMKV on a Windows PC with an optical disk drive which outputs to an Unraid share.  Both output to the same location and I can be ripping from both at the same time.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that, the more complex and, likely, impossible solution was the one that came to mind first.

I'm testing it out now and it appears to be working.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to increase the amount of log lines displayed when selecting the Logs docker option of MakeMKV? Right now, it seems to only show the last 90 log lines. I know I can go view the full log under /var/lib/docker/containers/, but I was hoping to just increase the amount of viewable log lines from the Logs option. The reason I want to increase the number of displayed log lines is because the log is quickly rolling over when I start the container, and I lose the information regarding what optical drives it found so that I can determine the device IDs. I am planning to add a few more optical drives to my server and just want the process of looking up the device IDs to be a bit simpler vs. having to go look at the full log.

On 9/14/2024 at 8:10 AM, Rojma said:

Is there a way to increase the amount of log lines displayed when selecting the Logs docker option of MakeMKV? Right now, it seems to only show the last 90 log lines. I know I can go view the full log under /var/lib/docker/containers/, but I was hoping to just increase the amount of viewable log lines from the Logs option. The reason I want to increase the number of displayed log lines is because the log is quickly rolling over when I start the container, and I lose the information regarding what optical drives it found so that I can determine the device IDs. I am planning to add a few more optical drives to my server and just want the process of looking up the device IDs to be a bit simpler vs. having to go look at the full log.

?
stop all dockers > then go to settings dockers disable docker >
image.thumb.png.dedcf78f722f28c56d789b095b8e79fd.png

With docker stopped. You now have accesses to the docker log settings. Increase docker log size. Apply and enable docker.

https://docs.docker.com/engine/logging/configure/
you may need to add extra parameters to add more logging options to the docker...

--log-opt mode=non-blocking --log-opt max-buffer-size=4m

image.png.66d3dd19de7c5b50ffdf405c50c9d4fe.png

Edited by bmartino1
On 9/14/2024 at 8:10 AM, Rojma said:

It also sounds like you have log rotation on and the size set low.

It best to jsut add the devices at the end to capture you optical disk drive:

image.png.d680127ef2db8e15ae1db42d11c2f07c.png

click add at the bottom
image.thumb.png.99e25e7e7d72c6709366d3a681373dbc.png

you need 2 min sr0 and sg1

you can also look at unraid host and get the path to your disk drive.

root@BMM-Unraid:~# ls /dev/{cdrom,sr*,sg*}
/dev/cdrom@  /dev/sg0  /dev/sg1  /dev/sg2  /dev/sg3  /dev/sg4  /dev/sg5  /dev/sg6  /dev/sr0  /dev/sr1
root@BMM-Unraid:~# 

Have more then 1 disk drive you can also run:

lshw -C disk

image.png.f58ce86596cd14d7ed10879c74daf972.png

Edited by bmartino1
help to find disks