dmacias

unRAID 6 DevPack - Dev tools (gc, gcc, glib, make, etc.)

40 posts in this topic Last Reply

You will have to deselect some of the packages that still show update after clicking Apply (deletes the package). Then reselect them and apply. I don't really have a way of dealing with build number changes on the same version. e.g. autoconf-2.69-noarch-1.txz upgrading to autoconf-2.69-noarch-2.txz.  I'll see if I can do something about that.

3 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 8/18/2018 at 8:19 PM, Kyubey said:
Could you add Ruby please?

Let me know if it needs other packages

I just tried the ruby package and it seems to install as expected etc, but gem doesn't work correctly, giving an error I don't understand about openssl (despite the openssl package being installed by DevPack)

ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)
	libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)
    undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

(Doubly weird because /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so totally does exist and permissions seem fine.)

EDIT: I also had to manually install libyaml-0.1.6-x86_64-1.txz to get YAML support for Ruby, although I don't know how niche that is and whether it's generally necessary or not.

Edited by alexp2_ad

I just tried the ruby package and it seems to install as expected etc, but gem doesn't work correctly, giving an error I don't understand about openssl (despite the openssl package being installed by DevPack)
ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.soERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)   undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

(Doubly weird because /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.so totally does exist and permissions seem fine.)

EDIT: I also had to manually install libyaml-0.1.6-x86_64-1.txz to get YAML support for Ruby, although I don't know how niche that is and whether it's generally necessary or not.

I think the problem is a mismatch of openssl. Ruby 2.5.1 was compiled with openssl 1.1. UnRAID uses 1.02. I downgraded ruby to 2.25 and added yaml.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:52 PM, dmacias said:
On 8/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, alexp2_ad said:

ERROR:  Loading command: install (LoadError)libssl.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /usr/lib64/ruby/2.5.0/x86_64-linux/openssl.soERROR:  While executing gem ... (NoMethodError)   undefined method `invoke_with_build_args' for nil:NilClass

I think the problem is a mismatch of openssl. Ruby 2.5.1 was compiled with openssl 1.1. UnRAID uses 1.02. I downgraded ruby to 2.25 and added yaml.

Thanks, this got Ruby and gem working for me.  For anyone else coming here trying to use gem to install stuff, I also had to install:

autoconf, automake, binutils, gc, gcc, glibc, guile, kernel-headers, libmpc, make

All of which were in the devpack. 

Can you please update glibc for example. If it gets installed parts of unRAID 6.6.3 show serious problems.

Thanks.

Can you please update glibc for example. If it gets installed parts of unRAID 6.6.3 show serious problems.

Thanks.

It has already been updated. However this plugin was meant to be used on a dev system for compiling packages for unRAID. unRAID is a mix of Slackware current and I cannot always keep up with every package change or incompatibility. I don't scour through every release thread either. I do try to compare unRAID releases against this repo. So unless someone posts in this thread about a problem with a package in this repo, I may not know.

So moving forward I'm going to strip out every inherent unRAID package in this plugin and only include the headers for those packages.

I updated a few c compiler packages and added a few. Also updated glibc to add a couple missing files. The files with o extensions (e.g. crtl.o) in /usr/lib64.  You'll need to deselect glibc, apply then reselect and apply

Edited by dmacias

glibc says it is installed for me, but as far as I can tell it is not. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it etc etc. Any recommendations?

glibc says it is installed for me, but as far as I can tell it is not. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling it etc etc. Any recommendations?
What version of unRAID?

DevPack appears to be incompatible with either the kernel or system packages on Unraid 6.7.0. My server froze while booting after an upgrade, and I fixed it by removing DevPack.