Lost Plex Media

lockrob2000

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction with this.

When I got home today and checked Plex, none of my media was available. It is all there, I can access it using other means, but seem to have lost the connection in Plex. I thought that maybe the install got corrupted so I deleted the App and reinstalled, but cannot duplicate the path to the media. It says that mnt/user/medai/Movies (etc) is not a valid path.

Is there somewhere I can look in the system to find the correct path to my media folders? I am sorry if this seems like a very noob question, but I am stumped.

thanks-

He posted a link which explains what to do to get the logs, etc.

I'm not sure if it helps, but in your first post you mention /mnt/user/media/Movies but in your Docker Containers screenshot it shows /mnt/user/Movies (missing media directory).

Anyway, it's impossible to say without some logs. I'd probably try using docker exec to open a bash shell and then look at the mappings within the container to see if I can actually see my content or not.

The movies show up but are marked as "unavailable". I CAN get to them and play them outside of Plex however.

And the screenshot shows the path to the share folders. There is nothing in the "Media" folder. I changed the path to reflect this, and the install works, just none of the movies are available. If I use the other path the install fails.

I also checked the logs

image.png.ac9398999eadebeafc6d7a53664fcfc8.png

A question for me now is what is "Host Path 2" which does reference the empty "Media" folder?

Just now, kizer said:

Do yourself a HUGE favor and use the Backup app from CA. 

Saved my Bacon a few times when I've deleted things off my Cache drive. O.o

I used it for the first time today to restore some appdata, damn tar file was 50GB!! O.o

(Just unpacked the specific subfolder I needed from the tar using the command line rather than the whole appdata folder.)

Agreed though, it is mighty useful.

Archived