DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.8

20 minutes ago, jsmontague said:

Thanks @endystrike. I went back to 2.10 and was able to run benchmark on drives individually. When I try and benchmark all drives at once, I check the box to ignore speed gaps yet during the benchmarking it gets hung up.1876382791_Screenshot2023-01-26at8_33_03AM.thumb.png.62785b2da51d5562a71626d305b788d2.png

I got that alert too, I just disabled flagging the correct box and no other issue appeared after...

image.png.a04957be28cc4befc8821497018931f8.png

Edited by endystrike
3 minutes ago, jsmontague said:

I have that checked already.

try disabling other dockers, sut down VMs, ensure mover is not running and make sure you're not accessing the drives from elsewhere during the benchmark...

This is the main reason why speed gap detection occurs.

By the way, I still get that alert but with that box flagged, the test continues anyway.

Since they benchmark individually fine each time with no issue or speed gap detection error makes me feel like its something else going on, but appreciate the help. I have a server full of new to me disks I really needed to check outside of a pre-clear for issues so being able to run them all makes me feel better! 

Edited by jsmontague

image.thumb.png.2f9d75241a652979cf9455025471d52a.png

I checked the code and I bet this is a 6TB drive but doesn't have an exact 6.00TB capacity. I found a flaw in that scenario that wasn't honoring the MaxGap selection and it was probably reading the very tail end of the drive so I added the MaxGap logic at an initial 90MB gap limit.

Regarding benchmarking solid state drives, I ditched the "dd" command in favor of the "fio" utility. I hope to have the current bugs fixed soon along with switching to using fio. I will still utilize dd for spinners.

The dd command simply had too much overhead in pulling from /dev/random. While not as much overhead, there still was some utilizing /dev/zero. Using the fio utility, I was able to utilize the full bandwidth.

Edited by jbartlett
  • Thanks 2

Unraid install version Version 6.11.1 2022-10-06 

Just installed Dec 27, 2022 build and opened webpage.  Not sure what I could really do.

Info began scrolling then the last line without error begins the screen output:

20:45:48 Found drive SanDisk Ultra Fit Rev: 0 Serial: 4C530000130429221162 (sda), 1 partition

Lucee 5.3.10.97 Error (expression)

Messagekey [PARTITIONS] doesn't exist

StacktraceThe Error Occurred in
/var/www/BuildQuickRef.cfm: line 24

22: <!--- Build RAID Members --->
23: <CFIF StructKeyExists(HW[Key].Ports[PortNo],"Partitions")>
24: <CFLOOP index="i" from="1" to="#ArrayLen(HW[Key].Ports[PortNo].Partitions.Partitions)#">
25: <CFSET UUID=Trim(HW[Key].Ports[PortNo].Partitions.Partitions.UUID)>
26: <CFIF UUID NEQ "">

called from /var/www/ScanControllers.cfm: line 2304

2302: </CFIF>
2303:
2304: <CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="BuildQuickRef.cfm">
2305: <CFSET json=SerializeJSON(Ref)>
2306: <CFFILE action="write" file="#PersistDir#/storageref.json" output="#json#" addnewline="NO" mode="666">

called from /var/www/ScanControllers.cfm: line 2223

2221: </CFIF>
2222: </CFIF>
2223: </CFLOOP>
2224: <CFIF IsStruct(OldHW)>
2225: <!--- Restore other variables --->

14 hours ago, jbartlett said:

image.thumb.png.2f9d75241a652979cf9455025471d52a.png

I checked the code and I bet this is a 6TB drive but doesn't have an exact 6.00TB capacity. I found a flaw in that scenario that wasn't honoring the MaxGap selection and it was probably reading the very tail end of the drive so I added the MaxGap logic at an initial 90MB gap limit.

I would wager you are right. Will keep an eye on the support channel for the next version with the fix but for now 2.10 allowed me to at least run through all the disks which is good enough for now. Thanks for the continued effort, really appreciate this tool!

Edited by jsmontague

When I start the drive benchmarking, I'm getting a blank screen! Thinking it may be a browser issue, I've used FireFox and Edge. This is on a Dell T320 with an H710 flashed to IT mode. I've got eight very old drives, with Preclear flagging a drive as being slower than the others. Please let me know how to troubleshoot. This is my second go at an UnRAID box, but I still think of myself as a newbie.

DiskSpeed Blank Screen when Benchmarking.png

And, now it shows, so nevermind...

Hey, I'm having a problem similar to a couple folks from a few pages back.  When I bring up the diskspeed page, I see no graph of the previous results:

image.png.94910a1af129546d6fe93750e444d3ef.png

I get the same thing if I click on any of the controllers.  Interestingly, if I click on any of the drives, I do see the graph of all the previous results.  And when I just benchmarked everything this morning, when it completed I was take the page with the graph of all the results.  Anything I should try, or info that might help resolve this?

Edited by stanger89
On 1/27/2023 at 3:41 PM, SpicyITC said:

When I start the drive benchmarking, I'm getting a blank screen! Thinking it may be a browser issue, I've used FireFox and Edge. This is on a Dell T320 with an H710 flashed to IT mode. I've got eight very old drives, with Preclear flagging a drive as being slower than the others. Please let me know how to troubleshoot. This is my second go at an UnRAID box, but I still think of myself as a newbie.

This is how it looks when the Highcharts graph encountered an error launching. Viewing the browser Console might give hints. In Firefox/Chrome, right-click on a blank area and select "Inspect", then click in the Console tab.

Looks like that's what's happening in my case above (not sure why it worked for a time):

Uncaught Error: Highcharts error #16: www.highcharts.com/errors/16/
    f highcharts.src.js:220
    E highcharts.src.js:1660
    f highcharts.src.js:242
    <anonymous> highcharts.src.js:20
    <anonymous> highcharts.src.js:24
highcharts.src.js:220:34
    f highcharts.src.js:220
    E highcharts.src.js:1660
    f highcharts.src.js:242
    <anonymous> highcharts.src.js:20
    <anonymous> highcharts.src.js:24

I overhauled the SSD benchmarking for the 2nd time. If you've been having issues benchmarking, please try this version before I push it to the "latest" tag.

Edit your DiskSpeed repository to: jbartlett777/diskspeed:2.10.3

Keep in mind that you will need to add the UNRAID mount path to the DiskSpeed settings as a path variable.

Values
Config Type: Path
Name: UNRAID
Container Path: /mnt/UNRAID
Host Path: /mnt
Access Mode: Read/Write

For other Docker installations, an example is -v '/mnt':'/mnt/Host':'rw' if you have all your SSD's mounted under /mnt. You may need more than one volume parameter if they are mounted in different areas.

@jsmontague@Nargousias@endystrike@RealActorRob@dopeytree

• Thanks 1
  • jbartlett changed the title to DiskSpeed, hard drive benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.3 with SSD benchmarking
1 hour ago, therapist said:

Getting an error w/ nvme and ssd:

image.thumb.png.43d291eed6da29bb6f8ff81bcc4ecd74.png

I am positive that there are partitions on the disk

It's not that there are no partitions, it's that no partitions are mounted in a way the app can see them. Did you set up a mapping in the DiskSpeed settings? More information is in the FAQ link shown.

image.png.c3dc0e096c8c6aaaa2123e7ecb85cb0e.png

Edited by jbartlett
8 hours ago, GRRRRRRR said:

I am writing to harshly criticize this plugin for not properly including USB connected HDDs and displaying them as flash drives.

I am infuriated with hellfire rage.

Is it on github so I can see where the problem is and click Assign Blame button ?

You can assign blame to me.

External HDD's were originally excluded because there was no reliable way to ensure against performance issues due to being connected via USB. They will be allowed in version 3 which is in development.

• Like 1

Let's do it easier?

Disable "include in stas", if the controllers (and PCI-e speeds) are limiting the storage device?

Treat USB as normal HBA.

Further streamline and simplification optimization  proposal integrate with disklocation plugin.

Further proposal put most on github and some - on lime-tech enterprise github..  if some needs to be still secret? No idea if this aligns with how they do.

12 hours ago, AshranPewter said:

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place, but HDDB isn't showing any graphs or benchmarks.

I'm trying to compare my data to see if there's anything wrong with my new drives.

Lots of 404s in the network dev tools and such.

Cheers

It's the perfect place. I recently moved the websites to a different host. My old host had multiple sites located in one directory and driven by the domain name. The new server had them properly broken out and the Highcharts library wasn't copied over to the strangejourney.net site.

Fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Is anyone else having major issues with this container lately? its been running incredibly slow and the benchmarking side has been taking 5mins ish to load, and wont display graphs. 

Starting a benchmark just spins and console spits out 

Benchmark.cfm:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: A listener indicated an asynchronous response by returning true, but the message channel closed before a response was received

On the main page, while waiting for the benchmarks side to load, console throws a ton of highmark errors: 

VM236 highcharts.js:12 Uncaught Error: Highcharts error #16: www.highcharts.com/errors/16/
    at Object.<anonymous> (VM236 highcharts.js:12:238)
    at y (VM236 highcharts.js:18:319)
    at Object.g [as error] (VM236 highcharts.js:12:161)
    at VM247 highcharts.js:8:236
    at VM247 highcharts.js:8:271
(anonymous) @ VM236 highcharts.js:12
y @ VM236 highcharts.js:18
g @ VM236 highcharts.js:12
(anonymous) @ VM247 highcharts.js:8
(anonymous) @ VM247 highcharts.js:8
VM236 highcharts.js:12 Uncaught Error: Highcharts error #16: www.highcharts.com/errors/16/
    at VM255 highcharts.js:8:236
    at VM255 highcharts.js:8:271
(anonymous) @ VM255 highcharts.js:8
(anonymous) @ VM255 highcharts.js:8
    at VM263 highcharts.js:8:236
    at VM263 highcharts.js:8:271
(anonymous) @ VM263 highcharts.js:8
(anonymous) @ VM263 highcharts.js:8
    at VM271 highcharts.js:8:236
    at VM271 highcharts.js:8:271
(anonymous) @ VM271 highcharts.js:8
(anonymous) @ VM271 highcharts.js:8
    at highcharts.src.js:20:13
    at highcharts.src.js:8:2

5 hours ago, zeroframes said:

Is anyone else having major issues with this container lately? its been running incredibly slow and the benchmarking side has been taking 5mins ish to load, and wont display graphs. 

Starting a benchmark just spins and console spits out 

Benchmark.cfm:1 Uncaught (in promise) Error: A listener indicated an asynchronous response by returning true, but the message channel closed before a response was received

On the main page, while waiting for the benchmarks side to load, console throws a ton of highmark errors: 

Can you try it in a different browser? Searching for the uncaught error showed that it might be related to browser add-on's.

You can ignore the highchart 16 warnings, they are benign.

• jbartlett changed the title to DiskSpeed, hdd/ssd benchmarking (unRAID 6+), version 2.10.8