[support] digiblur's Docker Template Repository

I recently had an issue whereby the camera stream from a ring doorbell stopped working, tried to resolve but couldn't so bit the bullet, uninstalled & re-installed everything.  But the process has changed since I orignally installed using an earlier version & updated, however this time I had problems which might be worth considering looking at / fixing if possible.

Kicked off stopping the ring-MQTT container, renamed the data folder, then deleted the container
Then removed the ring authorised client device from my Ring online web portal
However trying to install the ring-mqtt container via Unraid Apps is where things didnt go quiet right.
So within the 'add container' page you can configure the basic settings (eg data path / mqtt host / username / password / Enabled cameras:true / snapshot mode: all) but when I try to start the container - it just keeps restarting - when I try to look at the logs the page just closes.

Reading though the docker install on the wiki, it confirms you need a config.json in order for it to start up.  But looking in the data folder this file isn't created.  I thought as I'd entered the basic parameters on the 'add container' page this would be covered, but it doesn't seem so.

The way around this was for me to copy my previous config.json file to the new data folder, at which point the docker would fire up & remain running.  That then allowed me to use the http://<host>:55123/ to obtain the refresh token - and all was good.

Looking at the contents of the config.json this included some of parameters I had configured when setting up the container

{
    "mqtt_url": "mqtt://user:[email protected]:1883",
    "mqtt_options": "",
    "livestream_user": "",
    "livestream_pass": "",
    "disarm_code": "",
    "enable_cameras": true,
    "enable_modes": false,
    "enable_panic": false,
    "hass_topic": "homeassistant/status",
    "ring_topic": "ring",
    "location_ids": [
        ""
    ]
}
/

Is there a need to change the template you provide to accommodate for this as I'd image could cause first time users (on Unraid) some problems ?  Thanks

Hey Im running a 6.12.4 Unraid Server und just installed the Zigbee2MQTT Docker.

The docker image is supposed to create a folder with a config file in Appdata (the usual stuff...). Unfortunately the install process creates only an empty folder without the config file that I need to edit to get the docker to start in the first place.

I reinstalled the image as well as restarted the server but the issue persists. The logs read as follows:

cp: can't stat '/app/configuration.example.yaml': No such file or directory
Using '/app/data' as data directory
Creating configuration file...

Does anyone else experience the issue?  

2 hours ago, Alku1 said:

Hey Im running a 6.12.4 Unraid Server und just installed the Zigbee2MQTT Docker.

The docker image is supposed to create a folder with a config file in Appdata (the usual stuff...). Unfortunately the install process creates only an empty folder without the config file that I need to edit to get the docker to start in the first place.

I reinstalled the image as well as restarted the server but the issue persists. The logs read as follows:

Does anyone else experience the issue?  

Same as on 6.11.x when I tried a new z2m container.  I rolled back the version of z2m to a year ago for funsies and it creates the yaml file.  I might have missed this new "feature" in the changelogs of z2m but it does look like the current version no longer creates the sample configuration yaml file for you.  You have to create it manually now.  

There is a minimal yaml config here you can use  to get the GUI up, then once the GUI is running you can just add/change whatever else.  https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/configuration/

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Johnyb62 said:

I recently had an issue whereby the camera stream from a ring doorbell stopped working, tried to resolve but couldn't so bit the bullet, uninstalled & re-installed everything.  But the process has changed since I orignally installed using an earlier version & updated, however this time I had problems which might be worth considering looking at / fixing if possible.

Kicked off stopping the ring-MQTT container, renamed the data folder, then deleted the container
Then removed the ring authorised client device from my Ring online web portal
However trying to install the ring-mqtt container via Unraid Apps is where things didnt go quiet right.
So within the 'add container' page you can configure the basic settings (eg data path / mqtt host / username / password / Enabled cameras:true / snapshot mode: all) but when I try to start the container - it just keeps restarting - when I try to look at the logs the page just closes.

Reading though the docker install on the wiki, it confirms you need a config.json in order for it to start up.  But looking in the data folder this file isn't created.  I thought as I'd entered the basic parameters on the 'add container' page this would be covered, but it doesn't seem so.

The way around this was for me to copy my previous config.json file to the new data folder, at which point the docker would fire up & remain running.  That then allowed me to use the http://<host>:55123/ to obtain the refresh token - and all was good.

Looking at the contents of the config.json this included some of parameters I had configured when setting up the container

{
    "mqtt_url": "mqtt://user:[email protected]:1883",
    "mqtt_options": "",
    "livestream_user": "",
    "livestream_pass": "",
    "disarm_code": "",
    "enable_cameras": true,
    "enable_modes": false,
    "enable_panic": false,
    "hass_topic": "homeassistant/status",
    "ring_topic": "ring",
    "location_ids": [
        ""
    ]
}
/

Is there a need to change the template you provide to accommodate for this as I'd image could cause first time users (on Unraid) some problems ?  Thanks

I don't recall this container building this file for you and the wiki has instructions on the setup https://github.com/tsightler/ring-mqtt/wiki/Installation-(Docker)

• 1 month later...

Just starting using TasmoAdmin, and a couple of questions.  When I change the name of my device does it just change the device name displayed in TasmoAdmin, or does it also change the name on the device?  Or something else.

I don't know if you maintain the code for this, but the Autoscan for me only had a 50% hit rate.  I currently have 4 devices and it only found 2.  The other 2 I was able to add manually.

Can I suggest that you pull down the name of the device from Tasmota, as in S31, Basic R2 or whatever.  Why not show this in the device list?

2 hours ago, wayner said:

Just starting using TasmoAdmin, and a couple of questions.  When I change the name of my device does it just change the device name displayed in TasmoAdmin, or does it also change the name on the device?  Or something else.

I don't know if you maintain the code for this, but the Autoscan for me only had a 50% hit rate.  I currently have 4 devices and it only found 2.  The other 2 I was able to add manually.

Can I suggest that you pull down the name of the device from Tasmota, as in S31, Basic R2 or whatever.  Why not show this in the device list?

I only maintain the template, it is pointing to the official project docker container.  I've switched to Tasmobackup myself as I had too many issues with Tasmoadmin causing watchdog resets and rebooting Tasmota devices.

22 hours ago, bigbangus said:

Why does ESPHome utilize all the processors available to my docker service when building the firmware to update an ESPHome device?

image.png.e4ed2ae8fe960e84cb855c96062eb5ba.png

image.png.109d8bd26ded45c6388797fb82b89409.png

image.png.da3c718915a851efcc5806ab9b523cd8.png

image.png.37fb461744e340771ec224731b0e2470.png

Probably due to all the disk I/O and that's the UnRaid not the container. You can try mapping to the folder /cache in the container to say /tmp/espcache on the host. If of course you have enough memory to hold the temp files. It speeds things up quite a bit. 

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, digiblur said:

Probably due to all the disk I/O and that's the UnRaid not the container. You can try mapping to the folder /cache in the container to say /tmp/espcache on the host. If of course you have enough memory to hold the temp files. It speeds things up quite a bit. 

Yup it's dialed now. Thank you sir. is this worthy of a template update? I feel like this should be standard.

And on a personal note, welcome to the bald head club. It suits you well!

image.png.6933f6fb05cc08311b4690187abfb959.png

Edited by bigbangus
On 11/15/2023 at 7:14 AM, bigbangus said:

I just have to highlight that mapping /cache in the container to /tmp/espcache on the host results in significantly faster compiling speeds in ESPHome. So if you feel like it takes forever to update your ESPHome devices because of slow compiling, I will definitely recommend this change.

Thanks, definitely enjoying the speed of the /cache mapping and the speed of the hair prep in the morning! 

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been running the ESPHome docker for quite some time now. I managed to build 3 ESP devices of my own, but when I look at them in ESPHome, they always say OFFLINE.

image.thumb.png.f766d0fcb0c80dfecba2c56df80cffb0.png

What am I missing here? Is it a network config issue? I've got it set to HOST, which, I believe, is the default...

Please LMK what other info you need to help me out.

5 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

I have been running the ESPHome docker for quite some time now. I managed to build 3 ESP devices of my own, but when I look at them in ESPHome, they always say OFFLINE.

image.thumb.png.f766d0fcb0c80dfecba2c56df80cffb0.png

What am I missing here? Is it a network config issue? I've got it set to HOST, which, I believe, is the default...

Please LMK what other info you need to help me out.

Host should work but if you have vlans involved mdns might be me making it across and need an mdns repeater enabled. You can turn on the ping option environment variable 

That was all Greek to me, so I'm gonna say "no". The only time I've changed Host to Bridge or vice versa is on direct instructions from someone trying to help me fix something. No VLANs MDNSs or anything else fancy. All devices (except internal dockers) have a 192.168.*.* IP address.

Took a look at the ESPHome config page and don't see a Ping option. Is that something that needs to be manually added?

UPDATE: Yes, sorry, I do see the use ping and it is set to 'true'. I set that a week or so ago, and things remain offline.

Edited by FreeMan
6 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

That was all Greek to me, so I'm gonna say "no". The only time I've changed Host to Bridge or vice versa is on direct instructions from someone trying to help me fix something. No VLANs MDNSs or anything else fancy. All devices (except internal dockers) have a 192.168.*.* IP address.

Took a look at the ESPHome config page and don't see a Ping option. Is that something that needs to be manually added?

UPDATE: Yes, sorry, I do see the use ping and it is set to 'true'. I set that a week or so ago, and things remain offline.

Host is what it should be set to. Can you hit the logs on the devices and do they show? 

1 minute ago, digiblur said:

Can you hit the logs on the devices and do they show?

No dice:

INFO ESPHome 2023.11.4

INFO Reading configuration /config/ambient-humidity.yaml...

INFO Starting log output from ambient-humidity.local using esphome API

WARNING Can't connect to ESPHome API for ambient-humidity: Error resolving IP address: [Errno -2] Name or service not known (APIConnectionError)

INFO Trying to connect to ambient-humidity in the background

On 11/27/2023 at 10:05 PM, digiblur said:

Remove the use ping maybe? 

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Amazingly, that fixed it. I must have, for some odd reason, initially installed this in bridge mode and just never realized it. I've never had this ESPHome docker recognize any of my ESP devices. I'd built a couple, used this to edit the YAML, but then installed it through an ESPHome installed on my desktop...

TYVM!

• 1 month later...

Having an issue getting Plateminder to install properly.  I have installed both dockers below:

open-alpr-http-wrapper

platminder

I have a separate vlan that is created on the unRaid server:

172.16.100.0/22

Both of these containers have static IPs assigned to them.  I did notice that when i initally created the plateminder docker the config.yaml was created as a directory instead of a file.  Also, there were no permissions on the docker so I added to keys for the PUID and PGID to be 99/100.

I am a little confused on the plateminder config below is what I currently have:

###############

sources:
  # Have an RTSP stream?
  - type: rtsp
    name: frLPR
    url: 'rtsp://plateminder:[email protected]:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0'
    # How often an image should be captured.
    # Increments are in seconds. Fractional values (i.e. "0.5") can be used for
    # sub-second capturing.
    captureInterval: 1
    # By default, plate-minder will restart a source if it ends with an error
    # code. Setting alwaysRestart to true will restart a source whether it ends
    # with an error code or not.
    alwaysRestart: false

# Globally applied filters
# Filter jpeg frames. Currently 'motion' and 'mask' filters are available.
# Filters are processed in the order they are defined
filters:
  # Masks out a portion of the frame. Note that any pixels within the mask
  # cannot be used for detection.
  - type: mask
    # Optional. Outputs an image to the './data' path
    # debug: true
    shapes:
      # Shapes are a series of x/y coordinates
      - 1267,0,1920,0,1920,100,1267,100 # Timestamp, top right
  # Crops the frame down to the largest area of motion detection
  - type: motion
    # Optional. Outputs an image to the './data' path
    # debug: true

openALPR:
  # Path to ALPRToHTTP server
  url: http://172.16.100.55:3000/detect
  # OpenALPR supports the following country codes:
  #   "au" => Australia
  #   "auwide" => Australia Wide
  #   "br" => Brazil
  #   "br2" => Brazil Two Line
  #   "eu" => Europe
  #   "fr" => France
  #   "gb" => United Kingdom
  #   "in" => India
  #   "kr" => South Korea
  #   "kr2" => South Korea Two Line
  #   "mx" => Mexico
  #   "sg" => Singapore
  #   "us" => United States
  #   "vn2" => Vietnam Two Line
  country_code: 'us'
  # Attempts to match the plate number against a plate pattern
  # (e.g. md for Maryland, ca for California)
  # OpenALPR supports the following pattern codes based on the selected country
  # See: https://github.com/openalpr/openalpr/tree/master/runtime_data/postprocess
  pattern: 'us' # optional

# Record detected license plate information
recorders:
  # Output to a SQLite database
  - type: sqlite
  # Output to an MQTT host
  - type: mqtt
    url: <mqtt address>
    # Optional - Default base topic is 'plate-minder'
    baseTopic: plate-minder
    # Optional - Home Assistant Auto Discovery support.
    hassDiscovery:
      enable: true
      discoveryPrefix: homeassistant
    # Connection options can be found here:
    # https://github.com/mqttjs/MQTT.js#client
    #mqttOptions:
      username: username
      password: mypassword
  # Output files to a folder
  - type: file
    # Naming pattern of files to store.
    # Tokens ({{DATE}}, {{TIME}}, {{SOURCE}}, and {{PLATE}}) are replaced with
    # dynamic values.
    pattern: './data/images/{{DATE}}/{{SOURCE}}/{{TIME}}_{{PLATE}}.jpeg'
    # Files older than retainDays will be removed.
    retainDays: 30

###############

I set the openalpr address and port but not sure which mqtt server address to use.  If I take the record section out of the config, it seems to start up.  I would like to have this integrated into Home Assistant but there isn't much documentation for it.  Would also like to have the web portion of plateminder too but don't see that in unraid.