[Support] Djoss - QDirStat

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Posted (edited)

Support for QDirStat docker container

Application Name: QDirStat
Application Sitehttps://github.com/shundhammer/qdirstat
Docker Hubhttps://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/qdirstat/
Githubhttps://github.com/jlesage/docker-qdirstat

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Djoss
  • Like 3

Nice, still use windirstat from time to time.

just found and installed this great little Docker and am doing my first scan.

I do have some questions:

> once this rather lengthy scan is done (about 20TB of data), is it persistent by default, or will I have to do something to "save" the scanning results?  (is that what "Write to cache file" is for, maybe?)

> I am still scanning, so maybe that's why, but the menus become unresponsive at some point when I click my way through them, and I have gotten black screen artefacts in its UI...I am afraid to do a page-reload bc I don't know whether the progress is persistent (is it?), but is this expected behaviour while scanning is in progress?

> I noticed the "Filemanager from here" menu item...does it have its own filemanager or does it somehow route me to my installed Krusader Docker?

Since I do a lot of manual balancing of data between my disk shares, this Docker will be a lot of help as the Disk Usage function in Krusader isn't persistent and takes too long to be practical for my purposes.

6 hours ago, tillkrueger said:

> once this rather lengthy scan is done (about 20TB of data), is it persistent by default, or will I have to do something to "save" the scanning results?  (is that what "Write to cache file" is for, maybe?)

If you want to keep the result of the scan to consult it later, you need to save it using the "Write to cache file" function.

> I am still scanning, so maybe that's why, but the menus become unresponsive at some point when I click my way through them, and I have gotten black screen artefacts in its UI...I am afraid to do a page-reload bc I don't know whether the progress is persistent (is it?), but is this expected behaviour while scanning is in progress?

I also experiment some slowdown in the UI when scanning.

Reloading the web page as no effect on the application, since you are just accessing the app'UI via VNC.

> I noticed the "Filemanager from here" menu item...does it have its own filemanager or does it somehow route me to my installed Krusader Docker?

The file manager is not supported in this container.  However, you can use the "Open Terminal Here" function.

• Like 1

thanks for clarifying, Djoss...fine piece of work, and thank you very much for that!

Posted (edited)

Hi,  

im trying to get this to work. In the UI i get the top menu items and nothing is displayed. There is a red circle with an X that says 

server disconnected code 1006.

I left all docker settings to the default.

Any ideas? I really want to get it to works.

thank you

H.

EDIT:

Nevermind... its working. Either it needed time to load, or I was using it in my iPad and it does not support the interface.

Thank you very much for this!

H.

Edited by hernandito