[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

1 hour ago, sundown said:

Attempting to call, via qbittorrent's "run external command" functionality, an API call from another container (cross-seed) to check if a torrent can be cross seeded at the torrent's completion.  The command is:  curl -XPOST http://ipaddress:2468/api/webhook --data-urlencode "name=%N".  I was hoping that the LAN_ADDRESS worked both inbound and outbound - but appears to only impact incoming requests to qbittorrent (for the UI).  Do I have any options?

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Q27 worked for me.

VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS:  2468

Using my unraid ip address and not the docker hostname.

curl -XPOST http://192.168.2.222:2468/api/webhook --data-urlencode "name=%N"

The cross-seed docker logs confirms search for cross-seeds after torrent download is completed.

• Like 1

Well now today I am able to login to the webui and seeding is working fine but none of the other dockers pointing to this one (sonarr, radarr, etc) are able to connect.  As indicated before, QBitTorrentVPN is on the default (ip) bridge network while the other dockers are on a custom (macvlan) network.  All work fine otherwise.  Essentially, nothing is able to connect to QBitTorrentVPN since the last UnRaid and QBitTorrentVPN updates.  One of those updates 'fixed' something which has sporatically 'broken' QBitTorrentVPN.

Ill work more on this after work tonight...  <sigh>

• 2 weeks later...

I woke up to qbittorrentvpn not working, here is what I am seeing in the log.

insmod: ERROR: could not load module /lib/modules/iptable_mangle.ko: No such file or directory

2023-10-11 06:25:54,413 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to load iptable_mangle module, you will not be able to connect to the applications Web UI or Privoxy outside of your LAN

2023-10-11 06:25:54,413 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] unRAID/Ubuntu users: Please attempt to load the module by executing the following on your host: '/sbin/modprobe iptable_mangle'

I pasted the command that it shows there in the terminal, the error went away but it still won't allow access to the UI, and a tracker says I am not connected. Not sure where to go next.

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

@binhex Can you or anyone please check this log. I am unable to access the container it was running fine yesterday.

supervisor log.txtsupervisor log.txt 27.72 kB · 2 downloads

Question:

Why this line:  2023-10-11 10:33:41.655184 [info] VPN remote server(s) defined as 'ip,'

Mine contains addresses for my DNS servers (perhaps youre just being cautious and edited for security)?

2 hours ago, lightsout said:

@binhex Can you or anyone please check this log. I am unable to access the container it was running fine yesterday.

supervisor log.txtsupervisor log.txt 27.72 kB · 3 downloads

from your log:-

2023-10-11 10:39:48 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

see Q17:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

2 hours ago, binhex said:

from your log:-

2023-10-11 10:39:48 [UNDEF] Inactivity timeout (--ping-restart), restarting

see Q17:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Dang man you're good. I've had two issues and both were with my VPN provider. I'll start there next time thank you.

If anyone reads this down the road, the VPN server I had chosen was down for maintenance.

I am in the process of switching over to Nginx Proxy Manager, and I have gotten all of my other containers to work with it.  However, I cannot gain access to the qBittorrent webui when I have the VPN enabled, this is even when I am using the local IP/port number for the container.  I saw recent posts about VPN issues, so I made sure I had the latest opvn file from my VPN provider.

supervisord.log.zip

Edited by scb147
On 10/13/2023 at 5:41 PM, scb147 said:

I am in the process of switching over to Nginx Proxy Manager, and I have gotten all of my other containers to work with it.  However, I cannot gain access to the qBittorrent webui when I have the VPN enabled, this is even when I am using the local IP/port number for the container.  I saw recent posts about VPN issues, so I made sure I had the latest opvn file from my VPN provider.

supervisord.log.zip 9.15 kB · 1 download

I've been still struggling with this, I even attempted to use the binhex-deluge container, same issue.

If I use the "Bridge" network, deluge/qbittorrent webui both work both connecting locally with the VPN enabled.  If I use the custom br0 network (created by the Nginx Proxy Manager container), I can only connect to the webui locally when I am not connected to the VPN.  My assumption is it has to do with the LAN_NETWORK configuration, but it already is set to 192.168.1.0/24.  My deluge/qbittorrent containers are statically assigned 192.168.1.5 with the br0 network.

I am not getting an instant error message from the browser when attempting to load the webui, it times out.

4 hours ago, scb147 said:

My deluge/qbittorrent containers are statically assigned 192.168.1.5 with the br0 network.

the docker container is designed to work in bridge mode, the only alternative to this is to assign the docker container a static ip on a different network to your LAN, setting the container to use a static ip in your LAN (as you have done) will not work.

16 hours ago, binhex said:

the docker container is designed to work in bridge mode, the only alternative to this is to assign the docker container a static ip on a different network to your LAN, setting the container to use a static ip in your LAN (as you have done) will not work.

This makes sense as to why qbittorrent was working with swag.  I checked docker to see what drivers each network was using. And the network driver that was created for swag (based on the spaceinvader video) is using the bridge driver, but the network the NPM container created uses the macvlan driver.  I'm not sure why the NPM container creates one with macvlan, but that is for a discussion in that container thread.

I moved the qbittorent (and NPM) container over to a bridge driver network, and things work as expected.

Thanks for the help!

Hi, im trying to run a script when the vpn connection is up. (to inform a site that i have changed ip)

Is it correct to use parameter --script-security 2 --up /data/mymustoken/token.sh in the Container Variable: VPN_OPTIONS ?

i have chmod +x the scriptfile.... am totally on the deep end here as i dont know how the scripting within the docker works.

When i try this it seems to be looping and not starting the gui.

Edited by orlando500
4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

PIA is probably the easiest to setup but I know Mullvad does work.

4 hours ago, bumperjeep said:

Is there a preferred VPN provider specifically for this container? It looks PIA is the most supported, does AirVPN or Mullvad work better here?

And don't forget protonvpn support has been added, so that should work out of the box too including port forwarding.

I've recently switched from using PIA to ProtonVPN with the container. PIA always worked flawlessly, but my wireguard connection using ProtonVPN frequently disconnects and spend long periods of downtime trying to re-establish a connection. I've tried multiple servers (making sure they're P2P enabled) but it keeps happening. I'm not really clear on what's causing the container to disconnect.

Has anyone experienced similar issues with ProtonVPN?

Good day everyone, got a odd one here.
Literally no public torrent will work, magnet links will be stuck on "downloading meta data" downloaded torrent files will go straight to "stalled"
Private torrents are totally fine.
(I did update just now to see if fixed, it did not)

Public flies and magnet links work totally fine just with qbit on my desktop computer.
I have made no changes to my networking setup or qbit, just stopped working overnight.

Any ideas?

Hi Binhex and friends!

I'm stumped, not sure where to go from here. My container was running perfectly (for at least a few months), but all of a sudden stopped uploading and downloading. I suspect it has something to do with these lines in my supervisord.log but I'm not totally sure:

2023-10-23 20:06:01,252 DEBG 'start-script' stderr output:
could not detect a useable init system

Afterwards I see several "Operation not permitted" errors.

2023-10-23 20:28:37,682 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] DNS failure, creating file '/tmp/dnsfailure' to indicate failure...

2023-10-23 20:28:37,687 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
touch: cannot touch '/tmp/dnsfailure': Permission denied
2023-10-23 20:28:37,688 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stderr output:
chmod: changing permissions of '/tmp/dnsfailure': Operation not permitted

2023-10-23 20:28:37,705 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to get external IP using 'http://checkip.amazonaws.com'...

2023-10-23 20:28:47,992 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Failed on last attempt, attempting to get external IP using 'http://whatismyip.akamai.com'...

Any idea what might be happening?

Here is my supervisord.log file in case that helps- if this isn't something I should be posting to the internet please let me know so I can remove it hehe.

Edited by gray-pouch1731

Hi there, thank you for providing this docker - worked for me flawlessly... until now 😀
Somehow since 2 days I am not able to reach the WebUI anymore and Jackett is also not able to reach privoxy.

What I have tried so far:

1. Completely removed the container and re-deployed without VPN and Privoxy - did not fix it
  2. Had ProtonVPN with Wireguar set up previously, configured it with the the new option. VPN is able to connect and is able to map ports, but instance still not coming up.
  3. Deactivated all other Dockers to avoid a port issue - did not help

Important to note is that I did not change the network configuration or the environment. Network should be configured correctly (because it worked before(?))

The instance is stuck here:

2023-10-24 11:22:57,961 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '38236'

2023-10-24 11:23:13,687 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent listening interface IP 0.0.0.0 and VPN provider IP 10.2.0.2 different, marking for reconfigure

2023-10-24 11:23:13,691 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent not running

2023-10-24 11:23:13,691 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent incoming port 6881 and VPN incoming port 38236 different, marking for reconfigure
[info] Removing session lock file (if it exists)...

2023-10-24 11:23:13,708 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] Attempting to start qBittorrent...

2023-10-24 11:23:13,735 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process started
[info] Waiting for qBittorrent process to start listening on port 8080...