[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser

Thanks.  Enabled it, selected one of the failed movies and got this error:

[matroska,webm @ 0x152de0e5d180] Could not find codec parameters for stream 2 (Subtitle: hdmv_pgs_subtitle (pgssub)): unspecified sizeConsider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options

So, it doesn't like movies with Subtitles in them or something?

Yea. Pgs subs are images, not text. They cannot be converted to txt. Your problem is you are trying to remux it into another container (mkv) which does not support pgs subs codec for subtles.

You can select the option in settings to remove subtle streams. That should resolve your problem. But you will then need to also download your subtitles separately after the conversion if you still want them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
On 2/20/2020 at 1:20 PM, Squid said:

Then to be honest you don't have enough cooling in your system.  IMO, any computer (server / desktop / laptop/ phone) has to be able to handle a full CPU load at any given time for extended periods.

3 choices:

Increase the cooling

Downgrade the CPU to something that doesn't run as hot

Experiment with the docker run command to limit the maximum CPU that the app can use (google docker run reference)

I have added two fans on top of the case, and a be quiet cpu cooler and this program still raises temps 40 degrees high.

I just did this yesterday!!!

Edited by Bandit_King

Hi,

I just installed this docker but can't figure out how to start the conversion.

This is my setup in the container:

/config   -----   /mnt/user/appdata/unmanic
/library/movies/   -----   mnt/user/Media/Movies/
/library/tv/   -----   mnt/user/Media/TV
/tmp/   -----   unmanic/tmp

I tried to start from path /library/movies/ and path /library/tv/ but nothing starts.

Looking at log there's no error, just this message:

[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting migrations
There is nothing to migrate

any hint?

4 hours ago, Jokerigno said:

Hi,

I tried to start from path /library/movies/ and path /library/tv/ but nothing starts.

[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting migrations
There is nothing to migrate

any hint?

image.png.0379824fbe60cf397afa2e0c0f2166f5.png

Hi,

[services.d] starting services[services.d] done.Starting migrationsThere is nothing to migrate

any hint?

Once in the GUI Under library path mine is just /library

Under the container settings see my screen caps.

7398b0371e2d49f8195f2a425048b1e9.jpgf4392af633f0314fe70a336ee2f1c42c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 1/11/2020 at 10:15 AM, randomusername said:

Is there any way to do this automatically or do you have to manually go through all movies one by one?

On 1/12/2020 at 6:51 AM, rmeaux said:

Not automatically but you can bulk edit right now and then proceed from there. 

From your movies tab, you can click on "Movie Editor" and then select the movies you're happy with and choose "Unmonitor" and update that way. 

I found it easier when I first started using radarr was to unmonitor everything and only re-monitor the few I needed or waiting on. 

There is a way to do it automatically:

Radarr > Settings > Media Management > (Toggle Advanced Settings > Shown) > File Management > Unmonitor Deleted Movies

1387045084_ScreenShot2020-03-01at15_49_59.png.71b0c079383ab817cf78dd1385bda061.png

I am not having the issue that you are highlighting hence, I do not have this option enabled. But I had to do this before when I was using Space Invader's method of re-encoding from h.264 to h.265 with Handbrake because I was running into the issue wherein Radarr/Sonarr was re-downloading titles during/after the conversion process.

Hope this helps!

On 2/21/2020 at 8:43 PM, Bandit_King said:

Tdarr has an option to put cpu in low priority which this program DON'T HAVE!!! Plus Nvdia GPU encoding hevc encoding.

Feel free to stop by the GitHub and submit some commits. I'm sure Josh5 would appreciate the help as he is a one-man-army at the moment. I'd love to put my money where my mouth is, but I am not a coder (maybe in the future though?)

GPU encoding is on the road map as stated elsewhere in this thread.

giphy.gif.9bb857def5cb76c77b709aa6ab3c085c.gif

• Like 1
On 2/13/2020 at 8:53 AM, vcolombo said:

I'm wondering, besides file size, what advantage is there of re-encoding all the audio tracks as 2-channel AAC? It seems to me this would be fine if you're mostly watching your movies on your phone, or through your TV speakers, but if you have any halfway decent home audio setup that you'd want to keep the discrete audio channels. Am I missing something here? Is there some magic that Unmanic is performing that reduces the audio track size while still maintaining quality?

Thanks in advance!

It's really as a fall back measure or like you said, to make the streams compatible with just about any device out there without having Plex or (insert your media manager/server here) transcode the audio to your other devices.

I for instance have an older setup wherein I have to pass-through my audio from TV to my receiver via optical and my TV only supports AC3 out. Eventually I'll upgrade to a receiver that accepts sound via HDMI instead of HDMI video pass-through only.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:56 PM, vcolombo said:

So after my Unmanic vs Tdarr testing, I've decided to use Tdarr for now. I like the simplicity of Unmanic, but Tdarr supports NVENC, so my encodes there are much faster.

Does this mean you're using the modded version of Unraid that allows for Nvidia GPU access to docker apps such as Plex?

On 3/3/2020 at 3:44 PM, klipp01 said:

So no it appears it is trying to convert my TV Shows but nothing get converted and no errors or failed conversions. Not sure why it is converting my Movies fine but not doing anything but spinning its wheels with processing my TV Show Library.

No ones going to be able to do anything with logs.

On 12/30/2019 at 5:22 PM, jonathanm said:

@Josh.5, could you please give a brief overview of what operations you do on /tmp/unmanic inside the container? I was experimenting with allowing my second server to help with the load, and I ran into some permission issues, it seemed to indicate it couldn't move the file from /tmp/unmanic to the final destination. So, I mapped /tmp/unmanic to a spot on the same mount point, and it appears to have recursively deleted my media files out of the folders in that mount, leaving the folders empty.

I assumed with a description of "encoding cache directory" that I could safely map that anywhere I wanted. That appears not to be the case.

@Josh.5 It's possible there may be a second casualty here.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/89417-lost-all-docker-customizations-access-to-start-vms-help/?do=findComment&comment=829846

23 minutes ago, Josh.5 said:

The cache directory is where unmanic temporarily stores files as they are reencoded. This is cleared when the container starts. So as to no leave tmp files lying around from unfinished jobs

Perhaps adding a warning to the first post and possibly the template description stating that all the files in any folder defined there will be deleted. As it stands now, it's not clear that the folder listed there as well as all subfolders will be erased on container start.

Also, maybe not recursively delete? In my case, I lost several hundred GB of archived shows. It's been a painful process re-ripping and encoding.

48 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Perhaps adding a warning to the first post and possibly the template description stating that all the files in any folder defined there will be deleted. As it stands now, it's not clear that the folder listed there as well as all subfolders will be erased on container start.

Also, maybe not recursively delete? In my case, I lost several hundred GB of archived shows. It's been a painful process re-ripping and encoding.

How did you lose your data? did you point your /tmp/unmanic  directory to your ****/TVShows/ directory or something?

NVM. A second read of your other post and I understand what you did.

I'll push an update that will only recursively clear out sub-folders starting with "unmanic_file_conversion-****" so that if anyone misunderstands the meaning of directories created in "/tmp" and mounts that folder to data they want to keep, it wont delete it.

The link you posted for heelphan's issue seems to not be related to this tho.

Edited by Josh.5
Read jonathanm's post again
8 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

I'll push an update that will only recursively clear out sub-folders starting with "unmanic_file_conversion-****" so that if anyone misunderstands the meaning of directories created in "/tmp" and mounts that folder to data they want to keep, it wont delete it.

The link you posted for heelphan's issue seems to not be related to this tho.

Thank you.

I agree, after reviewing heelphan's xml and description of what happened, it appears unlikely to be related. Had he pointed the "Encoding cache directory" to /mnt/cache at some point it would have produced the effect he seems to have experienced.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:53 PM, klipp01 said:

Once in the GUI Under library path mine is just /library

Under the container settings see my screen caps.

7398b0371e2d49f8195f2a425048b1e9.jpgf4392af633f0314fe70a336ee2f1c42c.jpg

I replicated your setting for library and also changed tmp path using the same asi you. Unmanic still can't find ANY media on my library!

2 hours ago, klipp01 said:

The library paths for movies and TV only help if you have a Movies and TV Shows share setup do you?

of course:

config  ----  /mnt/user/appdata/unmanic
/library/movies/  ----  mnt/user/Media/Movies/
/library/tv  ----  /mnt/user/Media/TV
/tmp/unmanic  ----  /dev/shm/

this are my shares