[Support] Josh5 - Unmanic - Library Optimiser


1072 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, ijuarez said:

I am seeing this error in the in some video it tried to encode


No FFMPEG command log recorded for this task.

It failed at encoding so i'm not sure if its skipped or just failed?

 

What does the attached error mean? is not working or its already encoded and its skipping it.

unraid_1.PNG

Link to post
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Application Name: UNMANIC - Library Optimiser Application Site: https://github.com/Unmanic/unmanic/ Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/josh5/unmanic/ Github: https://github.com/Unmani

@Ashe @trekkiedj @itimpi   Please see update first post also for an example of how I have it setup. I have also added a temporary solution to adding multiple library locations if anyone need

There should be a new update available. This has quite a number of changes to how ffmpeg is executed. It should resolve some issues with inotify and library scanning. For those people who created

Posted Images

I've posted a bug report on the GitHub page for this project, but I'm linking it here to see if other unraid users can reproduce it. 

https://github.com/Josh5/unmanic/issues/90

Can others take a look and confirm if they have the same problem? 

Basically having issue not converting a file if the container is the same, copy the video stream, and convert the audio stream. The worker will ignore the file. 

Link to post

I just noticed this in my syslog.

 

Nov 14 12:47:06 Tower kernel: ffmpeg[3783]: segfault at 150f8ba28478 ip 0000150f8de98000 sp 0000150f8ba26370 error 6 in libavcodec.so.58.35.100[150f8d6b6000+928000]
Nov 14 12:47:06 Tower kernel: Code: fd 41 b8 10 00 00 00 41 54 49 89 d4 ba 10 00 00 00 55 53 48 89 f3 48 83 c6 01 48 81 ec 18 01 00 00 64 48 8b 04 25 28 00 00 00 <48> 89 84 24 08 21 00 00 31 c0 48 89 e5 48 89 ef e8 5b b7 00 00 68

 

Edit, I am seeing this multiple times now, especially after an encode works for a couple hours right to the end of a file, but then somehow it fails.

Edited by mattekure
Link to post

What does the following error mean and how can I correct it:

No FFMPEG command log recorded for this task.

I've currently attempted to transcode 1173 files.  Of that, 957 completed without issue.  But 216 of them failed with that message.  And when they do fail, it fails almost immediately, as soon as a worker starts to scan/transcode that file.

What causes this?  I see others saying they've having the issue, but doesn't seem that anyone has any answers.  Hoping now that a couple of weeks has went by, maybe we now know?

Link to post
What does the following error mean and how can I correct it:

No FFMPEG command log recorded for this task.

I've currently attempted to transcode 1173 files.  Of that, 957 completed without issue.  But 216 of them failed with that message.  And when they do fail, it fails almost immediately, as soon as a worker starts to scan/transcode that file.

What causes this?  I see others saying they've having the issue, but doesn't seem that anyone has any answers.  Hoping now that a couple of weeks has went by, maybe we now know?
FFMPEG logs are not saved unless debugging is enabled. They add an unnecessary weight to the database for everyday use. It is possible that in the future when history is able to be cleared etc, the FFMPEG logging will be on all the time. But for now as there is no simple way to reduce the history log, this is a debugging only feature.

If you are seeing issues with files failing to convert, I'd recommend that the first course of action is to enable debugging. This will then show you the FFMPEG logs and also other key logs from Unmanic and will greatly help with determining the cause of the failure.

I'd be willing to bet you have an issue with subtitles as that is the common problem most people have with Unmanic at this stage. Flick on debugging and take a look...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Link to post
17 hours ago, Josh.5 said:

I'd be willing to bet you have an issue with subtitles as that is the common problem most people have with Unmanic at this stage. Flick on debugging and take a look...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

I converted the folder for 2 TV shows without any issue. About 600 episodes. 

 

I then pointed to one of my movie folders and I had some failures right of the bat and every so often after that. 

 

I turned on debugging and the only error I was getting on my failures is something about Height and resolution. What we be a course of action for those issues. Get a different copy of that file or just know that unManic won't tough that one?

 

x265 [error]: Picture height must be an integer multiple of the specified chroma subsampling
[libx265 @ 0x558295526880] Cannot open libx265 encoder.
Error initializing output stream 0:1 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
Conversion failed!

 

Edited by rmeaux
Link to post
I converted the folder for 2 TV shows without any issue. About 600 episodes. 
 
I then pointed to one of my movie folders and I had some failures right of the bat and every so often after that. 
 
I turned on debugging and the only error I was getting on my failures is something about Height and resolution. What we be a course of action for those issues. Get a different copy of that file or just know that unManic won't tough that one?
 
x265 [error]: Picture height must be an integer multiple of the specified chroma subsampling[libx265 @ 0x558295526880] Cannot open libx265 encoder.Error initializing output stream 0:1 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or heightConversion failed!

 

There will be an FFMPEG command also in your unmanic logs. That would be the best place to start. After that it would be a case of finding out what FFMPEG limitations exist for h265 and the command that Unmanic generated.

How big is the file?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Link to post

I cannot thank you enough. This docker is so much cheaper than hard drives. I posted my Before and After of a few TV Show directories. This is insane. I was nervous that I was seeing things, but I checked and the quality and audio is still all there. Unbelievable. I already had HEVC of some episodes so some directories were't as much improvement. But some were tremendous. 

 

I also want to give a nod to Nvidia GPU support. I won't ask for an ETA, but I am very interested in that being supported. Just throwing my vote in the bucket for a feature request. 

 

You need to convert this from beta to GM so you can ethically accept donations. If not, I am sending something your way wether you like it or not. LOL. 

 

BA.thumb.png.fdc133a08c278497d3a24cfd9a836a42.png

Link to post

Hi-

 

I ran the docker on a folder that contained a TV series. For some reason, it appears that unmanic "rotated" the audio channels so that the center channel on a 5.1 setup was switched to the rear left channel. The other channels appear to have rotated as well. Am I missing something in the settings?

 

Here is the audio info from the original file:

 

Codec AC3

Channels 6

Bitrate 640 kbps

Language English

Audio Channel Layout 5.1(side)

Sampling Rate 48000 Hz

Display Title English (AC3 5.1)

 

Here is the audio info from the converted file:

 

Codec AAC

Channels 6

Bitrate 394 kbps

Language English

Profile lc

Sampling Rate 48000 Hz

Display Title English (AAC 5.1)

 

Thanks for all of the hard work on the docker. It really looks like it has a lot of potential to save hard drive space....which would be really nice.

Link to post
18 hours ago, propman07 said:

Hi-

 

I ran the docker on a folder that contained a TV series. For some reason, it appears that unmanic "rotated" the audio channels so that the center channel on a 5.1 setup was switched to the rear left channel. The other channels appear to have rotated as well. Am I missing something in the settings?

 

Here is the audio info from the original file:

 

Codec AC3

Channels 6

Bitrate 640 kbps

Language English

Audio Channel Layout 5.1(side)

Sampling Rate 48000 Hz

Display Title English (AC3 5.1)

 

Here is the audio info from the converted file:

 

Codec AAC

Channels 6

Bitrate 394 kbps

Language English

Profile lc

Sampling Rate 48000 Hz

Display Title English (AAC 5.1)

 

Thanks for all of the hard work on the docker. It really looks like it has a lot of potential to save hard drive space....which would be really nice.

Maybe try disabling audio conversion? THat is what I do, and I still get a much smaller file size. 

Link to post
Hey, I'm not 100% sure this application is still being updated, but I'm getting the below error:
 
No FFMPEG command log recorded for this task.


I posted about this and never got an answer even included a screenshot so I gave up.

Haven’t tried a TDarr yet cause I think it’s too much work but I will have to move on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
12 hours ago, ijuarez said:

 


I posted about this and never got an answer even included a screenshot so I gave up.

Haven’t tried a TDarr yet cause I think it’s too much work but I will have to move on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Your question was answered 6 posts below your original post.

Link to post

Just thought I'd write a quick update.

I was expecting to have HW encoding sorted by end of October, but now that we are getting into the warmer months I'm using all my free time to carry out some much needed maintenance on my house. I probably will not get back to working on Unmanic until February/March.
If you find issues, feel free to put them on GitHub, I will get around to it eventually.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas (or whatever other holidays you celebrate at this time of year) and thanks for using Unmanic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Link to post
On 12/7/2019 at 1:22 PM, Josh.5 said:

Just thought I'd write a quick update.

I was expecting to have HW encoding sorted by end of October, but now that we are getting into the warmer months I'm using all my free time to carry out some much needed maintenance on my house. I probably will not get back to working on Unmanic until February/March.
If you find issues, feel free to put them on GitHub, I will get around to it eventually.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas (or whatever other holidays you celebrate at this time of year) and thanks for using Unmanic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
 

Thats GREAT! I really like the app and it's simplicity, I tried TDarr and didn't care much for it. Do you have a place for us to post logs to that can help you out?

Link to post
On 12/9/2019 at 10:18 AM, ijuarez said:

ah, must have skipped over that

So i enable debugging and nothing got no info , but i did notice that when i clicked in details the page just spun waiting for data. Eventually it would timed out. So I deleted the instance all of the associated folders and re-installed and boom the docker begin to work correctly.  I think my issue was when the big change happen and I must not followed the directions correctly.

 

Its working thanks

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.