[Support] binhex - Jellyfin

18 hours ago, Woogz said:

Apologies for my ignorance here but is the upstream being updated a responsibility of the Jellyfin development team or some other community developer?

it would require the Arch package maintainer to update the package, but this MAY have some reliance on the Jellyfin team, it would depend on how its packaged.

18 hours ago, Woogz said:

Also, it looks like all of the other jellyfin distros on community apps have been updated. Do those use a different source than yours?

Yes, the images i produce are Arch Linux based, other developers tend to use other base images, such as Alpine.

Is there a reason for the urgency in getting updated?, a specific issue you are trying to solve perhaps?

1 hour ago, binhex said:

is there a reason for the urgency in getting updated?, a specific issue you are trying to solve perhaps?

Yeah I'm debating on whether I want to buy a lifetime Plex pass which was on sale this week or stick with Jellyfin.

I use your Jellyfin container on Unraid to run my server and then use an Nvidia Shield with the official app for a client. It works mostly great but has to key issues that I find annoying.

1. Whenever I open the app if it's been previously opened it'll crash and say something like "no available items" and I have to open it again. This happens without fail every single time I reopen the app.

2. Subtitles fail to load constantly and I have to immediately reload them.

I have no idea if the new release will fix these two issues but wanted to try it and then make a decision.

Jellyfin closed their subreddit a while ago and their forum is difficult to search and not very active so I haven't tried to fix it beyond waiting for this update. 

4 hours ago, binhex said:

it would require the Arch package maintainer to update the package, but this MAY have some reliance on the Jellyfin team, it would depend on how its packaged.

Yes, the images i produce are Arch Linux based, other developers tend to use other base images, such as Alpine.

Is there a reason for the urgency in getting updated?, a specific issue you are trying to solve perhaps?

I think right now the full client requires an update to the server before it will connect.  So if folks update their client to the most recent version, they will break it.

For me, I'm good cuz I use Roku...but on this laptop, it's broken until the server updates versions.

On 5/18/2024 at 3:34 AM, Woogz said:

Apologies for my ignorance here but is the upstream being updated a responsibility of the Jellyfin development team or some other community developer?

Also, it looks like all of the other jellyfin distros on community apps have been updated. Do those use a different source than yours?

Thanks for all you do.

The Jellyfin team does NOT deliver an Archlinux build. They provide builds for debian/ubuntu, docker, windows, and macos.
The arch binary is maintained by someone in the community
https://forum.jellyfin.org/t-official-archlinux-package-out-of-date?highlight=archlinux

I have now switched over to “bbergle-jellyfin” which uses the pure docker image of Jellyfin. There is a pythonscript on github to transfer the users and their watched-status from one instance to the other. This was done in 10 minutes and now I can watch normally again with my client under Linux.

4 hours ago, Joe6pack said:

I have now switched over to “bbergle-jellyfin” which uses the pure docker image of Jellyfin. There is a pythonscript on github to transfer the users and their watched-status from one instance to the other. This was done in 10 minutes and now I can watch normally again with my client under Linux.

Yeah I swapped to LinuxServer. Unfortunately I still have the same 2 problems but at least it's updated.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Woogz said:

Yeah I swapped to LinuxServer. Unfortunately I still have the same 2 problems but at least it's updated.

I went to linuxserver as well and they are now 3 versions ahead.

Edited by Antibios

Hello,

This maybe the wrong place to be, but as it relates to unraid directly, I wanted to ask.

I'm still currently using using plex, and with it using ram transcoding to /tmp location. All seems working fine (128gb ram)

I've been wanting to dip my tow in jellyfin, but I rather not use SSD or HHD transcode. I know reliability is good and cost of ssd keeps going down, but I have lots of ram, 2160p vids would normally be directly play, so at most I can see transcoding from 2160p down to 1080p, or 1080p -> 1080p due to codec issues, etc. I'd rather then use ram if possible, I do have lots.

I'd read before that jellyfin doesn't well support ram transcode as it normally transcoded the entire video rather then segments, and didn't always clean it's temp folder as well, also throttling transcoding after reaching the buffer amount (I like 240 seconds myself) didn't always happen.

From https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/pull/8744, it seems it was to be pulled into the long waited 10.9 release. Does anyone know if ram transcoding is viable, and if ffmpeg's segment deletion works well with it? I've been searching threads for this subject since the update, but all I find is older stuff of people setting up ram transcode, then people responding that it doesn't work well. Probably should just try it but yeah, kind of  scared to simply try things sometimes, sorry about that.

29 minutes ago, Naustradamus said:

Hello,

This maybe the wrong place to be, but as it relates to unraid directly, I wanted to ask.

I'm still currently using using plex, and with it using ram transcoding to /tmp location. All seems working fine (128gb ram)

I've been wanting to dip my tow in jellyfin, but I rather not use SSD or HHD transcode. I know reliability is good and cost of ssd keeps going down, but I have lots of ram, 2160p vids would normally be directly play, so at most I can see transcoding from 2160p down to 1080p, or 1080p -> 1080p due to codec issues, etc. I'd rather then use ram if possible, I do have lots.

I'd read before that jellyfin doesn't well support ram transcode as it normally transcoded the entire video rather then segments, and didn't always clean it's temp folder as well, also throttling transcoding after reaching the buffer amount (I like 240 seconds myself) didn't always happen.

From https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/pull/8744, it seems it was to be pulled into the long waited 10.9 release. Does anyone know if ram transcoding is viable, and if ffmpeg's segment deletion works well with it? I've been searching threads for this subject since the update, but all I find is older stuff of people setting up ram transcode, then people responding that it doesn't work well. Probably should just try it but yeah, kind of  scared to simply try things sometimes, sorry about that.

I've never had issues with it but that's just my experience. You'd probably have better luck asking here  https://forum.jellyfin.org/

• Thanks 1

I recently updated to the new version of the docker (Main: Jellyfin version: 10.9.3) and am now receiving this error message:

2024-05-30 22:02:12,037 DEBG 'jellyfin' stdout output:
[22:02:12] [ERR] [1] Main: The server is expected to host the web client, but the provided content directory is either invalid or empty: /usr/share/jellyfin/web. If you do not want to host the web client with the server, you may set the '--nowebclient' command line flag, or set'hostwebclient=false' in your config settings

2024-05-30 22:02:12,044 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22965853606768 for <Subprocess at 22965852790208 with name jellyfin in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2024-05-30 22:02:12,044 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22965865757920 for <Subprocess at 22965852790208 with name jellyfin in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2024-05-30 22:02:12,045 WARN exited: jellyfin (exit status 1; not expected)
2024-05-30 22:02:12,045 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-05-30 22:02:13,045 INFO gave up: jellyfin entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Is there a specific action I need to perform to get it working again? If by web client it means hosting the page on IP:8096 that could be visited in a browser then this was working before the update, so I'm not certain I want to add that flag to the config.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, jmot205 said:

I recently updated to the new version of the docker (Main: Jellyfin version: 10.9.3) and am now receiving this error message:

2024-05-30 22:02:12,037 DEBG 'jellyfin' stdout output:
[22:02:12] [ERR] [1] Main: The server is expected to host the web client, but the provided content directory is either invalid or empty: /usr/share/jellyfin/web. If you do not want to host the web client with the server, you may set the '--nowebclient' command line flag, or set'hostwebclient=false' in your config settings

2024-05-30 22:02:12,044 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22965853606768 for <Subprocess at 22965852790208 with name jellyfin in state STARTING> (stdout)>
2024-05-30 22:02:12,044 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22965865757920 for <Subprocess at 22965852790208 with name jellyfin in state STARTING> (stderr)>
2024-05-30 22:02:12,045 WARN exited: jellyfin (exit status 1; not expected)
2024-05-30 22:02:12,045 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit
2024-05-30 22:02:13,045 INFO gave up: jellyfin entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Is there a specific action I need to perform to get it working again? If by web client it means hosting the page on IP:8096 that could be visited in a browser then this was working before the update, so I'm not certain I want to add that flag to the config.

interesting!, initially i had this issue, but the image never got published as my smoketest picked it up, i corrected the issue and the test passed, i have also just downloaded the latest image and done a clean startup (no pre-existing config) and it started correctly, so im not sure how this is happening for you, what is 'repository' set to for the container?.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2024 at 12:49 PM, binhex said:

interesting!, initially i had this issue, but the image never got published as my smoketest picked it up, i corrected the issue and the test passed, i have also just downloaded the latest image and done a clean startup (no pre-existing config) and it started correctly, so im not sure how this is happening for you, what is 'repository' set to for the container?.

update: restarted server and it is now working.

Same issue as OP
repository:  binhex/arch-jellyfin

also tried a docker pull for
binhex/arch-jellyfin:latest
and
binhex/arch-jellyfin:10.9.3-1-02

Edited by God9123
now working
18 hours ago, binhex said:

It's set to

binhex/arch-jellyfin

21 hours ago, God9123 said:

update: restarted server and it is now working.

Same issue as OP
repository:  binhex/arch-jellyfin

also tried a docker pull for
binhex/arch-jellyfin:latest
and
binhex/arch-jellyfin:10.9.3-1-02

I tried pulling latest and a server reboot but still have the same error message. What repository setting did you get working?

Currently have rolled back to binhex/arch-jellyfin:10.8.13-1-05 and it works again, but haven't found a forward version that gets me past the error.

16 hours ago, jmot205 said:

I tried pulling latest and a server reboot but still have the same error message. What repository setting did you get working?

Currently have rolled back to binhex/arch-jellyfin:10.8.13-1-05 and it works again, but haven't found a forward version that gets me past the error.

i am using binhex/arch-jellyfin
the only container variables i added to mine are NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES  from following space invaders guide and i think those drivers are what caused my issue.

7 hours ago, God9123 said:

i am using binhex/arch-jellyfin
the only container variables i added to mine are NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES  from following space invaders guide and i think those drivers are what caused my issue.

Heya, I have those filled in and I'm having no issues.  Perhaps you can try removing and reinstalling the nvidia drivers or forcing yourself back a version and then trying things again.

3 minutes ago, devnet said:

Heya, I have those filled in and I'm having no issues.  Perhaps you can try removing and reinstalling the nvidia drivers or forcing yourself back a version and then trying things again.

I've not got an NVIDIA GPU so I haven't got either of those container variables added.

On 6/2/2024 at 2:52 AM, jmot205 said:

I've not got an NVIDIA GPU so I haven't got either of those container variables added.

try a force update, go to unraid web ui/docker click on toggle at top right to 'advanced view' then click on the link 'forced update' for the jellyfin container

5 hours ago, binhex said:

try a force update, go to unraid web ui/docker click on toggle at top right to 'advanced view' then click on the link 'forced update' for the jellyfin container

Unfortunately forced update did not work, but I managed to get it working via the following workaround. I backed up the full appdata folder, then removed the image, reinstalled it from scratch via Capps, then stopped the container and switched the appdata folder back over. It's early doors, but so far so good.

Hi all, my usual googling has turned up nothing so I am asking in here. My binhex-jellyfin isn't starting correctly, I checked the logs and it is showing the following: 

[10:41:44] [FTL] [1] Main: Error while starting server
Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 26: 'file is not a database'.
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException.ThrowExceptionForRC(Int32 rc, sqlite3 db)
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.PrepareAndEnumerateStatements()+MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.GetStatements()+MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteDataReader.NextResult()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteReader()
   at Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteExtensions.Execute(SqliteConnection sqliteConnection, String commandText)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.GetConnection()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.BaseSqliteRepository.Initialize()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.Initialize()
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost.InitializeServices()
   at Jellyfin.Server.Program.StartServer(IServerApplicationPaths appPaths, StartupOptions options, IConfiguration startupConfig)

2024-06-04 10:41:44,572 INFO success: jellyfin entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)
2024-06-04 10:41:44,573 DEBG 'jellyfin' stdout output:
[10:41:44] [INF] [1] Main: Running query planner optimizations in the database... This might take a while

2024-06-04 10:41:44,583 DEBG 'jellyfin' stdout output:
[10:41:44] [INF] [1] Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost: Disposing CoreAppHost

2024-06-04 10:41:44,584 DEBG 'jellyfin' stdout output:
[10:41:44] [INF] [1] Emby.Server.Implementations.ApplicationHost: Disposing PluginManager

2024-06-04 10:41:44,599 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22562490923680 for <Subprocess at 22562492207600 with name jellyfin in state RUNNING> (stdout)>
2024-06-04 10:41:44,599 DEBG fd 10 closed, stopped monitoring <POutputDispatcher at 22562493201440 for <Subprocess at 22562492207600 with name jellyfin in state RUNNING> (stderr)>
2024-06-04 10:41:44,599 INFO exited: jellyfin (exit status 0; expected)
2024-06-04 10:41:44,599 DEBG received SIGCHLD indicating a child quit

any clue how I can fix this? I suspect it might have been caused when my cache drive became completely full overnight, which I have since adjusted my settings to avoid happening in future

thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

1 hour ago, sparkeeh said:

Microsoft.Data.Sqlite.SqliteException (0x80004005): SQLite Error 26: 'file is not a database'.

1 hour ago, sparkeeh said:

caused when my cache drive became completely full overnight,

most probably, yes, i would suspect your database(s) is corrupt due to the lack of space, your options are:-

1. restore your sqlite database from backup

2. delete the database file, restart the container and reconfigure

the database files will be located at /config/jellyfin/data/data/

Thank you, I shut down the Docker container, backed up library.db, deleted it from the data folder, made a copy of library.db.bak1 & renamed it to library.db, then restarted the docker. Problem solved. Thank you for your help Binhex!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have updated the binhex-jellyfin for my Unraid server and now I can no longer edit or change users. What can I do to get it working again?

Details

Application Type       Docker

Repository     binhex/arch-jellyfin

DockerHub Stars:       3

Last Update:   Jun 12, 2024

value@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/node_modules.jellyfin-apiclient.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:40105
U@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/users-profile.34f422d31086625e3bb8.chunk.js:1:1578
40293/P/V<@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/users-profile.34f422d31086625e3bb8.chunk.js:1:6181
40293/P/<@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/users-profile.34f422d31086625e3bb8.chunk.js:1:6340
Fi@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/node_modules.react-dom.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:103916
77699/t.unstable_runWithPriority@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/7466.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:27602
jl@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/node_modules.react-dom.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:44769
Mi@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/node_modules.react-dom.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:103384
76067/Oi/<@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/node_modules.react-dom.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:103295
$@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/7466.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:26663
77699/g.port1.onmessage@http://192.168.1.60:8096/web/7466.bundle.js?750cfb4ba84856fbf9c4:2:25386

I thank you for any help

Userfail.jpg

UnraidJellyfinconfigt.jpg

Edited by Apophis