[Support] FoxxMD - fr24feed-piaware

Hi  to all,

i tried to start this container, unraid docker tab  says its startet. There is no web gui ond no console working.  I opened the log file is says at the end "sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting." ( other dockers are running duplicati, krusader etc)

I also "touched" the piaware.conf in the "piaware.conf" directory as there was a additional errormessage about the missing config file (including chown and chmod).  TIn the logfile is a  "Rafael Micro R820T tuner"  in piaware section  which is not what i use but i dont know where to edit. I did the passtrouh with lsusb  an RTL2832U DVB-T original piaware stick, i did also the linking to the device path and passing to the container  in the template. My device seems to be recognizet by the flightradar sw in the container but not the piaware sw.

Strange to me, sorry i am  not a expert just an interested user which tries to learn things with unraid, linux, docker....

Piaware and stick are working fine with  an original pi.

Thanks for any advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Something about this docker is broken. OP/creator needs to investigate. It creates folders instead of files, does not populate those files as necessary, and I think is even missing files.
I have got it partially working by removing the config folders and replacing them with config files, and finding default config file information and placing that inside. It will now stay running but the webgui doesn't work. I think it is missing a file needed.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@gloworm @PanRider

Add container extra options 

--device="/dev/bus/usb/001/004:/dev/bus/usb/001/004" -e "SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE=false" -e "HTML_SITE_LAT=xxx"  -e "HTML_SITE_LON=xxxx" -e "HTML_SITE_NAME=xxx" -e "HTML_DEFAULT_TRACKER=Flightradar24" -e "HTML_FR24_FEEDER_STATUS_PAGE=http://192.168.1.211:8754" -e "FR24FEED_FR24KEY=xxxxx"

This container does not use config files anymore by long time ago now...

And voilaa, everything works.

Edited by ufo56
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, unfortunately I'm also unable to get this container to run. Can't get the console to come up and I keep getting this error in the log:

s6-svscanctl: fatal: unable to control /var/run/s6/services: supervisor not listening
s6-svscanctl: fatal: unable to control /var/run/s6/services: supervisor not listening
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
rtlsdr: using device #0: Generic RTL2832U OEM (Realtek, RTL2838UHIDIR, SN 00000001)
warning: /etc/piaware.conf: failed to read config file: error reading "file3": illegal operation on a directory

piaware version 6.0 is running, process ID 362

your system info is: Linux 27f269055078 5.13.8-Unraid #1 SMP Wed Aug 4 09:39:46 PDT 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
Reloading configuration and reconnecting.
warning: /etc/piaware.conf: failed to read config file: error reading "file3": illegal operation on a directory

piaware (process 362) is shutting down because it received a shutdown signal (SIGTERM) from the system...
piaware (process 362) is exiting...
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

• 2 months later...

I was able to get this container to work based on @ufo56 comment that the config files aren't used anymore. I removed those from the container variables and only have the following.

UnRAID_FlightAware24.thumb.png.c09161fb43e98708cd2504e5c4ae5650.png

Identify the USB port and device ID on your unRAID server from the command prompt with the lsusb command:

# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0bda:2838 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL2838 DVB-T

Variables:

RTL-SDR Device: /dev/bus/usb/002/004:/dev/bus/usb/002/004

HTTP Port: <blank>

FR24FEED_FR24KEY: <own key>

PANORAMA_ID: <optional>

HTML_SITE_LAT: <required>

HTML_SITE_LON: <required>

SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE: false

HTML_DEFAULT_TRACKER: Flightradar24

HTML_SITE_NAME: MySite

HTML_RECEIVER_STATS_PAGE_FLIGHTRADAR24: <optional>

LAYERS_OWM_API_KEY: <optional>

Edited by Jbiss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Figured out how to get this set up from an initial install tonight.

Did the above, removing the config files and adding the custom variables.

After the initial container is set up and running, open the console and

cd /fr24feed/fr24feed

in there is the fr24feed binary, then run

./fr24feed --signup

and configure like you would a new install on a raspberry pi to get your share key, all is working smoothly now

Edited by epilot5280
  • Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Got this up and running and works great!  Appreciate all the work that went into the development.  

My RTL-SDR Device seems to keep moving Port/Device.  For example, it will be on Port 001 Device 025 and the move to Port 001 Device 023.  When it does that, the docker will crash and stop.  Is there anyway to fix this?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 8:44 PM, spyd4r said:

I can see my usb device in unraid with lsusb, but i'm not seeing it in the docker config under /dev/bus/usb/001/ or any other locations under /dev/

anyone else seeing anything similar?

find your sdr on Tools>sytem devices. then on docker Extra Parameters: put it there. and RTL-SDR Device: also

On 8/12/2022 at 4:07 AM, BigMal said:

Got this up and running and works great!  Appreciate all the work that went into the development.  

My RTL-SDR Device seems to keep moving Port/Device.  For example, it will be on Port 001 Device 025 and the move to Port 001 Device 023.  When it does that, the docker will crash and stop.  Is there anyway to fix this?

re-start your container

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 8:13 PM, batikas said:

can somebody include the library for bias tee? (i have a rtl-sdr v3) and it is a nightmare to enable it

This is the exact case for me too... Ideally, an environment variable for biast to be on / off would be amazing.
I don't know how I enabled the biast the first time but now that it's disbled again I'm lost at trying to reactivate it.

*** Please note: This guide did NOT permanently enable my biast. After several full shutdowns the biast is once again disabled. I leave this post intact for reference only.

How to permanently enable RTL-SDR Blog V3 biast using the rtl_eeprom command in your fr24feed-piaware docker

I wish to enable the biast permanently so the change can survive a reboot of my Unraid server.

During this process you will need to disable some of the fr24feed-piaware services that would otherwise lock down your ability to edit the eeprom… and you'll also install some things in the docker image temporarily, you'll make the change to your dongle (eeprom settings), and finally you'll re-enable the fr24feed-piaware docker settings in Unraid.

These changes you'll make in the Docker image should all disappear when we restart the image, leaving only your RTL-SDR Blog dongle with it's new biast setting turned on

Here is what I did, step-by-step… please do so at your own risk.

In your Unraid menu, select the Docker tab

"Stop" the fr24feed-piaware docker from running

"Edit" the fr24feed-piaware docker settings

Set each of the following container variables to "false"

• SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_ADSBEXCHANGE
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_PLANEFINDER
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_DUMP1090
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_FR24FEED
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP
    (possibly overkill disabling all these, but doesn't hurt as we'll re-enable them shortly)

"Apply" the settings to the Docker image

Check the fr24feed-piaware docker is running

Click the fr24feed-piaware icon, select "Console"

Once in the console... enter all the following commands without the talkies (' ') on either side

Type in 'cd ~' and hit enter

Type in 'apt-get update' and hit enter (agree to proceed if asked)

Type in 'apt-get install git cmake build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev' and hit enter (agree to proceed if asked)

Type in 'git clone https://github.com/rtlsdrblog/rtl-sdr-blog' and hit enter

Type in 'cd rtl-sdr-blog' and hit enter

Type in 'mkdir build' and hit enter

Type in 'cd build' and hit enter

Type in 'cmake .. -DDETACH_KERNEL_DRIVER=ON' and hit enter

Type in 'make' and hit enter

Type in 'cd src' and hit enter

*** From here you can either enable biast permanently or just this once ***

To enable the biast just this once - Type in './rtl_biast -b 1' and hit enter (I did this step first, then the next, probably unnecessary)

To enable the biast permanently - Type in '.rtl_eeprom -b y' and hit enter

*** You may be asked to commit the changes to your dongle, note down any settings changes just for good measure ***

Close the console window once you're done with making these changes

Back in the Unraid menu… go to the Docker tab

Set each of the following container variables back to "true" (or whatever ones you had enabled previously)

• SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP

*** You may need to reboot your server for the changes to take effect on your dongle ***

*** Effectively you'll test to see if the dongle retains the biast setting (if that was your goal) by shutting down your server ***

I hope this helps somebody else.

Edited by Eurotimmy
On 12/2/2022 at 6:24 AM, Eurotimmy said:

How to permanently enable RTL-SDR Blog V3 biast using the rtl_eeprom command in your fr24feed-piaware docker

I wish to enable the biast permanently so the change can survive a reboot of my Unraid server.

During this process you will need to disable some of the fr24feed-piaware services that would otherwise lock down your ability to edit the eeprom… and you'll also install some things in the docker image temporarily, you'll make the change to your dongle (eeprom settings), and finally you'll re-enable the fr24feed-piaware docker settings in Unraid.

These changes you'll make in the Docker image should all disappear when we restart the image, leaving only your RTL-SDR Blog dongle with it's new biast setting turned on

Here is what I did, step-by-step… please do so at your own risk.

In your Unraid menu, select the Docker tab

Set each of the following container variables to "false"

• SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP
    (possibly overkill disabling all these, but doesn't hurt as we'll re-enable them shortly)

Click the fr24feed-piaware icon, select "Console"

Once in the console... enter all the following commands without the talkies (' ') on either side

Type in 'cd ~' and hit enter

Type in 'apt-get update' and hit enter (agree to proceed if asked)

Type in 'apt-get install git cmake build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev' and hit enter (agree to proceed if asked)

Type in 'git clone https://github.com/rtlsdrblog/rtl-sdr-blog' and hit enter

Type in 'cd rtl-sdr-blog' and hit enter

Type in 'mkdir build' and hit enter

Type in 'cd build' and hit enter

Type in 'cmake .. -DDETACH_KERNEL_DRIVER=ON' and hit enter

Type in 'make' and hit enter

Type in 'cd src' and hit enter

*** From here you can either enable biast permanently or just this once ***

To enable the biast just this once - Type in './rtl_biast -b 1' and hit enter (I did this step first, then the next, probably unnecessary)

To enable the biast permanently - Type in '.rtl_eeprom -b y' and hit enter

*** You may be asked to commit the changes to your dongle, note down any settings changes just for good measure ***

Close the console window once you're done with making these changes

Back in the Unraid menu… go to the Docker tab

Set each of the following container variables back to "true" (or whatever ones you had enabled previously)

• SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE
  • SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP

*** You may need to reboot your server for the changes to take effect on your dongle ***

*** Effectively you'll test to see if the dongle retains the biast setting (if that was your goal) by shutting down your server ***

I hope this helps somebody else.

it can not be done with just this. i have tryied many many things, also "enabled the epprom always active" but to find out it needs the new driver to get it to work.

apt-get install git cmake build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev'

if you can help more you are more than welcome :)

That’s a bit odd, my setup was exactly as I noted above and I believe this is the new driver using this Git:

Type in 'git clone https://github.com/rtlsdrblog/rtl-sdr-blog' and hit enter

I can’t recall seeing this lib error (build-essential libusb-1.0-0-dev) on mine but it ran through the settings just fine beyond that part. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear community, I'm too stupid to get this docker to work and my English is too bad to understand what it takes to make it work. I've tried it 4 or 5 times now with no luck. I had used the German "instructions" by @mgutt here:

I was able to establish a connection to flightaware at least once, but it broke and it hasn't worked since then. According to the instructions mgutt refers to, install the docker fr24feed-piaware and then register with flightaware: https://flightaware.com/account/join/ and then runs the following command lines in Docker Terminal:

docker run -it --rm \ -e "SERVICE_ENABLE_DUMP1090=false" \ -e "SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP=false" \ -e "SERVICE_ENABLE_FR24FEED=false" \ thomx/fr24feed-piaware /bin/bash

In my case, FlightAware automatically recognized my "transmitter" and added it to my account. Not such a nice side effect, another Docker was created under Unraid with some strange name. and I can neither call up the WebUI over 8080 nor over 8754 to set anything there.

Another user told me I could store the commands directly as a variable in Docker, then I save myself the input via the terminal and don't get such a strange additional docker. So I'm into the guide: https://hub.docker.com/r/thomx/fr24feed-piaware and used FlightAware's variables and entered them as follows:

1.thumb.jpg.afa035e9dcac89dbbf810abbc889c951.jpg

Since I'm basically not sure whether the way I installed and set it up is correct, I can't rule out that the error is already there. Finally, the instructions are much more complex than what I did.

I don't even know what this FEEDER DASH ID is. Is it the unique identifier I entered there or is it just my FlightAware username.

When I look at your pictures of your setups, it looks fundamentally different and there are values that do not match those I used for FlightAware.

I was able to start Docker with the settings and it is running - although there are a few entries in the log that probably have errors.

s6-rc: info: service dump1090: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service dump1090 successfully started
s6-rc: info: service netcat: starting
s6-rc: info: service netcat successfully started
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-upintheair: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-piaware: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-layers: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-html: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-fr24feed: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service init-upintheair successfully started
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-piaware successfully started
s6-rc: info: service piaware: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-fr24feed successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fr24feed: starting
s6-rc: info: service planefinder successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder-log: starting
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-stats: starting
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-mlat: starting
s6-rc: info: service piaware successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fr24feed successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-mlat successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-stats successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder-log successfully started
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO Backend set to env
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Backend set to env
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO Starting confd
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO Backend source(s) set to
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Starting confd
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Backend source(s) set to
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Target config /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/layers.js out of sync
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Target config /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/layers.js has been updated
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has UID 99 should be 0
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has GID 100 should be 0
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has mode drwxrwxrwx should be -rwxrwxrwx
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has md5sum d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e should be 8538a54a6ad0763a4aad43aba067cecd
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: INFO Target config /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js out of sync
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: ERROR rename /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/.config.js099368113 /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js: file exists
2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: FATAL rename /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/.config.js099368113 /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js: file exists
s6-rc: info: service confd-layers successfully started
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service confd-html: command exited 1

This error is displayed to me:

2022-12-17T15:29:33+01:00 Tower /opt/confd/bin/confd[101]: ERROR rename /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/.config.js099368113 /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/ config.js: file exists

and as a warning:

But I have no idea what that means or how I should correct it.

Needless to say, I still can't access the 8080 or 8754 and with flightaware, no active ads-b "sender" is displayed to me either

So to summarize: How can I get the WebUI over 8080 and the admin page over 8754?

How do I get the transmitter running and connected to flightaware?

What are these errors and above all - how do I have to install and configure it under Unraid so that it works?

IS THERE REALLY NONE OF ME THE VIA PN CAN EXPLAIN IN GERMAN

translated via google

• 2 weeks later...

I got it running with my USB DVB-T Stick (from sprut.de identified as a microadsb device) with the following Docker command (as soon as I found out how to create unraid templates I will do it):

1. I found out the device path by ID of the stick to avoid any changing usb ports

root@hackup:~# ls /dev/serial/by-id/
usb-sprut__www.sprut.de__ADSB-PIC_V.10__sprut_2012_-if00@

In my case I have an USB ADSB DVB-T Stick which results in the following path

/dev/serial/by-id/usb-sprut__www.sprut.de__ADSB-PIC_V.10__sprut_2012_-if00

2. on the console I ran the following docker command
-> privileged was a neccessary and important switch. without it won't run
-> latitude in the format 43.1234 and longitude in format 7.1234

docker run -d -p 8080:8080 -p 8754:8754 \
    --name FR24FEED \
    --privileged \
	--device=/dev/serial/by-id/usb-sprut__www.sprut.de__ADSB-PIC_V.10__sprut_2012_-if00:/dev/ttyUSB0 \
	-v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" \
	-e "FR24FEED_FR24KEY=YOUR FR24 KEY" \
	-e "FR24FEED_RECEIVER=microadsb" \
	-e "PIAWARE_FEEDER_DASH_ID=MY_FEEDER_ID" \
	-e "HTML_SITE_LAT=YOUR LATITUDE" \
	-e "HTML_SITE_LON=YOUR LONGITUDE" \
	-e "HTML_SITE_NAME=MY_SITE_NAME" \
	-e "PANORAMA_ID=MY_PANORAMA_ID" \
	-e "LAYERS_OWM_API_KEY=MY_OWM_API_KEY" \
	-e "ADSBEXCHANGE_UUID=MY_UUID" \
	-e "ADSBEXCHANGE_STATION_NAME=MY_STATION_NAME" \
	-e "MLAT_EXACT_LAT=MY_EXACT_SITE_LAT" \
	-e "MLAT_EXACT_LON=MY_EXACT_SITE_LON" \
	-e "MLAT_ALTITUDE_MSL_METERS=MY_SITE_ALT_MSL_METERS" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_PLANEFINDER=false" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_DUMP1090=false" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_PIAWARE=false" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_HTTP=false" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_ADSBEXCHANGE=false" \
	-e "SERVICE_ENABLE_FR24FEED=true" \
	--tmpfs /run:exec,size=32M \
	--tmpfs /planefinder/log:exec,size=32M \
	--tmpfs /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/data:size=32M \
	thomx/fr24feed-piaware

Edited by HackHome
reverted non standard port back to standard
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

unfortunately I am not able to get this to work.

I was able to obtain a FR24 and Flightaware key and the container also starts.

However I can't connect to the WebUIs and at least Flightaware shows that my receiver is offline.

There are some errors in the logs which I can't quite interpret or know how to solve them:

s6-rc: info: service confd-layers successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service init-upintheair successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service planefinder-log successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service planefinder: stopping
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: stopping
s6-rc: info: service netcat successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-stats successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-mlat successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed: stopping
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service planefinder successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder: stopping
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange: stopping
s6-rc: info: service dump1090: stopping
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: stopping
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service dump1090 successfully stopped
s6-rc: info: service dump1090: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service dump1090 successfully started
s6-rc: info: service netcat: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-upintheair: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-piaware: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-layers: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-html: starting
s6-rc: info: service confd-fr24feed: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange: starting
s6-rc: info: service netcat successfully started
s6-rc: info: service confd-layers successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-planefinder successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder: starting
s6-rc: info: service conf-adsbexchange successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed: starting
s6-rc: info: service init-upintheair successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder successfully started
s6-rc: info: service planefinder-log: starting
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO Backend set to env
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO Starting confd
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO Backend source(s) set to 
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Backend set to env
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Starting confd
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Backend source(s) set to 
s6-rc: info: service planefinder-log successfully started
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO /etc/piaware.conf has UID 99 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO /etc/piaware.conf has GID 100 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO /etc/piaware.conf has mode drwxr-xr-x should be -rwxr-xr-x
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO /etc/fr24feed.ini has UID 99 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO /etc/fr24feed.ini has GID 100 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO /etc/piaware.conf has md5sum d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e should be a29b252381524e33f3b49936b853f1cb
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: INFO Target config /etc/piaware.conf out of sync
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO /etc/fr24feed.ini has mode drwxr-xr-x should be -rwxr-xr-x
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO /etc/fr24feed.ini has md5sum d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e should be bd8f2a535d26d75155797ea4a1bf3b63
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: INFO Target config /etc/fr24feed.ini out of sync
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: ERROR rename /etc/.piaware.conf107157797 /etc/piaware.conf: file exists
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[89]: FATAL rename /etc/.piaware.conf107157797 /etc/piaware.conf: file exists
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: ERROR rename /etc/.fr24feed.ini789313639 /etc/fr24feed.ini: file exists
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[92]: FATAL rename /etc/.fr24feed.ini789313639 /etc/fr24feed.ini: file exists
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO Backend set to env
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO Starting confd
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO Backend source(s) set to 
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has UID 99 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has GID 100 should be 0
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has mode drwxr-xr-x should be -rwxr-xr-x
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js has md5sum d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e should be 8538a54a6ad0763a4aad43aba067cecd
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: INFO Target config /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js out of sync
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: ERROR rename /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/.config.js847656311 /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js: file exists
2023-04-11T12:39:26+02:00 f1ee367061cd /opt/confd/bin/confd[90]: FATAL rename /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/.config.js847656311 /usr/lib/fr24/public_html/config.js: file exists
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-feed successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-stats: starting
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-mlat: starting
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service confd-piaware: command exited 1
s6-rc: warning: unable to start service confd-fr24feed: command exited 1
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-mlat successfully started
s6-rc: info: service adsbexchange-stats successfully started
[dump1090] Tue Apr 11 12:39:26 2023 CEST  dump1090-fa v8.2 starting up.
[dump1090] rtlsdr: using device #0: Generic RTL2832U (Generic, RTL2832U, SN 77771111153705700)
[dump1090] Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
[dump1090] rtlsdr: tuner gain set to 49.6 dB (gain step 28)
[dump1090] Allocating 4 zero-copy buffers

Has anyone the same issue and knows how to solve this?

• 1 month later...

For anybody running this Docker app, the image has been updated to include the Opensky network.
It's working well for me.

1. You need to create your own account on https://opensky-network.org/ (if you don't have one already)
- Note down the Username you made / have on Opensky to use in the next steps

2. At your Unraid terminal prompt...
Run the docker command found here in the Opensky section
** Remember to update these values to your own or the Feeder will not attach to your Opensky profile:
"OPENSKY_USERNAME=OpenskyUsername"
"HTML_SITE_LAT=45"
"HTML_SITE_LON=9" \
- Note down the value from this line (it will look something like -16546546532)

[opensky-feeder] [INFO] [SERIAL] Got a new serial number:

Once you have it, kill the docker and close the terminal.

3. In your Unraid Docker... "Edit" the template

Add the following 'variables'

SERVICE_ENABLE_OPENSKY (set to 'true')
OPENSKY_USERNAME (from step 1 above)
OPENSKY_SERIAL (from step 2 above)

4. BONUS (because I forgot on mine)

Add the following 'variable' to display a link in your local flight tracking webpage to your new feeder

HTML_RECEIVER_STATS_PAGE_OPENSKY_NETWORK

The URL format is "https://opensky-network.org/receiver-profile?s=<YOUR_ID>"

5. Apply your changes and enjoy your new Opensky feeder
You can see the Opensky data every 10 minutes in your docker containers log files
You will see your new feeder is linked to your profile on Opensky
🤩

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I've been enjoying this docker for a while now, thanks! Running all the usual suspects, MLAT working and FR24 and ADSB are all happy!

I have had a reoccurring issue where the container will just stop.

logs says

"send - failed to send 12 + 88 bytes in mode 0, code -1: Broken pipe"

" *** buffer overflow detected ***: terminated\n","stream":"stdout","time":"2023-07-17T12:16:03.9714032Z"

Any suggestions?

Cheers Andy