[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


4024 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, the container updates itself and should done that already if you enabled auto updates.

Another user here had the world destroyer bug, he had to restore the world to get it working again.

My containers work a little different they update on a start/restart of the container itself (the description also tells that).

 

Have you got a log?

 

Already played on my server and there is no problem please look at this post and the following few:

 

Which log file do you need?

appinfo_log.txt configstore_log.txt connection_log.txt

Link to post
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Summary: Support Thread for ich777 Gameserver Dockers (CounterStrike: Source & ConterStrike: GO, TeamFortress 2, ArmA III,... - complete list in the second post) Application: SteamCMD Do

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)   You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default a

Dockers Available so far:   SteamCMD DedicatedServers: CounterStrike: Source CounterStrike: Global Offensive TeamFortress 2 ArmA3 - requested by @MrSage D

Posted Images

Reboot isn't updating the server this time.

 

I've upgraded the server in the past just using a restart on the docker.  This time around it's having an issue.

 

[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.
src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (3553) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x56ae28f0/0x0x2a1ccb'

 

I'm not sure what's changed, as I've changed nothing about my firewall or configuration.  This is a vanilla server, no mods.

Link to post
49 minutes ago, UtahDeLorean said:

Which log file do you need?

From the Docker itself, click on the logo of the container and select Log.

Have you already read the posts and tried to restore a backup?

 

38 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

[----] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update. Please confirm your network connection and try again.

It seems that your container has no connection to the internet.

Link to post
33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It seems that your container has no connection to the internet.

 

It definitely has access.  There's nothing blocking it.  My friends could connect to it on Valheim up until this update.  I got to the console and tried a ping but ping wasn't installed.. so makes it hard to troubleshoot.

 

Also we can see it on the Community Servers list with the old version.

Edited by Saiba Samurai
Link to post
29 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

I got to the console and tried a ping but ping wasn't installed.. so makes it hard to troubleshoot.

If you want to install ping open up a Docker console for Valheim and then typ in the following commands:

  1. su
  2. apt update
  3. apt install inetutils-ping

 

Then you have ping installed.

 

29 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

It definitely has access.  There's nothing blocking it.

Eventually it can't resolve the address for the Steam servers you can also try to add '--dns=8.8.8.8' to the Extra Parameters of the container and see if this works.

 

I have played today on the server and it works just fine (also it did the auto update just fine, didn't realized that there was an update until a user posted here a comment about it).

 

EDIT: Also nothing has changed in the container itself since they update all on it's own.

Have you got a Docker log?

Link to post
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

From the Docker itself, click on the logo of the container and select Log.

Have you already read the posts and tried to restore a backup?

 

 

So I went in and resorted the worlds from a back up, but it  didn't do any thing.

 

Here is the info from the logs window

valheim.log

Link to post
48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

If you want to install ping open up a Docker console for Valheim and then typ in the following commands:

  1. su
  2. apt update
  3. apt install inetutils-ping

 

Then you have ping installed.

 

Eventually it can't resolve the address for the Steam servers you can also try to add '--dns=8.8.8.8' to the Extra Parameters of the container and see if this works.

 

I have played today on the server and it works just fine (also it did the auto update just fine, didn't realized that there was an update until a user posted here a comment about it).

 

EDIT: Also nothing has changed in the container itself since they update all on it's own.

Have you got a Docker log?

 

It was DNS.. it had internet.. just didn't have a DNS server.  Thanks!

Link to post

I don't know what happened.... But I tried to replace the world files, but that didn't work... I ended up make a whole new folder and that seemed to work.

I'll have to do some more testing to make sure that everything is still there

 

Link to post

I am trying to run a valheim server with very simple setup but this is the output in the logs when I start it up:

 

---ValheimPlus v0.9.6 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---with Valheim Plus---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 4 milliseconds to initialize
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 0 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 71): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

 

even after 30 minutes i cannot see the server showing up and I am wondering if this line is the issue:
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

I tried changing to ports 2466-2468 because my router was giving an error with the original ports when i forward them but the problem persists. I also made sure to install the valheim plus information in the correct areas but I am not very knowledgable in unraid and making things work. very new here. 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Kvo1087 said:

I am trying to run a valheim server with very simple setup but this is the output in the logs when I start it up

The log seems totaly fine.

 

4 hours ago, Kvo1087 said:

[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

No this line is fine, the dedicated server can't find a running instance of Steam but well it couldn't find a running instance because it's a dedicated server. Nothing to worry about.

 

Have you already read the second post and tried to connect with the Steam Server Browser from your internal network (see the 2nd recommended post on the top of this thread)?

 

Also please note if you are using ValheimPlus all clients must have ValheimPlus installed with the exact same mods and settings otherwise you won't be able to connect.

 

4 hours ago, Kvo1087 said:

I tried changing to ports 2466-2468 because my router was giving an error with the original ports when i forward them but the problem persists. I also made sure to install the valheim plus information in the correct areas but I am not very knowledgable in unraid and making things work. very new here. 

Please undo the changes and try to run it like it is by default and try to connect through the Steam Server Browser from your local network after that you can try to change the ports (also if you want to change the ports read the 3rd recommended post on the top of this thread).

 

7 hours ago, thunderclap said:

Any chance we can get a docker for Portal Knights?

I can try this but keep in mind that I have to do it with WINE and this can cause much overhead and can consume much system resources (more then on native windows).

Also this involves to copy files manually to make the server even work since the dedicated server files are shipped with the game itself and this means that no automatic updates will work.

Link to post

Hello @ich777,

 

Thanks for the great work you do!

 

I have an issue where the server will not show the new update, it is validating and no connections issues. I have added the DNS in the extra parametres. The server is live showing up on the server list as 0.147.3 and not 0.148.6.

 

Is there something I am missing, normally don't have any issues.

 

update: Problem solved, server was not updating because of the username and password. Once they were removed the server connected as a guest to steam and everything worked prefectly. Hope that helps someone.

Edited by Fatt0x
Update
Link to post
11 minutes ago, Fatt0x said:

Problem solved, server was not updating because of the username and password. Once they were removed the server connected as a guest to steam and everything worked prefectly. Hope that helps someone.

Yes, the Steam credentials are only needed if they are marked as required (please also see the first post).

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, the Steam credentials are only needed if they are marked as required (please also see the first post).

 

Thank you, I completely missed it.

Link to post

I admit it... I am an absolute beginner here...

 

I am trying to install SCP Secret Laboratory for my son and I am just completely LOST!

I open console and run 'docker exec -u steam -ti SCP-SecretLaboratory screen -xS SCP' and I am seeing the error:

 

Can't find game executable "SCPSL.x86_64", the working directory must be the game directory

 

I have no clue what I am doing here or where to even START to get this going for him. Is there a tutorial or a walkthrough, or a video or ANYTHING to help?

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

I open console

Which console from Unraid or the container? The command that you posted above is for a Unraid console not the container console.

Why do you want to connect to the console?

 

17 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

I admit it... I am an absolute beginner here...

SCP is not the easiest game to begin with... :D

 

18 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

Is there a tutorial or a walkthrough, or a video or ANYTHING to help?

The containers work basically like a dedicated server that you run on bare metal but instead the container does all for you.

 

The container should be up and running and do everything so that you can play the game. Can you post the log from the container (Click on the icon on the Docker page -> Log -> select everything and past it in a text file -> drag the text file here in the textbox).

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Which console from Unraid or the container? The command that you posted above is for a Unraid console not the container console.

Why do you want to connect to the console?

 

SCP is not the easiest game to begin with... :D

 

The containers work basically like a dedicated server that you run on bare metal but instead the container does all for you.

 

The container should be up and running and do everything so that you can play the game. Can you post the log from the container (Click on the icon on the Docker page -> Log -> select everything and past it in a text file -> drag the text file here in the textbox).

Yeh... This goes back to me not having a CLUE what I am doing here. 

 

The container says it is up and running. Here is the log

 

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'etherbunny337' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
Logging in user 'etherbunny337' to Steam Public ...
Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Failed to install app '996560' (No subscription)
---Installing MultiAdmin---
---MultiAdmin sucessfully verified---
---Installing ServerMod---
---ServerMod sucessfully verified---
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old logs---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[17:29:15] Using global config "/serverdata/serverfiles/scp_multiadmin.cfg"...
[17:29:15] Can't find game executable "SCPSL.x86_64", the working directory must be the game directory
[17:29:15] Startup failed! Waiting for 10000 ms before retrying...

 

My son has the game but I do not. I am just trying to install a server for him. Would I need to put his creds in?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

My son has the game but I do not. I am just trying to install a server for him. Would I need to put his creds in?

I will look into this, I think there has something changed with multiadmin that I use in this container and the container is now not working anymore, will report back. ;)

Thanks for the log and report. :)

Link to post
Just now, ich777 said:

I will look into this, I think there has something changed with multiadmin that I use in this container and the container is now not working anymore, will report back. ;)

Thanks for the log and report. :)

Thank you!

 

Just trying to help my son out and learning along the way!

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

Thank you!

 

Just trying to help my son out and learning along the way!

I tried it now on my server and can't reproduce this behaviour.

Have you installed a cache drive in your server? If yes to what is the Use Cache setting set for the folder where SCP is located in?

 

If no what path is set for your appdata and on which disk is it?

Have you changed anything else in the template (eventually a screenshot of the template would be helpful).

 

Here is my log: scp.log

Link to post
40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I tried it now on my server and can't reproduce this behaviour.

Have you installed a cache drive in your server? If yes to what is the Use Cache setting set for the folder where SCP is located in?

 

If no what path is set for your appdata and on which disk is it?

Have you changed anything else in the template (eventually a screenshot of the template would be helpful).

 

Here is my log: scp.log

I do have a Cache drive set up. 512 SSD. 

 

I have not altered the template at all. Like I said, I am VERY new to this. I have left EVERYTHNG default minus my steam creds.

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.18.13 AM.png

Link to post
31 minutes ago, Warren Crusenberry said:

I do have a Cache drive set up. 512 SSD. 

Is your appdata directory on your cache drive? Please go to your Share settings for the appdata directory and check to what Use Cache is set (please set it to "Only" or "Prefer" since the container won't work when the files are spread across multiple disks).

 

The problem in your case is the location where the files are located, once we figure this out you can actually play on it.

Link to post
9 hours ago, ich777 said:
16 hours ago, thunderclap said:

Any chance we can get a docker for Portal Knights?

I can try this but keep in mind that I have to do it with WINE and this can cause much overhead and can consume much system resources (more then on native windows).

Also this involves to copy files manually to make the server even work since the dedicated server files are shipped with the game itself and this means that no automatic updates will work.

No worries. Sounds like a lot of work at the request of one person. :) Thanks though!

Edited by thunderclap
Link to post

Hey Guys

 

its my first Unraid Installation and i got Problems to connect Docker Gameserver to net.

 

I tryed to setup a Valheim Server and testet an Avorion Docker both are not connectable from inet.

 

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.1642b2b3c83022355be66725fb876ec9.jpg

Screenshot_1.thumb.jpg.1e8808f3059abe8a5cef77f04a93dabc.jpg

 

i setup Ports in my Fritzbox / switched Gameserver Ports  and tryed DMZ on the IP but nothing works so far.

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Balani said:

its my first Unraid Installation and i got Problems to connect Docker Gameserver to net.

 

I tryed to setup a Valheim Server and testet an Avorion Docker both are not connectable from inet.

 

Screenshot_2.thumb.jpg.1642b2b3c83022355be66725fb876ec9.jpg

 

i setup Ports in my Fritzbox / switched Gameserver Ports  and tryed DMZ on the IP but nothing works so far.

 

The way you've done this can't work, please read the description in the template at the ports, you can't translate the ports like in your example from 2456 to 5550 you have to create new entries for that.

The background to this is that the game actually want's to connect on port 2456 because the query port 2457 that you've translated into 5551 tells the client to connect on 2456 but it can't because you set it to 5550, I hope this makes sense to you. You can translate ports for something like a WebGUI but not for all gameservers because the query port of most games tell the client on which port it should actually connect to.

 

For more detailed instructions see the 3rd recommended post on the top of this thread.

 

Hoffe das hilft ;)

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.