[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Symon said:

Thank you for the ARK docker @ich777 ! :)

I managed to get it to work even though it was a bit more complicated as I use the Epic Client and wanted to keep a password my server.

 

What is the recommended way if I want to to install Mods on the ARK server?

I wasn't aware the epic client supported mods. 

 

If you do not wish to use the steamCMD tools, then you will want to copy the mods from your PC (<pathtoARK>\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\) muber of the folder that contains the mod and the number.mod file, over to your unraid machine in <pathtoARK>/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/ 

 

then ether the modID in ether the Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini as ActiveMods=2229978458,1083349027,1211297684 or add them to the docker "Game Parameters:" variable as ?GameModIds=ModID1,ModID2

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Cyd said:

I wasn't aware the epic client supported mods. 

 

If you do not wish to use the steamCMD tools, then you will want to copy the mods from your PC (<pathtoARK>\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\) muber of the folder that contains the mod and the number.mod file, over to your unraid machine in <pathtoARK>/ShooterGame/Content/Mods/ 

 

then ether the modID in ether the Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini as ActiveMods=2229978458,1083349027,1211297684 or add them to the docker "Game Parameters:" variable as ?GameModIds=ModID1,ModID2

Just looking into this .. it seems you are right and the only ways right now is to use a crack ..

I guess I first try it out without any mods :)

Link to comment
12 hours ago, Symon said:

I use the Epic Client and wanted to keep a password my server.

I don't understand completely. The Steam server version and the Epic client version are compatible and you can play on the Steam server version with the Epic client version there is only a startup command that you have to add in the template and you are able to connect, but I can't remember what command this is, search in his thread for Epic and you will find it.

 

EDIT: Here is the flag that you have to add at the Extra Game Parameters:

-crossplay

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand completely. The Steam server version and the Epic client version are compatible and you can play on the Steam server version with the Epic client version there is only a startup command that you have to add in the template and you are able to connect, but I can't remember what command this is, search in his thread for Epic and you will find it.

 

EDIT: Here is the flag that you have to add at the Extra Game Parameters:


-crossplay

 

@ich777 You are correct, the problem he has is that Epic has no "workshop" to download mods from.

 

@Symon I would be interested to know if the Epic ARK client would be able to download mods by connecting to a server that has mods. Hit me up on DM if you want to give it a try.

Link to comment

They need to be installed on the client as well. When connecting to a moded server the client ether a: downloads them from the server or b: marks them as subscribed and lets steam down load them, I'm not sure which... 

 

as far as I know the --crossplay flag only allows Epic clients to connect to un-moded servers... 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
On 2/9/2021 at 3:21 PM, luckyy said:

Just thought I'd share my experience setting up a Valheim server with this docker app from @ich777(thank you!)

 

You don't need to worry about Steam authentication for Valheim, the default anonymous user can download and host a server (yay!), so no fuss with Steam users or Steam Guard to worry about.

  1. Deploy the docker as provided, leaving username & password blank.
  2. The Server Name field is important, this is how your name will appear in the public server list in Valheim.  (as of this writing there are 7 "Valheim Docker" server names, good luck finding yours!    So choose something unique that you and your friends can find.
  3. World Name is the name of your world, this can be anything, if you wish to import a single-player or self-hosted save file in your docker, this name must be set to the same name/spelling as your save game world.
  4. Save the docker/let it install.
  5. You'll want to make sure your firewall or router has UDP ports 2456-2458 forwarded to your Unraid server's IP so the game can work as intended.

In 10-15 minutes typically you should see your server name in the public server list in Valheim, you're done!

 

 

* if you wish to import a previous save file, you need to make sure the Docker is Stopped first.   Then browse your local computer's profile, typically in "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds" you will find your save games.

 

You'll want to take a copy of your world files, database, everything named the same as your world name over to your docker data files, by default with this docker settings should be:

\\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

 

Place your save game files in there, and overwrite any existing newly generated world of the same name with your save game.

 

Start the Docker, wait for it to appear in Valheim, join & play!

 

I hope this was helpful for someone, took a bit to figure out the exact steps to follow :)

 

 

 Thank you for this guide, much appreciated.  I installed this over a week ago and it runs flawlessly  on LAN but I cant get this to show up on steam nor can connect via the internet. I thought it was my IPS provided modem/router combo so i purchased one to take that out of equation. I forwarded the ports and still no access. I run other dockers such as Plex that have no issues communicating over the internet. Anyone have any idea on why I cant get this to show up on steam or to even have people join via the IP:port option?

 

EDIT: I'm new to this type of forum.. really wish the forum was separated into the specific docker container. So i started looking through and it appears other people have the same issue. The Docker seems simple to setup but perhaps im just missing something. I am literally just adding the server name, world name and enabling auto update and that is it. Should i be doing more?

 

Edited by Jaxs
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jaxs said:

Anyone have any idea on why I cant get this to show up on steam or to even have people join via the IP:port option?

To what port are you connecting to? Are you trying to connect with your local IP or your public IP?

Can you post a screenshot from your Docker template.

 

2 hours ago, Jaxs said:

really wish the forum was separated into the specific docker container.

Sorry I'm a single developer and if I make a thread for every game server I have (I think I passed to 90 mark...) the support would horrible for me...

 

2 hours ago, Jaxs said:

appears other people have the same issue

The other issues are all solved now.

What ports have you forwarded?

 

 

Link to comment

I used the stock docker setting that is setup for 2456-2458 I believe, sorry I'm at work so everything will be by memory. I have been entering through the game and typing my local IP to get into the server. I have tried through steam server tab but have been unsuccessful. I have also tried my WAN/external IP and port and it does not connect.   I've looked at the  server log while it boots and nothing stood out as an issue at the time, though i will check again tonight and post a screenshot of  both docker template and server log.  I will also double check my port forward as well and screen shot that as well.

 

I greatly appreciate your support, i didnt realize you had so many contributions to  support. 

Edited by Jaxs
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jaxs said:

I used the stock docker setting that is setup for 2456-2458 I believe, sorry I'm at work so everything will be by memory. I have been entering through the game and typing my local IP to get into the server. I have tried through steam server tab but have been unsuccessful. I have also tried my WAN/external IP and port and it does not connect.   I've looked at the  server log while it boots and nothing stood out as an issue at the time, though i will check again tonight and post a screenshot of  both docker template and server log.  I will also double check my port forward as well and screen shot that as well.

 

I greatly appreciate your support, i didnt realize you had so many contributions to  support. 

Did you forward the ports in your router to the Valheim docker?

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jaxs said:

I have tried through steam server tab but have been unsuccessful.

We need a little bit more details...

With which port did you try it in the Steam server browser?

Can you post screenshots of the template and also from the Steam server browser?

It's very unlikely that the Steam server browser doesn't see the game at all...

 

1 hour ago, Jaxs said:

I will also double check my port forward as well and screen shot that as well.

Please make sure to forward the 3 ports and that you forward UDP and not TCP or TCP and UDP, only UDP!

 

If you can connect locally (through whatever method) I think it can only a port forwarding issue.

 

Also please note that if your router doesn't support NAT reflection or is not properly configured so that it has NAT reflection enabled that you can't connect from your internal IP with your public IP.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

We need a little bit more details...

With which port did you try it in the Steam server browser?

Can you post screenshots of the template and also from the Steam server browser?

It's very unlikely that the Steam server browser doesn't see the game at all...

 

Please make sure to forward the 3 ports and that you forward UDP and not TCP or TCP and UDP, only UDP!

 

If you can connect locally (through whatever method) I think it can only a port forwarding issue.

 

Also please note that if your router doesn't support NAT reflection or is not properly configured so that it has NAT reflection enabled that you can't connect from your internal IP with your public IP.

Ok you are correct, I can go through the server tab in steam for the local connection using port 2457 but not externally using my IP:2456 or 7.

 

I attached the screen shot of my port forwarding. According to my router documentation i believe that is correct but i could be wrong. I will try to add other iterations of this

Link to comment

OK..... problem solved i believe. So i got a message from my ISP last week that they were doing maintenance to the entire township and i was included in that. What i didnt know is that my IP address changed 😆.  Steam seems to be able to see it both ways now. I will have a friend try to connect and see what happens

  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Jaxs said:

OK..... problem solved i believe. So i got a message from my ISP last week that they were doing maintenance to the entire township and i was included in that. What i didnt know is that my IP address changed 😆.  Steam seems to be able to see it both ways now. I will have a friend try to connect and see what happens

That happens.

Glad you figured it out :)

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Jaxs said:

Yup i can connect now both ways without an issue. Good lord.... so sorry to bother you for something so stupid. Thank you for being patient and trying to help

No worries. It was not at your end, it was at your ISP's end :)

 

Link to comment

Hey, I'm getting this error in PavlovVR

 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '622970' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if 'Game.ini' exists---
---'Game.ini' found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
ln: failed to create hard link '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' => '../serverfiles/linux64/steamclient.so': Invalid cross-device link
ln: failed to create hard link '/serverdata/serverfiles/Pavlov/Binaries/Linux/steamclient.so': File exists
/serverdata/serverfiles/Pavlov/Binaries/Linux/PavlovServer: error while loading shared libraries: libc++.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

All the other game servers have worked fine for me, and I can't find any Pavlov or hardlink issues in this thread, any ideas?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Phillycj said:

Hey, I'm getting this error in PavlovVR

 



Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '622970' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking if 'Game.ini' exists---
---'Game.ini' found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
ln: failed to create hard link '/serverdata/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' => '../serverfiles/linux64/steamclient.so': Invalid cross-device link
ln: failed to create hard link '/serverdata/serverfiles/Pavlov/Binaries/Linux/steamclient.so': File exists
/serverdata/serverfiles/Pavlov/Binaries/Linux/PavlovServer: error while loading shared libraries: libc++.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

 

All the other game servers have worked fine for me, and I can't find any Pavlov or hardlink issues in this thread, any ideas?

Pushed a update of the container, please force a update of the container on the Docker page or pull a fresh copy from the CA App and it will work after the update. ;)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Whats the best way to config settings for the GameUserSettings.ini in Ark?

I've tried to put it into the ini file in \ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer but unfortunately, every time the game start it gets overwritten. For now I added the settings into the Game Parameters of the docker but I've read somewhere that not all the settings work this way.

 

Another question is how to change the Game.ini in the \ark-se\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxServer  path but I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it :)

 

I also figured out that you can overwrite the default config files in \ark-se\ShooterGame\Config and it works but I guess that is not the way it was meant to be :D

 

Thanks for your help!

 

Link to comment

-------------------------------------
---OpenTTD not found! Downloading,---
---compiling and installing v1.11.0---
---Please be patient, this can take--
---some time, waiting 15 seconds..---
-------------------------------------
---Successfully downloaded OpenTTD v1.11.0---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 60: /serverdata/serverfiles/compileopenttd/openttd-1.11.0/configure: No such file or directory
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop.
---Something went wrong, couldn't install OpenTTD v1.11.0---

 

Any help regarding this? Am I supposed to install anything manually first or?

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Symon said:

Thanks for your help!

Eventually @Cyd can help but the files shouldn't be overwritten at the start...

 

39 minutes ago, Mokkisjeva said:

Any help regarding this? Am I supposed to install anything manually first or?

No, eventually the developers of the game have changed something so the Container isn't working anymore, I will look into this and report back.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Mokkisjeva said:

Any help regarding this? Am I supposed to install anything manually first or?

Please delete the Container and the 'openttd' directory that is located in your 'appdata' folder and pull a fresh copy from the CA App, update the container and it is now working again.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.