[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 hours ago, Newtious said:

somewhere i found out how to run multiple servers of the same game but cant remember where /how..  anyone got a link?  i wana put up a couple hurtworld servers..  

Just go to your Dockerpage in unRAID and on the bottom of the page click:

add.jpg.950708d6bdfd1e6dda0bb67fc7cca2b7.jpg

Then select your existing template (green arrow), change the name to anything else then the first, the same for the 'Serverfiles' directory, 'Servername', 'UDP1' and 'UDP2' (don't forget to delete the UDP ports and create now ones with the Container and the host port the same):

set.thumb.jpg.eb8b3420fb61d8d60bfbc16d3a0f1fd1.jpg

Also don't forget to click on 'Show more settings' and change the 'GAME_PORT' and 'QUERY_PORT' to the 'UDP1' and 'UDP2' values and then click 'Apply'.

grafik.thumb.png.5a5e39a2ba2b06bd037c99812a756125.png

5 hours ago, lordbob75 said:

Oh I'm sure it's my fault somehow, I just dunno how.

@ich777 Alrighty I think I have it figured out.  I believe the server was continually rebooting itself (taking about a minute to do so) and throwing an error when it tried to start, causing the reboot.

Error seems to have been caused by an out-dated map-settings file, which has now been corrected.  Server is stable, and the log is no longer being spammed.  Problem solved!  Confirmed I can connect to it as well.

Not sure what exactly happened with the map file, but I'm sure it was because of updates.

Good to hear, also you don't have to assign the container a fixed ip but that's fine if you did. ;)

Edited by ich777
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Just go to your Dockerpage in unRAID and on the bottom of the page click:

add.jpg.950708d6bdfd1e6dda0bb67fc7cca2b7.jpg

Then select your existing template (green arrow), change the name to anything else then the first, the same for the 'Serverfiles' directory, 'Servername', 'UDP1' and 'UDP2' (don't forget to delete the UDP ports and create now ones with the Container and the host port the same):

set.thumb.jpg.eb8b3420fb61d8d60bfbc16d3a0f1fd1.jpg

Also don't forget to click on 'Show more settings' and change the 'GAME_PORT' and 'QUERY_PORT' to the 'UDP1' and 'UDP2' values and then click 'Apply'.

grafik.thumb.png.5a5e39a2ba2b06bd037c99812a756125.png

Good to hear, also you don't have to assign the container a fixed ip but that's fine if you did. ;)

how do i set this to start saving my dockers ect to a specific drive?  i wana put my games on one of my smaller faster drives instead of having everything in my movie drive

5 minutes ago, Newtious said:

how do i set this to start saving my dockers ect to a specific drive?  i wana put my games on one of my smaller faster drives instead of having everything in my movie drive

Just click on the 'ServerFiles' and put it wherever you want eg: '/mnt/user/MySuperspecialGames/Hurtworld1', '/mnt/user/MySuperspecialGames/Hurtworld2'...

5 minutes ago, Newtious said:

what do i type into the server files section..  i have no cache drive (seems my add in card for m.2 is not supported) ..  say i want it in drive 1..

You don't need a cache drive it's recommended...

You can also make it like this: '/mnt/disk1/Hurtworld1', '/mnt/disk1/Hurtworld2'...

But keep in mind that each folder that you create will create a share directly to a disk so i would recommend you to do it like in the example above change 'MySuperspecialGames' to 'Hurtworldservers' or whatever you want.

• Like 1

for the game ports..  i delete the 2 that are listed.. and enter the new port numbers in the bottom area where you click show more.. and then apply and it re populates with the right ports?

so i deleted the ports..   what do i put for

config type
name
container path
host path
access mode (read/write)?
Description

sorry im totally new to this.. and I totally appreciate your help!

so i just split screened it.. and did a copy paste of the other server and changed the port number ..  hope that was right?

Edited by Newtious
37 minutes ago, Newtious said:

for the game ports..  i delete the 2 that are listed.. and enter the new port numbers in the bottom area where you click show more.. and then apply and it re populates with the right ports?

so i deleted the ports..   what do i put for

config type
name
container path
host path
access mode (read/write)?
Description

sorry im totally new to this.. and I totally appreciate your help!

so i just split screened it.. and did a copy paste of the other server and changed the port number ..  hope that was right?

Please read the post above carefully...

You don't have to splitscreen it.

Just click on ADD Container on the bottom of the Docker page in unRAID, click on the dropdown to select you existing Hurtworld template.

Then in this dialog give it a new name, serverpath delete the ports and create new ones, change the servername and change the 2 ports under more settings like in the post with the screenshots and click on apply.

Now you have a 2nd hurtworld container running.

Edited by ich777
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read the post above carefully...

You don't have to splitscreen it.

Just click on ADD Container on the bottom of the Docker page in unRAID, click on the dropdown to select you existing Hurtworld template.

Then in this dialog give it a new name, serverpath delete the ports and create new ones, change the servername and change the 2 ports under more settings like in the post with the screenshots and click on apply.

Now you have a 2nd hurtworld container running.

when you delete the ports..  knowing what to put in what place makes the world of difference when your not a programmer...    i went through and clicked edit on one screen and populated the fields on the other..    I have no idea how the whole coding thing works on here so i had no idea where to start..

10 minutes ago, Newtious said:

when you delete the ports..  knowing what to put in what place makes the world of difference when your not a programmer...    i went through and clicked edit on one screen and populated the fields on the other..    I have no idea how the whole coding thing works on here so i had no idea where to start..

Look at the old porta that you delete first.

Just click add, then select port and then on container port that you want and on host port the same as container port also select the protocol, i think it's udp for this container. More is not needed and of course the second port for this container.

Hello, I am trying to use the MinecraftBasicServer, but I can't get it to execute any other jars than vanilla. I've tried paper and spigot. I changed the serverfile name in the config, but it doesn't even seem to load it. It will sit at 2-3mb ram with 0% cpu usage. I also tried just changing the spigot jar file to server.jar and try to load it that way, but that didn't even work.

Hello, I have a question about using the Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server.

Im trying to add automatic backup functionality of the world using some premade scripts from TapeWerm on GitHub https://github.com/TapeWerm/MCscripts

Is there an easy way to add this functionality? I don't seem to have root access to be able to pull these files. It would be great otherwise if automatic backup could be implemented into the container utilizing these scripts or custom ones using the arguments provided by Mojang. 

Thanks so much! love your work on this project so far.

2 hours ago, mxbepis said:

Hello, I am trying to use the MinecraftBasicServer, but I can't get it to execute any other jars than vanilla. I've tried paper and spigot. I changed the serverfile name in the config, but it doesn't even seem to load it. It will sit at 2-3mb ram with 0% cpu usage. I also tried just changing the spigot jar file to server.jar and try to load it that way, but that didn't even work.

In the template, try to change the path to the appdata directory from: '/mnt/cache/minecraftbasicserver' to '/mnt/user/minecraftbasicserver', i think that's the main problem introduced in 6.8.0...

2 hours ago, sunny01331 said:

Hello, I have a question about using the Minecraft Bedrock Edition Server.

Im trying to add automatic backup functionality of the world using some premade scripts from TapeWerm on GitHub https://github.com/TapeWerm/MCscripts

Is there an easy way to add this functionality? I don't seem to have root access to be able to pull these files. It would be great otherwise if automatic backup could be implemented into the container utilizing these scripts or custom ones using the arguments provided by Mojang. 

Thanks so much! love your work on this project so far.

Yes, just make download 'CA Backup / Restore Appdata' from the CA App and create a backup plan (also you can select at the bottom of the settings from the plugin (Show Advanced Settings) to not stop the container when the backup is running.

Or you also can do it with the 'User Scripts' to set a custom chrone job.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

In the template, try to change the path to the appdata directory from: '/mnt/cache/minecraftbasicserver' to '/mnt/user/minecraftbasicserver', i think that's the main problem introduced in 6.8.0...

It wont launch vanilla there either. I reinstalled the docker image and rebooted the server. I got it to launch vanilla in '/mnt/disk1/ect' but not any of the other jar files.

Edited by mxbepis
1 hour ago, mxbepis said:

It wont launch vanilla there either. I reinstalled the docker image and rebooted the server. I got it to launch vanilla in '/mnt/disk1/ect' but not any of the other jar files.

What does the log from the container say?

Edited by ich777
1 minute ago, mxbepis said:

Woops, did that after I reinstalled the docker. It still doesn't load the spigot-1.15.1 or the paper-32 jars. Log also looks the same when loading them.

Are you copying this from a mac to your unraid server? I think i've got the problem one time that the .jar doesn't work when they are copyd from a mac...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Are you copying this from a mac to your unraid server? I think i've got the problem one time that the .jar doesn't work when they are copyd from a mac...

Nope all from WindowsPC over ethernet, I even loaded them up on the PC to make sure the jars actually work.

2 minutes ago, mxbepis said:

Nope all from WindowsPC over ethernet, I even loaded them up on the PC to make sure the jars actually work.

No problem here (keep in mind that you must restart the container if it starts up successfully):

grafik.thumb.png.dc507683f9d2cad8ab81ec5e2d90b1d9.png

What does the log now say? Have you also deleted the minecraft folder inside your appdata?

Edited by ich777
9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No problem here (keep in mind that you must restart the container if it starts up successfully):

grafik.thumb.png.dc507683f9d2cad8ab81ec5e2d90b1d9.png

What does the log now say? Have you also deleted the minecraft folder inside your appdata?

---Something went wrong, please install Minecraft Server manually. Putting server into sleep mode---

Yes, minecraft in appdata is deleted.

5 minutes ago, mxbepis said:

---Something went wrong, please install Minecraft Server manually. Putting server into sleep mode---

Yes, minecraft in appdata is deleted.

Sure that you got the jar file in the right directory on the server?

It points to '/mnt/disk1/poseidon/pepsl'.

The container simply can't find the jar file that you specified, can you please try to reinstall all with the default settings and change then everything step by step?

This must be simply a configuration error, on my server it works like it should.