[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

25 minutes ago, IaMs12 said:

Thanks ich777 for all the work you do for the containers. Been using your Minecraft one for a few months now and its easy to use working well!

Was wondering if anyone could help me with being able to add a second Minecraft server. I'm a little stuck. I created a new container using the working Minecraft server as a template and changed up the port #s and with a new name. I then tried to add it to my DuckDNS, and LetsEncrypt as a new subdomain.

Container starts successfully in Unraid but when i go to the server files to upload the new server.jar it did not actually run or download any of the needed files. I was wondering where i might be going wrong with setting up the second docker. Original still works. Would greatly appreciate any guidance/advice! See attached below of settings i've got for the two containers.

That's really strange, does the container nothing? After you created a new one from your existing template?

I can only speak for myself, if i edit a container or give it a new name the old is removed and converted to the new name.

I would recommend you to rename your existing/working container to something other than MinecraftBasicServer, then again click on Add Container on the bottom of the Docker page in Unraid, select the MinecraftBasicServer template and click on the 'X' icon and then redownload it from the CA App and also specify again another name than MinecraftBasicServer so that you can pull always a new template from the CA App (in case you need a third... :) )

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's really strange, does the container nothing? After you created a new one from your existing template?

I can only speak for myself, if i edit a container or give it a new name the old is removed and converted to the new name.

I would recommend you to rename your existing/working container to something other than MinecraftBasicServer, then again click on Add Container on the bottom of the Docker page in Unraid, select the MinecraftBasicServer template and click on the 'X' icon and then redownload it from the CA App and also specify again another name than MinecraftBasicServer so that you can pull always a new template from the CA App (in case you need a third... :) )

Ah thank you! That worked it is definitely running now! Thanks for such a quick response too!

One issue now is that i have 2 servers running under the same Letsencrypt/DuckDNS. Would you know how to go about separating them so they are seen as 2 separate servers when trying to connect? Do i need to make a 2nd docker container for LetsEncrypt and DuckDNS as well under a different Token so that they can be see separately, or is there a more streamlined way of setting it up?

Greatly appreciate all the help!

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, IaMs12 said:

Ah thank you! That worked it is definitely running now! Thanks for such a quick response too!

One issue now is that i have 2 servers running under the same Letsencrypt/DuckDNS. Would you know how to go about separating them so they are seen as 2 separate servers when trying to connect? Do i need to make a 2nd docker container for LetsEncrypt and DuckDNS as well under a different Token so that they can be see separately, or is there a more streamlined way of setting it up?

Greatly appreciate all the help!

You've run them over reverse proxy?

This is not necessary, you can just NAT the ports in your router like for port 80 and 443 for the letsencrypt container then you can connect from within the game like: 'yourduckdnsname.com:25565' and the other one: 'yourduckdnsname.com:25566' (or whatever you ports you've selected without quotes).

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You've run them over reverse proxy?

This is not necessary, you can just NAT the ports in your router like for port 80 and 443 for the letsencrypt container then you can connect from within the game like: 'yourduckdnsname.com:25565' and the other one: 'yourduckdnsname.com:25566' (or whatever you ports you've selected without quotes).

I'm new to Unraid and concept of containers. I was reading online that it was a good idea to do that before opening up the containers to the internet for others to connect to.

But, that worked! Simple as that of specifying the port # at the end, thank you so much!

10 minutes ago, IaMs12 said:

I'm new to Unraid and concept of containers. I was reading online that it was a good idea to do that before opening up the containers to the internet for others to connect to.

But, that worked! Simple as that of specifying the port # at the end, thank you so much!

It's good for other webservices and also you can proxy manny of my gameservers but in much cases (where you need more than one port) it get's really difficult...

My containers run all without root and should br more or less safe for opening them directly to the internet (but what is safe nowerdays...).

Glad if everything worked out for you! ;)

Just now, ich777 said:

It's good for other webservices and also you can proxy manny of my gameservers but in much cases (where you need more than one port) it get's really difficult...

My containers run all without root and should br more or less safe for opening them directly to the internet (but what is safe nowerdays...).

Glad if everything worked out for you! ;)

True that, fortunately its only a minecraft server haha. Thats good info, slowly but surely i will learn some more about dockers and unraid. Its been great learning experience and fun.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Have you got a cache drive in your server or does it run of of the array drives?

Also please note that you must increase the size of the allocated ram for the java vm in the template if you run forge and a lot of plugins...

Tried the latest spigot and vanilla version without any problem, starts just fine and can join the game.

Well that was it thanks for the help!

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, ngreis said:

Hello

Could you setup a docker container for a steam game called Space Enginers?

Thx in advance

Ngreis

Nope, please search this thread for Space Eningeers and you will find the answer.

The short story, this is a windows only game with linux don't in mind.

Hi! I just got unraid and I like it so far, I'm trying to get a cs go server for me and my friends to play on, but I cant seem to connect to my own server. When I open try to open the game in the community server browser -> LAN i get this error: "server only accepting connections from game lobby (internal ip)" or it times out after 30 tries. I have added the token in game_params and I have open the ports 27015 -> 27016 on both TCP and UDP. 

I was thinking.. Is it not suppose to show my external IP adress instead of my internal in the game browser?

im attaching the log from the docker for you too see, but I cant see any error

(this is my first docker and I have never doen this before)

csserver.txt

11 minutes ago, AgentClown said:

Hi! I just got unraid and I like it so far, I'm trying to get a cs go server for me and my friends to play on, but I cant seem to connect to my own server. When I open try to open the game in the community server browser -> LAN i get this error: "server only accepting connections from game lobby (internal ip)" or it times out after 30 tries. I have added the token in game_params and I have open the ports 27015 -> 27016 on both TCP and UDP. 

I was thinking.. Is it not suppose to show my external IP adress instead of my internal in the game browser?

im attaching the log from the docker for you too see, but I cant see any error

(this is my first docker and I have never doen this before)

csserver.txt 12.04 kB · 0 downloads

I'm not quite sure if you need to have the game publicly available and connect through that address.

You can test that with CS:Source if you own it, this game is also playable over LAN, just add it in Favourites.

Port 27015 UDP is enough ;)

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm not quite sure if you need to have the game publicly available and connect through that address.

You can test that with CS:Source if you own it, this game is also playable over LAN, just add it in Favourites.

Port 27015 UDP is enough ;)

But  I'm not on a LAN with my friends, they are all over the place, so they cant join (thru my external ip+:27015) and I cant join with my internal IP

Edit: got it to work after a reinstall of the docker

Edited by AgentClown
  • Like 1

Im just going to list a bunch of games I play..  and hopefully you will find time to check and see if they can be made into dockers..  ( I still dont see a list of what games wont work for dockers :P ) 

Citadel: forged with fire
Eco
Outlaws of the old west
Astroneer
CardLife
Empyrion - galactic Survival
Hold your own
New Dawn
New Frontier
Out of reach

Ylands

now i totally get it if i have to buy a copy for my server account to be able to host some of these..  and I get it if some of these are not linux friendly..  i just basically listed off a bunch of games i play with friends and want to see what ones I can host for us..     currently cardlife is the game of the week for us and if you start with one and put the rest on hold.. id pick it over the rest..,  

how do I send you beer money for all your work?

Trying to setup an ark install using your docker. First off, thanks for making these dockers.

The server starts, and updates fine but it has a boot loop with this error. I tried different settings for the game parameters and extra game parameters but I'm not sure where to find the line this is referring to or what exactly the error is. Thanks 

Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 62: 79 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

10 hours ago, Newtious said:

Im just going to list a bunch of games I play..  and hopefully you will find time to check and see if they can be made into dockers..  ( I still dont see a list of what games wont work for dockers :P ) 

Citadel: forged with fire
Eco
Outlaws of the old west
Astroneer
CardLife
Empyrion - galactic Survival
Hold your own
New Dawn
New Frontier
Out of reach

Ylands

now i totally get it if i have to buy a copy for my server account to be able to host some of these..  and I get it if some of these are not linux friendly..  i just basically listed off a bunch of games i play with friends and want to see what ones I can host for us..     currently cardlife is the game of the week for us and if you start with one and put the rest on hold.. id pick it over the rest..,  

how do I send you beer money for all your work?

Please give me some time, the next weeks are a little bit stressful...

EDIT: Cardlife: i can't find any information for dedicated servers.

Empyrion there is currently no way of getting the server running on linux (trust me i've tried).

What i will try is ASTRONEER since i've own the game.

ECO could also work.

For the other games i have to take a closer look.

8 hours ago, ShadyPhD said:

Trying to setup an ark install using your docker. First off, thanks for making these dockers.

The server starts, and updates fine but it has a boot loop with this error. I tried different settings for the game parameters and extra game parameters but I'm not sure where to find the line this is referring to or what exactly the error is. Thanks 

Signal 11 caught.
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 62: 79 Segmentation fault ./ShooterGameServer ${MAP}?listen?SessionName=${SERVER_NAME}?ServerPassword=${SRV_PWD}?ServerAdminPassword=${SRV_ADMIN_PWD}${GAME_PARAMS} ${GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA}

I will look into it when i got home from work.

Can you please post a picture from your docker template page?

Edited by ich777
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please give me some time, the next weeks are a little bit stressfull...

I will look into it when i got home from work.

Can you please post a picture from your docker template page?

Thanks again. I'm sure it's an error on my end. I'm just not sure exactly where I screwed up. 

Screenshot_20200207-064041_Chrome.jpg

20 minutes ago, ShadyPhD said:

Thanks again. I'm sure it's an error on my end. I'm just not sure exactly where I screwed up.

Can you try to create a server with the default settings and report back if it works?

The error don't have to be on your end, eventually something changed in ark itself?

Since i don't play the game i must look into it and also install the container/game.

But i think the main reason is the map.

Edited by ich777

Hello @ich777, thank you for spending the time to put these together.

I am attempting to host a Terraria Server for Mobile, but the Terraria Server doesn't seem to work for Mobile as it is.

Would this be a separate docker altogether, or is there some modification I can make to make it work for Terraria Mobile?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

47 minutes ago, Necrodomis said:

Do we know the root password for these containers? I'd like to edit the cfg files, but cannot install an editor or add the steam user as a sudoer 

Basically, just want to Know the best way to edit the cfg files for the servers

Docker doesn't work that way and also root has no password...

Why don't you edit the config files in your appdata smb share? Just share the appdata folder as invicible or visible with or without password?

I don't recommend you to log into the container as root as i said a few post bevor, i think on page 37 is your answer but keep in mind that everything that you change directly in the container over the console are not permanent and wiped everytime you edit the template in unraid.

7 minutes ago, doctornode said:

Hello @ich777, thank you for spending the time to put these together.

I am attempting to host a Terraria Server for Mobile, but the Terraria Server doesn't seem to work for Mobile as it is.

Would this be a separate docker altogether, or is there some modification I can make to make it work for Terraria Mobile?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

This question was asked bevor and it's not possible since the devs run into some problems with the mac os and linux versions of the dedicated mobile servers.

The only way is currently to run it on a windows machine.

And yes this would be e separat container but it's not possible because of the windoes only files...

Edited by ich777
56 minutes ago, Necrodomis said:

Do we know the root password for these containers? I'd like to edit the cfg files, but cannot install an editor or add the steam user as a sudoer 

Basically, just want to Know the best way to edit the cfg files for the servers

I made the appdata public and just edited and added files for my csgo server, works fine so far :)

8 minutes ago, AgentClown said:

I made the appdata public and just edited and added files for my csgo server, works fine so far :)

I would make it invicible since you have to know the name of the share to connect to it and add a user that can edit the files otherwise someone can delete files by accident...

Edited by ich777
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would make it invicible since you have to know the name of the share to connect to it and add a user that can edit the files otherwise someone can delete files by accident...

Cant i make i public change the files that I want then make it private again? Or can the still delete the files?

On 2/7/2020 at 8:15 PM, AgentClown said:

Cant i make i public change the files that I want then make it private again? Or can the still delete the files?

Yes you can do that also but i think it would be best to make the share Hidden, then you have to know the sharename like: \\Tower\appdata

Edited by ich777
  • Thanks 1