linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

91 posts in this topic Last Reply

hello and good day.

cpu: intel i7-9700 ( Intel® UHD Graphics 630)

first:

/boot/config/go already set to:

modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

root@unRAID:~# ls /dev/dri

by-path/  card0  renderD128

then i try to install jellyfin docker and set it to have Video Acceleration API(VAAPI).

jellyfin still cannot play video with hardware acceleration.

( tested one h264.mkv, one mpeg.ts)

Chrome wanring:  

Playback Error

There was an issue with the client profiling and the server isn't sending a compatible media format.

Safari & ms edge:

browser just black screen.

anyone can help pls....... thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.49.59 PM.png

I recently restart the server and now I cannot start Jellyfin. The log shows:

Failed to create CoreCLR, HRESULT: 0x80004005

May I know what this error is and how can I fix it?

On 3/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, i_Will said:

hello and good day.

cpu: intel i7-9700 ( Intel® UHD Graphics 630)

first:

/boot/config/go already set to:

modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

root@unRAID:~# ls /dev/dri

by-path/  card0  renderD128

then i try to install jellyfin docker and set it to have Video Acceleration API(VAAPI).

jellyfin still cannot play video with hardware acceleration.

( tested one h264.mkv, one mpeg.ts)

Chrome wanring:  

Playback Error

There was an issue with the client profiling and the server isn't sending a compatible media format.

Safari & ms edge:

browser just black screen.

anyone can help pls....... thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 2.49.59 PM.png

try change jellyfin repository to   linuxserver/jellyfin:nightly

9 hours ago, EVolonger said:

try change jellyfin repository to   linuxserver/jellyfin:nightly

just the same....

I turned my old rig into an unRaid server. I have a Radeon 5850 in my server that is water cooled. I would like to use the 5850 to offload the hardware transcoding for Jellyfin. Is this possible??

37 minutes ago, Geck0 said:

I turned my old rig into an unRaid server. I have a Radeon 5850 in my server that is water cooled. I would like to use the 5850 to offload the hardware transcoding for Jellyfin. Is this possible??

No, it's not possible as you need to install driver for the GPU in unraid.

Posted (edited)

I have the latest jellyfin installed using unRaid nvidia 6.8.3.  I followed the instructions with the Docker setup to use my 1650 Super.  I used the same instructions with Plex and Emby and they can both transcode using my video card, but Jellyfin cannot. I confirmed this by running watch nvidia-smi.   When I go and enable nVidia NVENC and check the boxes, it won't even save, I get this error "There was an error processing the request. Please try again later."

Anything else I can try?

EDIT - Figured it out, had to create and change the path for transcode.  Now it works.

Edited by NitroNine

My unRaid uses an old i7 920 processor. Its running well, but I wanted to enable hardware transcoding for Jellyfin. Turns out the i7 has no capabilities for this as I understand it.

Is there anything I can do with a Radeon HD5850 graphics card to enable this? Its sitting in the server not doing very much. It looks like unRaid doesn't recognise them either 🤔

I've rummaged through the internet on this, and cannot find anything that supports this.

2 hours ago, Geck0 said:

My unRaid uses an old i7 920 processor. Its running well, but I wanted to enable hardware transcoding for Jellyfin. Turns out the i7 has no capabilities for this as I understand it.

Is there anything I can do with a Radeon HD5850 graphics card to enable this? Its sitting in the server not doing very much. It looks like unRaid doesn't recognise them either 🤔

I've rummaged through the internet on this, and cannot find anything that supports this.

Not much you can use the Radeon card for unfortunately.

An Nvidia Quadro P400 is perfect for an older CPU. It's much less power hungry than a gaming card. It also support hvec and h.264.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Any idea how to verify if the NVIDIA hardware transcending is working in Jellyfin? In plex it at least says (hw) next to the activity. 

Also how would I setup transcoding to RAM? 

Thanks! 

6 minutes ago, Fiala06 said:

Any idea how to verify if the NVIDIA hardware transcending is working in Jellyfin? In plex it at least says (hw) next to the activity. 

Also how would I setup transcoding to RAM? 

Thanks! 

Install GPU Statistics Plugin from Community Apps & it will show info on dashboard tab.

Set transcoding location in docker to /tmp which is memory in Unraid.

14 minutes ago, jpowell8672 said:

Install GPU Statistics Plugin from Community Apps & it will show info on dashboard tab.

Set transcoding location in docker to /tmp which is memory in Unraid.

So probably making this way more complicated then it should be. For transcoding dir there is no transcoding location variable in docker. 

Would I need to manually add a path with the container path and host path as /tmp ?

26 minutes ago, Fiala06 said:

So probably making this way more complicated then it should be. For transcoding dir there is no transcoding location variable in docker. 

Would I need to manually add a path with the container path and host path as /tmp ?

Yes, you need to manually add it, like this: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/44679-support-binhex-emby/?do=findComment&comment=779966

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Fiala06 said:

If you don't have a path for transcode under edit of jellyfin docker then just add one named Transcode, container path: /transcode, host path: /tmp

/transcode for path in jellyfin transcoding settings path

Edited by jpowell8672

Thanks guys, its working!

Here is what I did if anyone else has trouble

image.thumb.png.f6dde75356e3843b7f9cd9c24942f5af.png

image.thumb.png.cd070bb9a9206e3dcc62490a84afba07.png