Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Jellyfin

91 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, killeriq said:

tried this version, before the other one from "Jellyfin" both are giving me same error:

 

image.png.c6d7f20b2cc80830f99ca4fe6ace78e7.png

 

Nothing in log...any clue what to do?

You have probably used a port already in use

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, saarg said:

You have probably used a port already in use

Thanks man! u were right 1900 was in use by Plex and Serviio ...

 

EDIT:

Seems like DLNA has issue as i read around the internet, so it not only me...:(

Edited by killeriq

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, killeriq said:

Thanks man! u were right 1900 was in use by Plex and Serviio ...

 

EDIT:

Seems like DLNA has issue as i read around the internet, so it not only me...:(

In Jellyfin or DLNA in general?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, killeriq said:

In Jellyfin - also found this https://github.com/jellyfin/jellyfin/issues/1322 where multiple users are having similar issue

You can't change the port to 1800 as the client looks for port 1900 as far as I know.

The only solution to having multiple DLNA servers on the same server is to set each container to its own IP.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Fixed :D - i had to change in Docker settings Network to "Host" default was "Bridge" its working on 1800 port as well ;)

 

Edited by killeriq

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, killeriq said:

Fixed :D - i had to change in Docker settings Network to "Host" default was "Bridge" its working on 1800 port as well ;)

 

If you change it to host, the port mapping doesn't do anything, so it's still using port 1900.

Edited by saarg

Share this post


Link to post

How do I enter the correct path so jellyfin can see my music folder so that a DLNA device can play music files?  My path to the music folder is /mnt/disk2/Music but if I enter that when setting up a library, it says path could not be found when I try and save it.  Can anyone help please?

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dave-M said:

How do I enter the correct path so jellyfin can see my music folder so that a DLNA device can play music files?  My path to the music folder is /mnt/disk2/Music but if I enter that when setting up a library, it says path could not be found when I try and save it.  Can anyone help please?

Edit the template and add a `/music` mount and map that to your folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, j0nnymoe said:

Edit the template and add a `/music` mount and map that to your folder.

 

Edit: Added the path, but nothing showing up when using a upnp device, DNLA is enabled in the web ui.  The device can see Jellyfin -UNRAID server and I can open that, it leads to a a folder called Music, which then leads to a more folders that are not mine... latest, playlists, albums, album artists, artists, songs, genres, favourite artists, favourite albums, favourite songs.  How can I get rid of all those folders that are not mine and just have jellyfin open in my /mnt/disk2/Music folder without all the excess folders?  Thanks.jellyfin2.thumb.jpg.34ae037dcc946f38cc4ae00745aadb90.jpgjellyfinpath1.thumb.jpg.3ff2bca2a7ff24962bccde6da40a6e8e.jpgjellyfin3.jpg.f2d17d6516fd84d7073a2a6872bdeaf1.jpg

 

 

Edited by Dave-M

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Dave-M said:

 

Edit: Added the path, but nothing showing up when using a upnp device, DNLA is enabled in the web ui.  The device can see Jellyfin -UNRAID server and I can open that, it leads to a a folder called Music, which then leads to a more folders that are not mine... latest, playlists, albums, album artists, artists, songs, genres, favourite artists, favourite albums, favourite songs.  How can I get rid of all those folders that are not mine and just have jellyfin open in my /mnt/disk2/Music folder without all the excess folders?  Thanks.jellyfin2.thumb.jpg.34ae037dcc946f38cc4ae00745aadb90.jpgjellyfinpath1.thumb.jpg.3ff2bca2a7ff24962bccde6da40a6e8e.jpgjellyfin3.jpg.f2d17d6516fd84d7073a2a6872bdeaf1.jpg

 

 

Container path should be `/music/`
Host path should be `/mnt/disk2/Music`

 

In jellyfin, you'd then select `/music`

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Thanks, your suggestion helped a lot, from there I had a jumbled mess of albums in no particular order and my folder structure was completely gone.  I found a setting in the Web gui ->libraries'>display->Display a folder view to show plain media folders.  That got rid of most of the mess and partly restored my folder structure, but I am still missing some key folders from the "/music/" folder.  I've added a list of how it lookes when opened on a computer so you can see the structure.  This network music streamer reads that structure perfectly from my other NAS.

 

So the /music/ folder contains:

 

/Albums

/My Mixes

/Old Stuff

/Random Stuff

/Singles

 

How the network streamer is seeing it:

 

/Albums (this seems to be almost correct, but still oddities)

/I Wish EP (see below)

/A Million Dreams (See Below)

/My Mixes (this seems OK)

/Volume 1 (Empty dir)

 

The only folders displayed when entering the /music/ folder via upnp/DLNA is the /Albums folder and the /My Mixes folder.  The others are completely missing and replaced with random folders with random names and random content.  For example, one folder with an image as its icon is called /I Wish EP and inside that there are hundreds of random music files from different artists.  There's also a folder called /Volume one with a picture icon and nothing inside and finally another picture icon for an old album of the wife's called /A Million Dreams, and inside it are the contents of the /Random Stuff folder I mentioned above!

 

How can i fix this please?  Thanks.

 

Edit: Also, in the /Albums folder, the folder structure is almost correct, but there are a number of random album folders that have a picture icon instead of a folder icon and they have had the name of the folder changed from the artist to the title of the album, so they are now in a different location in the list.  My structure goes like this... /Albums/Artist/AlbumName

 

Edit2:  Found a place in the web gui->metadata manager where I can manually edit the folder names for the incorrectly renamed folders.  Would be good to know why they are wrong and how to avoid that in the future, though.

 

Edited by Dave-M

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Dave-M said:

Thanks, your suggestion helped a lot, from there I had a jumbled mess of albums in no particular order and my folder structure was completely gone.  I found a setting in the Web gui ->libraries'>display->Display a folder view to show plain media folders.  That got rid of most of the mess and partly restored my folder structure, but I am still missing some key folders from the "/music/" folder.  I've added a list of how it lookes when opened on a computer so you can see the structure.  This network music streamer reads that structure perfectly from my other NAS.

 

So the /music/ folder contains:

 

/Albums

/My Mixes

/Old Stuff

/Random Stuff

/Singles

 

How the network streamer is seeing it:

 

/Albums (this seems to be almost correct, but still oddities)

/I Wish EP (see below)

/A Million Dreams (See Below)

/My Mixes (this seems OK)

/Volume 1 (Empty dir)

 

The only folders displayed when entering the /music/ folder via upnp/DLNA is the /Albums folder and the /My Mixes folder.  The others are completely missing and replaced with random folders with random names and random content.  For example, one folder with an image as its icon is called /I Wish EP and inside that there are hundreds of random music files from different artists.  There's also a folder called /Volume one with a picture icon and nothing inside and finally another picture icon for an old album of the wife's called /A Million Dreams, and inside it are the contents of the /Random Stuff folder I mentioned above!

 

How can i fix this please?  Thanks.

 

Edit: Also, in the /Albums folder, the folder structure is almost correct, but there are a number of random album folders that have a picture icon instead of a folder icon and they have had the name of the folder changed from the artist to the title of the album, so they are now in a different location in the list.  My structure goes like this... /Albums/Artist/AlbumName

 

Edit2:  Found a place in the web gui->metadata manager where I can manually edit the folder names for the incorrectly renamed folders.  Would be good to know why they are wrong and how to avoid that in the future, though.

 

This more a jellyfin question than docker question. I'm not a jellyfin or DLNA user, I'd suggest checking their docs seeing why it's doing this.

Share this post


Link to post

Is there a way to verify the iGPU is doing the transcoding?  I adde "modprobe i915" to my go file and "--device=/dev/dri" to extra parameters. I've chosen VAPI and enabled, but it seems slow/buffery/etc. 

 

vapi.png

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, drjUnraid said:

Is there a way to verify the iGPU is doing the transcoding?  I adde "modprobe i915" to my go file and "--device=/dev/dri" to extra parameters. I've chosen VAPI and enabled, but it seems slow/buffery/etc. 

 

vapi.png

Check the first posts in the unraid nvidia plugin thread for how to see if it's working. If jellyfin isn't specifically mentioned look at the emby info.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, saarg said:

Check the first posts in the unraid nvidia plugin thread for how to see if it's working. If jellyfin isn't specifically mentioned look at the emby info.

Yeah I read thru it again but that is mostly for nvidia gpu based transcode.  Intel iGPU isn't covered in detail.  I've tried installing intel-gpu-tools app but it just crashes when I launch it. Need to research more. My cpu is not best for iGPU anyway since its 3rd gen. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,how do you reach the jellyfinn from WAN I can not find external IP anymore in the dashboard.

I make Duckdns domain and Let'sencrypt proxy to work but Android app can't connect.

Do you have any idea what to do.

Thank you.

Edited by Vesko
Fixed by reinstall docker.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/30/2020 at 3:01 AM, Vesko said:

Hi,how do you reach the jellyfinn from WAN I can not find external IP anymore in the dashboard.

I make Duckdns domain and Let'sencrypt proxy to work but Android app can't connect.

Do you have any idea what to do.

Thank you.

Could I ask what you did to get the letsencrypt/duckdns set up working? I'm having trouble with it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Epitome said:

Could I ask what you did to get the letsencrypt/duckdns set up working? I'm having trouble with it.

 

Hi,I had them work and then something broke I think when I update Unraid to latest version.Then I try to get them work and I couldn't reach jellyfin from WAN and I just reinstall the docker before that I delete the docker and the image.After everything was working again.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys, where's the cache and metadata?

 

Inside Jellyfin settings it says /config/cache and /config/data/metadata but that doesn't seem to correspond to the directory structure. I could find:

appdata/cache

appdata/data/metadata

 

is appdata/config 'hardcoded' as the prefix? So the App basically thinks its:

appdata/config/cache

appdata/config/data/metadata

 

Thanks.

Edited by Derek_

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Derek_ said:

Hi guys, where's the cache and metadata?

 

Inside Jellyfin settings it says /config/cache and /config/data/metadata but that doesn't seem to correspond to the directory structure. I could find:

appdata/cache

appdata/data/metadata

 

is appdata/config 'hardcoded' as the prefix? So the App basically thinks its:

appdata/config/cache

appdata/config/data/metadata

 

Thanks.

This is basic docker stuff. I suggest you read the docker faq to learn about the basics of docker.

 

/config inside the container is the appdata folder on the host side (unraid).

So /config/cache inside the container is /whatever_you_mapped_as_appdatafolder/cache on Unraid. Probably /mnt/cache/appdata/jellyfin/

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

maybe it is something I did trying to move trancoding onto a p2000. latest 6.8.3 nvidia build. Gpu shows up. 

coppy gu id to the Nvidia Visible Devices: GPU-fcf6b195-48f5-e60d-f7cc-7fc3ce2b59c8

Nvidia Driver Version: 440.59

GPU 0 Model & Bus: Quadro P2000      26:00.0

GPU 0 UUID: GPU-fcf6b195-48f5-e60d-f7cc-7fc3ce2b59c8

IOMMU group 16: [10de:1c30] 26:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GP106GL [Quadro P2000] (rev a1)

                          [10de:10f1] 26:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)

 

I select nvidia, get nothing but errors. remove the gpu from docker and regular cpu transcoding things work

 

ok think I got it, add more variables to the docker

Edited by anylettuce

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, scud133b said:

I'm also having trouble connecting to my HDHomeRun tuner. It's failing with a couple error messages: Error opening tuner and Error processing request. The weird part is that it definitely is connecting to my HDHomeRun because it's pulling in the channels in the UI.

 

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

 

Here's the errors in the logs:

 


[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] User policy for admin. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: http://10.10.70.100, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True
[23:09:56] [INF] Profile: Unknown Profile, No direct play profiles found for Path: http://10.10.70.100
[23:09:56] [INF] Opening channel stream from Emby, external channel Id: hdhr_8.1
[23:09:56] [INF] Streaming Channel hdhr_8.1
[23:09:56] [INF] GetChannelStream: channel id: hdhr_8.1. stream id: heavy_9fef4379d3f393ecaff8032b49af387e_53fd5f596fcc9ad4d2be4f78a8b5aab9 profile: heavy
[23:09:56] [INF] Opening SharedHttpStream Live stream from http://10.10.70.100:5004/auto/v8.1?transcode=heavy
[23:09:59] [ERR] HTTP request failed with message:

[23:09:59] [ERR] Error opening tuner

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Service Unavailable
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.EnsureSuccessStatusCode(HttpResponseMessage response, HttpRequestOptions options)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, HttpMethod httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, HttpMethod httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.SharedHttpStream.Open(CancellationToken openCancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
[23:09:59] [ERR] Error processing request

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException' was thrown.

at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelStreamWithDirectStreamProvider(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.OpenMediaSource(String openToken, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStream(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService.OpenMediaSource(OpenMediaSource request)
at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService.GetPlaybackInfo(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)
at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService.Post(GetPostedPlaybackInfo request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.GetTaskResult(Task task)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, ILogger logger, String operationName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IHttpRequest httpReq, String urlString, String host, String localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

 

Hi all sorry for quoting this but I am having this issue on my configuration right now, any ideas on what I can do to test this?

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, Coldguy said:

Hi all sorry for quoting this but I am having this issue on my configuration right now, any ideas on what I can do to test this?

Check my follow-up post right after the one you quoted :)

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.