[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

How do I create a second user account with ich777/TheLounge? 

Console on the docker: 

root@43554343:/# thelounge add abc123
node:internal/fs/utils:356
    throw err;
    ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/thelounge/bin/.thelounge_home'
    at Object.openSync (node:fs:596:3)
    at Object.readFileSync (node:fs:464:35)
    at Utils.defaultHome (/thelounge/bin/dist/server/command-line/utils.js:29:29)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/thelounge/bin/dist/server/command-line/index.js:22:72)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1364:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1422:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1203:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1019:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1231:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:177:18) {
  errno: -2,
  syscall: 'open',
  code: 'ENOENT',
  path: '/thelounge/bin/.thelounge_home'
}

Going from unraid console leads to same console:

root@server: docker exec -it -u root TheLounge bash
root@43554343:/#

Trying to login to thelounge-console from unraid-console with TheLounge main/admin user: 

root@server: docker exec -it -u lounge-admin-user TheLounge bash
unable to find user lounge-admin-user : no matching entries in passwd file

Edited by tshorts
22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

grafik.thumb.png.fea75b557cea7fb856cab9d7f9278da8.png

Aha, thank you! Thought that ment another as remove current and make new. Much obliged.  

edit: actually didn't seem to work. No new .json file in /thelounge/users and say failed login when trying. 

Edited by tshorts
12 minutes ago, tshorts said:

edit: actually didn't seem to work. No new .json file in /thelounge/users and say failed login when trying. 

Working fine over here, what I did:

1. Install the container with the user test and password test
  2. Login with password test
  3. Go to the template change username/password to test2 and click Apply
  4. Wait for the container to start:
    grafik.png.de1f1ff3ed574549b521b7e7b47a8550.png
  5. In the WebUI click on the gear icon select account and sign out
  6. Sign in as test2

Does your newly created user have any spaces or special characters in it (both username and password)?

Initially I would set at least the password to something easy and change it in the WebUI.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Working fine over here, what I did:

1. Install the container with the user test and password test
  2. Login with password test
  3. Go to the template change username/password to test2 and click Apply
  4. Wait for the container to start:
    grafik.png.de1f1ff3ed574549b521b7e7b47a8550.png
  5. In the WebUI click on the gear icon select account and sign out
  6. Sign in as test2

Does your newly created user have any spaces or special characters in it (both username and password)?

Initially I would set at least the password to something easy and change it in the WebUI.

How did you manage to login on first user to thelounge console? I can login to web, but I get "

unable to find user lounge-admin-user : no matching entries in passwd file" when trying to login to console (with that user). 

BTW, did the test user keep existing your way? It's a second user I want to create, not just replace it. 

Edit: new user was created only using small english letters.

Edited by tshorts
2 minutes ago, tshorts said:

How did you manage to login on first user to thelounge console?

I didn‘t log in to the console, why should I do that?

This is just the log from the container (click on the container icon and Log)

2 minutes ago, tshorts said:

BTW, did the test user keep existing your way? It's a second user I want to create, not just replace it. 

You clearly didn‘t read what the helptext said correct?

Yes it keeps existing, I made it easy for users from my container to create new users without fiddling around with the console.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I didn‘t log in to the console, why should I do that?

This is just the log from the container (click on the container icon and Log)

That output was exactly what made me think you'd log into the console (and the fact that I for some reason thought you were a responder in the thread). So thank you very much for the explanation. 

But where is the 

You clearly didn‘t read what the helptext said correct?

Yes it keeps existing, I made it easy for users from my container to create new users without fiddling around with the console.

Sweet. Again, though you were another responder going another route. 

I tried a couple of times more. Log just empty. 
But then I changed trying from "ben" to "ben1" it suddenly worked. No clue why, I probably did something different I didn't register. 

Big thanks for your help and support!

• Like 1

Synthetica License error

Getting an error when attempting to see the webgui about synthetica license. 

All of the forum stuff from Jdownloader seems to not help or I am just not understanding it at all. 

Any idea on how to resolve this? 

It was working fine a couple days ago and now its dead. 

26|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 8/6/24 5:27:01 PM - INFO [ org.appwork.updatesys.client.defaultimpl.http.HttpClientImpl(info) ] -> No Last Chance Found. Good!
26|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 8/6/24 5:27:01 PM - INFO [ org.appwork.updatesys.client.defaultimpl.http.HttpClientImpl(checkTryNextProxyOrGiveUp) ] -> Check if we can leave 
26|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 8/6/24 5:27:01 PM - INFO [ org.appwork.updatesys.client.defaultimpl.http.HttpClientImpl(checkTryNextProxyOrGiveUp) ] -> Invalid Response Code: org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.InvalidResponseCode: Invalid ResponseCode: 404
26|org.jdownloader.update.UpdateManager.log 8/6/24 5:27:01 PM - INFO [ org.appwork.updatesys.client.defaultimpl.http.HttpClientImpl(throwServerExceptions) ] -> Handle BasicHTTPException org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.BasicHTTPException: org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.ReadIOException: org.appwork.utils.net.BasicHTTP.InvalidResponseCode: Invalid ResponseCode: 404
Update Progress: 0.0 %
Request toFront(use toFront): org.appwork.utils.swing.dialog.AbstractDialog$10[An Error occurred,783,486,353x108,hidden,layout=java.awt.BorderLayout,DOCUMENT_MODAL,title=An Error occurred,defaultCloseOperation=DO_NOTHING_ON_CLOSE,rootPane=javax.swing.JRootPane[,5,25,343x78,layout=javax.swing.JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthBorder@674fc9b8,flags=16777673,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=],rootPaneCheckingEnabled=true]
Request toFront(timer,restore focusable true): org.appwork.utils.swing.dialog.AbstractDialog$10[An Error occurred,0,-18,353x108,layout=java.awt.BorderLayout,DOCUMENT_MODAL,title=An Error occurred,defaultCloseOperation=DO_NOTHING_ON_CLOSE,rootPane=javax.swing.JRootPane[,0,18,353x86,layout=javax.swing.JRootPane$RootLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.plaf.synth.SynthBorder@674fc9b8,flags=16777673,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=],rootPaneCheckingEnabled=true]

On 8/7/2024 at 1:24 PM, alturismo said:

when you talk about the jdownloader docker, you tried the recommended post standing in top ?

Yeh the second pinned post - deleteing the core.jar and stuff done that - but it just keeps looping and then giving the error synthetica license is broken

- I eventually gave up and just removed the whole thing and reinstalled fresh seems to be working now

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arcau said:

Yeh the second pinned post - deleteing the core.jar and stuff done that - but it just keeps looping and then giving the error synthetica license is broken

The message about the license is not that important, you should be able to click okay or something.

Did you stop the container before removing the files? This should always work.

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

The message about the license is not that important, you should be able to click okay or something.

Did you stop the container before removing the files? This should always work.

Thank you Ich, that pinned second post solved my issue completely 👌🏽

• Like 1

LuckyBackup - 

Trying to get cron to work and see if my problems from back in January with the timezone offset is still an issue.

I tried to trigger a job to run in 2 minutes and nothing seemed to happen. Went looking in the logs and found that the LastCronLog.log file for the profile had been updated at the time the job was supposed to run. It says:

No protocol specified
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display :0
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Aborted

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I assume you didn't read the description from the container:

grafik.png.af10d866067e3d5ab57f13d0eb7363de.png

<sheepish>

I had just clicked the edit button on my post to say "Console Mode." 😕 

Dude, there are so many things to read. I was looking for my old timezone offset problems. Wasn't even thinking about that. 😄 

Good news is, it seems to run at the correct time without the timezone problem. Sweet!

Thanks!

Edited by Mattaton
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Dude, there are so many things to read.

No worries, unlike most other maintainers I write important things in the descriptions from the containers itself or directly in the descriptions from the variables.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No worries, unlike most other maintainers I write important things in the descriptions from the containers itself or directly in the descriptions from the variables.

Much appreciated. And as soon as I saw the Console Mode thing I had an, "Ah that's right!" moment. Just been a minute since I have tinkered with LB and wasn't dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's like I did the first time. Too focused on finding old problems. 🙂 

Thanks for putting up with folks like me. 😄 

7 minutes ago, alturismo said:

and may as note, the UI wont be updated after a cron job ... only once you restart the container ...

when you check your task list

Yeah, that's something I realized back in January when testing timezone offset issues. I thought it wasn't running until I restarted the container and it updated. Now I just watch the log files instead to see if they update. 🙂 

I thought I would have the timezone problems I had before. It always ran on CET/CEST even though I had it set to EST/EDT. So I had to subtract 6 hours from the cron time to get it to run when I actually wanted it to. But setting it up this time, it seems to run properly at the configured time EDT.

I don't know if it's the TZ setting in the container finally working, or if it's still the .profile file @cybrnook helped me create. But it seems to be working this time around. (Pardon the pun.)
I wish the log file content adjusted to work with the configured TZ setting. But subtracting 6 hours is pretty easy to do. Even I can do that. 😄 

Edited by Mattaton
19 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Unraid adds that by default to every container.

Gotcha. Yeah, it just wasn't working back in January. Had to add that .profile file to the root of the config folder with the TZ setting in it to get it to work back then.

It's working with this new cron setup, but I don't know which of the two "solutions" is making it work this time. 🙂 

So there's still some timezone issue with LuckyBackup. It definitely wants to live in CET/CEST and has a lot of holes in timezone translation.

CRON has my profile run at the correct time according to the modified time on the log files (6am EDT). But LuckyBackup interface says it ran in the future +6 hours at 12 noon today (It's currently 9:45am EDT).

Screenshot2024-08-14093125.png.f7be963d7beb8164b6e820e43b76acab.png

Interface says 12:02:47 PM EDT, the logs also say that time, but with CEST timezone (which is technically correct).

Screenshot2024-08-14094022.png.a08476ceee72359910c5e5e7f3d5bd38.png

What makes things more interesting is that if I run the profile manually, the interface shows the accurate time EDT. So the interface shows the incorrect time only when CRON triggers the profile. Not sure what the log files will show as the logs for individual tasks have not a single mention of the date and time it ran (which I find odd).

Accurate when triggered manually:

Screenshot2024-08-15065718.png.601686df4351c97d71477d13685cd507.png

Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this. The backups are working and running when I want them to, so this is a minor annoyance. This is certainly better than the 6 hour offset I had back in January where I had to subtract 6 hours on the CRON time to get it to run when I actually wanted.

Edited by Mattaton

Hi all,

I am looking for a little help with the stun-turn-server container.

I have my nextcloud set up on unraid following spaceinvaderone instructions. With the linuxserver.io nextcloud container, and the linuxserver.io swag container, which functions as the reverse proxy, all on the proxynet.
I believe the same setup as the user from page 13 of this board.

Could I please have some assistance in setting up this server.
I believe the swag server already created certs (probably keys, I don't know how this works) for my domain, so I may need to copy them over into the stun server.
Also, swag (nginx reverse proxy) is being used, so is there a way I can avoid forwarding the extra ports through my firewall, and have everything go through my.domain.com:443? So perhaps stun.my.domain.com:443 TCP and UDP connections can be picked up by the swag container, and forwarded to the turn server on the correct ports?

This keeps ports to a minimum, all security in the one place, and allows me to make use of the swag fail2ban feature.
I would love help finding the access log for the stun server, so if someone tries to get in with a bad secret (presumably through a brute force, having not recieved it from nextcloud first) it would just block off the IP.

Thank you in advance. It is my understanding that the setup I have-being done via spaceinvaderone is a very common one, so hopefully someone picks this up.

24 minutes ago, 4554551n said:

I believe the swag server already created certs (probably keys, I don't know how this works) for my domain, so I may need to copy them over into the stun server.

I wouldn't recommend doing it that way, use instead the pre provided keys, the container will generate them for you.

25 minutes ago, 4554551n said:

Also, swag (nginx reverse proxy) is being used, so is there a way I can avoid forwarding the extra ports through my firewall, and have everything go through my.domain.com:443?

No, that's not how STUN-TURN works, you have to expose the ports from the container directly to the Internet, please note that you even should consider it to give the container it's own IP and then forwarding these ports.

If you do a reverse proxy STUN-TURN won't work since STUN-TURN will basically give the wrong IPs to the applications.

27 minutes ago, 4554551n said:

This keeps ports to a minimum, all security in the one place, and allows me to make use of the swag fail2ban feature.

Sure but that won't work, if you want to use your own STUN-TURN server you have to do it like described above otherwise it won't work, you always can use public STUN-TURN servers like listed here.

28 minutes ago, 4554551n said:

I would love help finding the access log for the stun server, so if someone tries to get in with a bad secret (presumably through a brute force, having not recieved it from nextcloud first) it would just block off the IP.

The container only writes the Docker Log to the host and nothing inside the container to avoid filling up the Docker image.

Hi, I am hitting an issue that Lancache Pre-Fill only seems to fill up to 1.10TB out of a 4TB SSD. Then it looks like it is overwriting anything that was the oldest to save space. My guess is there is some limit to the size of the maximum amount of data it will download before resorting to overwriting old data.

Has anyone encountered this/know how to change the limit as I would like to fill up the 4TB SSD I have with pre-fill.

I am running on Unraid V6.12.11

Repository: ich777/lancache-prefill

All help would be much appreciated.